test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrant vs Primal

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
I got both and currently using Primal. Should I swap over to the Tyrant weapons?

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Primal. Generally BiS for endgame content - DPS to be precise.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Primal. Generally BiS for endgame content - DPS to be precise.

I understand how the primal works and why it is considered BiS for DPS.

I'm asking about the Tyrant set to see if anyone on the PC side has been fortunate enough to get it and test it out. I know many players have not been lucky with RNG and do not have the Tyrant set to test and verify it.

If someone has tested the Tyrant set, should I use Tyrant set over the Primal for bosses and use my primal on adds?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Primal=10% damage increase near 100% of the time(in group content)
    Tyrant=slow build up to 10% damage increase, in which the boss might not even be alive by the time you get to it.
    edited May 2018
    arazith07 said:

Primal=10% damage increase near 100% of the time(in group content)
    Tyrant=slow build up to 10% damage increase, in which the boss might not even be alive by the time you get to it.

Thanks for the info. I will update the Tyrant set and test it out. Not sure how many players tested the Tyrant out to actually compare it to the Primal set.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    The most important thing, above everything else, is to get highest possible damage score. Since new weapons will be comming in MOD14/15 I'd say - go with what you have and do not think much about it honestly.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

The most important thing, above everything else, is to get highest possible damage score. Since new weapons will be comming in MOD14/15 I'd say - go with what you have and do not think much about it honestly.

New weapons are IL 520 same as the current weapons after they are improved.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    > The most important thing, above everything else, is to get highest possible damage score. Since new weapons will be comming in MOD14/15 I'd say - go with what you have and do not think much about it honestly.

Do you have a link to where it shows the new weapons, or have they not said what they were yet?
    I've tested the primal vs. Tyrant.

Tested the weapons out in T9 and FBI....

Ocrus: If you take the DPS buff Primal is superior. If you take the temp HP buff than Tyrant is the way to go. Primal otherwise
    Withers: Primal hands down
    Rasi: If you are running with a burn group Primal otherwise Tyrant wins out.

Haiti: Primal due to the dot you can get and healing needed.
    Turtle: Primal as you do get out of combat and that resets the Tyrant weapon damage buff.
    Druffi: Tyrant unless you are in a burn group.

What I like about the Tyrant is the increase in DR but it is only a small % and is not really worth it.

With what it took to get the Tyrant set it should be BiS. It should increase the damage by 2% every 2 seconds while in combat and not 1% every 5 seconds. This change would make the Tyrant hit max damage in 10 seconds and push the Tyrant set as BiS with the primal being a close 2nd. The way it is now, the Tyrant works but is only superior to the Primal in a handful of situations and typically requires a lower geared group to really make it worth using over the primal weapons.

> @c1k4ml3kc3 said:

> The most important thing, above everything else, is to get highest possible damage score. Since new weapons will be comming in MOD14/15 I'd say - go with what you have and do not think much about it honestly.

Do you have a link to where it shows the new weapons, or have they not said what they were yet?

There is one new weapon that goes to 520 IL and it is similar to how we restored the weapons in cloak. It is not as good as Primal when Primal is updated; otherwise the newer weapon set will be better given the higher IL.

The second set you gain from completing the Ravenloft Campaign story, similar to the weapon set from EE. This set will be IL 500.

Given how the current gear is and what some consider BiS, I would almost stick to what you have now as it is not all that much of an upgrade. You have to look at no only the stats increase but also what the gear is providing as a bonus. For instance, Enduring boots will probably be BiS for a while due to the 3% damage increase they provide when you have full stamina.

After all the testing I have done, I will probably stick with the primal set unless the devs do additional modifying to the Tyrant set to make them more effective or as effective as the primal.