test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CoDG - Atropal Hand Grab During Pull/Push

vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Since the patch last week (3/22), there is a bug where the hand will grab someone during the pull/push phase of Atropal. It has happened to me multiple times now and I have seen it happen to group members as well.

I don't mind if the hand grabs you if it actually keeps you in place. But, when you are grabbed by the hand, you lose all control of your character and are pulled right off the platform. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck.

Either,

1) Make the hand actually hold you in place
2) Fix the bug of it grabbing during the pull/push phase.

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Unfortunately this bug isn't new; it's been happening since release.

The overlapping of other mechanics with the pull/push shouldn't be a thing. The fight transitions are possibly even more "hamstered" since the implementation of the alleged fix to prevent players from pushing phases.

- Grasping claws can still appear during the pull/push, as previously mentioned
    - The behavior of the pull/push mechanic is somewhat random with players occasionally getting pushed a second time or for a longer duration
    - The "ultimate" Cry of the Atropal that occurs after Acererak needs to be fought off on the platform can completely fail to activate
    - The Atropal can go immune and untargetable for an excessive length of time, continuing to attack freely until the next pull/push phase finally kicks in
    - The Atropal can go nuts with the pull/push when low on health and spend a lot of time untargetable. Often leads to a wipe since every pull/push is another chance for a hand grab or an especially unfortunate pattern of AoEs to overlap that mechanic

This fight is in beta status at best. It's actually a really cool trial, but it desperately needs some fixes to make the experience more consistent. We shouldn't have to go in crossing our fingers that we clear in a reasonable time despite the glitches when we already know and execute the mechanics correctly. At this point it's more a question of how many key party members are able to survive and down the Atropal before issues like the aforementioned hand during pull/push can force a wipe through attrition.

Would be encouraging to get word that these issues are being addressed internally.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    This boss is still unplayable. There is no animation of boss skills. Disappearing companions.
    When dropping from the platform, the boss uses other skills, which makes survival impossible.
    Almost 3 months and CODG will sound like it would be written by an amateur yesterday evening. Exchange programmers because they are not good for anything. Each subsequent addition is 90% unfinished and full of holes like Swiss cheese.
    There will be times to do so, and the servers will be empty. All in all, there are few who play, and it will be even worse.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    More and more turn their back on that trial sadly.
    It´s a shame nothing is done since it´s pretty urgent.

I also want to add one thing.
    The more player die, the more pressure is put on the rest on the team, since the boss features Hand/Vortex obviously get´s not deminished according to the number of player.
    You end like carrying or dodging aoe in a row, no chance to even casts a spell, like that vortex, getting grabbed, shot by Acerak and having that huge cross on your head -> nearly same time <-.
    What I want to say is, if only 5 player are left, it would be essential to time down the frequence of Vortex and that grabbing hand somehow, to give at least those player a chance to use their skills.
    Betaphase at best , aggreed.
    That trial could be fun.. but like this it´s the most annoying experience since I play mmo-rpg`s (a pretty long time tbh :) )
    Bumping this out of annoyance because tonight's Cradle farm, while successful, was still buggy as all hamster. It's not that the trial can't be done; it's that it's not fun to have to hope that the broken mechanics don't get you.

- Atropal is still a "friendly" target during the Acererak phase. Amusing to see gigantic Anointed Army buff indicators floating around the evil baby, but could we please do something about this so that devo OPs in particular don't need to worry about mega-healing it?

- The continuing pot shots during phase transitions are still unfairly disruptive, especially considering that the boss can't even be targeted while the free attacks continue. Hands and barrage AoE markers really shouldn't be going out concurrently with pull/push, and the attempt to force players to observe phase transitions has made this issue even more noticeable than before.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It is incredibly lame when the pull/push starts and Acererak then uses his wide radius aoe and catapults everyone off the platform. That aoe doesn't even seem to care if you are on the red when the blast hits, as long as you were on the red when it started... so gently walking away from it won't help, only dodging might but that is risky during the pull/push. I can't believe this is by design.
    I’m hoping that the very loud dev silence on CoDG mechanics is indicative of them working on some big improvements and not wanting to announce their planned fixes before they’ve committed to them.

Just a few tweaks would make the trial much more fun and fair for the majority of end-game players. Even players who struggle with excessive latency would probably be able to adjust better if mechanics around pull/push were cleaner and with more consistent timing.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    FIx and the chest bug.
    IF you fall when atropal dies you dont get chest
    WE use zen to buy legndary keys and we cant even use them thanks for that.
    Because the unmodified solutions are copied in an erroneous module.
    The same problems have always been present in every module for a long time.
    The whole week he tries to do this boss and something is still bugging. I'm slowly going to play it.
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    The trial came out unfinished, so many bugs need to be looked at and the elevator phase is so boring that it should have elevator music in it to keep us entertained.
    Exactly the first and second phase is very easy. However, the third is extremely broken. Personally, I give myself a break with the game for some time, it is a pity to tire now. Maybe in a month or four years they'll fix something.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A certain sharp witted person made the comment that after completing the elevator phase, we should receive a piece od companion gear.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

Since the patch last week (3/22), there is a bug where the hand will grab someone during the pull/push phase of Atropal. It has happened to me multiple times now and I have seen it happen to group members as well.

I don't mind if the hand grabs you if it actually keeps you in place. But, when you are grabbed by the hand, you lose all control of your character and are pulled right off the platform. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck.

Either,

1) Make the hand actually hold you in place
    2) Fix the bug of it grabbing during the pull/push phase.

This is a design flaw for sure but I doubt this is actually a bug. It wasn't caused by the 3/22/18 patch either. I unlocked Cradle in a timely manner and this bug was happening to people in my first runs. Other forum posts that are older than that patch have also mentioned the grasping hand issue.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    The latest Preview patch notes have a fix for this. You can still get grabbed, but you shouldn't get pushed or pulled while being grasped.