test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What location do you want to go to after mod 14?

2»

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    LOL, Kreatyve, Silver Halls, something dark and sinister? sound like Moria.

i like Undermountian, aka "Halastar's Maze".
    How about Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut?
    Calimshan, rooftop adventure, running on roofs, jumping around, wall climbings, with begger/thieves guilds faction quests.
    Final chapter of Temple of Elementals.
    for Kreatyve, Silver Halls, new crafting station zone for our crafters to gather better resources, new 25-35 level craftings, add new weekly craft task.
    Post edited by wylonus on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Narnia
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i would like to see something along the lines of planescape yaknow the original torment. now im not 100% sure how that would fit with everything else but it would be awesome. problem would be because of the carebears running rampant these days we couldnt really have something as dark as that game was
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    The "planescape" layout can be connected off of NW with a variant of what Ravenloft traveling thru the mists is bringing. The twist that I see revolves back to the story compatibility hooking to the new spaces, thinking spatial gate n Full-metal Alchemist.

There may still be a happy medium, in here for NW.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Some interesting places I can think of:

- Calimshan
    - Moonshae Isles
    - Cormyr
    - Luskan
    - Myth Drannor
    - Candlekeep

Just as long as a few small places are also made available:

screenshot_2018-06-04-02-02-45screenshot_2018-06-04-02-54-14screenshot_2018-06-04-11-04-04screenshot_2018-06-04-03-41-13screenshot_2018-06-09-08-04-20_moddedscreenshot_2018-06-09-05-51-06screenshot_2018-06-06-00-01-38_moddedscreenshot_2018-06-05-23-31-07

C'mon, @mimicking#6533 ; I know you have to manage budget. I get it -- believe me, I work in defense, where every tenth of an hour must be accounted for. I get it. A few of these would, however, be utterly trivial to reopen. For example, the torch puzzle room is 100% intact from mod 5 -- literally nothing inside has been removed or altered; it simply needs to be made accessible again. The same enemies that were there in mod 5 are still there, though they must be *incredibly* bored by now with no adventurers to deal with. The same goes for the small Ogre room (though a cobwebbed wing in my brain is telling me that some saw blade traps should be there as well). The Daughter of Lolth room needs about 8 or so spiderlings, a deathjump spider, a blade spider (if memory serves), and a chest or two to be complete (I think one was a mimic in eCC). All of the traps that were present there in mod 5 still are.

I know -- it has to go through QA. It's not the FAA certification I have to deal with, but I get it -- it requires budget. Please, just pick one item -- whatever is the lowest-hanging fruit -- and make a good faith effort to shoehorn it in. My guess is the torch puzzle is the most trivial out of all of them, but who knows -- maybe something else will require less effort. All the ogre room needs is the lever added back in to open the secret door. My point is, the mistakes of mod 6 are not *that* hard to reverse. Some are incredibly easy.

(and I miss the Yellowbeard reference from the wight in the last thumbnail :disappointed: )
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Athkatla! I totally loved the setting in BG2 and can't wait to see and become a member of the resident thieves guild, the Shadow Thieves!
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    LOL, did you see Waterdeep teaser which it is coming after Ravenloft? base on Undermountain Maze and "Dragon Hiest" adventure. we all will learn about Lord Neverember and why he was ousted. ok, that is enough spoiler for now.
    that Waterdeep would be huge city. breaking down to 3-4 districts, nearly 2-3 times bigger than Neverwinter.
    heard that you cant fight on streets and you can be arrested by local city gaurds and they can beat you, real tough guys, better let them arrest you and get prison break story.
  • I would like to visit Calimshan and Calimport from the R. A. Salvatore novels about Artemis Entreri, who managed to enter Menzoberranzan, learn silent tongue and run with Jarlaxle.

Plus Calimport is in a desert if memory serves and we don't have a desert map yet.