test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New "Coming soon" class

erebusworldserebusworlds Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So, this class whatever it is has been saying "coming soon" for what, 2-3 years? when is "soon" for the new class because I notice a lot of content goes out every year but this class has been seemingly shelved and left to say "coming soon" when it has been years. May we get some clarification on this?

Answers

• stoora#8780 stoora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes I would like to know what class is going come soon
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Maybe first balance for current classes?
  • erebusworldserebusworlds Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Balance often means to kill other classes or to never be fully, like life this very will not be truely achieved easly if ever. Classicly among games in class balancing involving cryptic and I know this will look bad as they try but bear with for an example. In PWI the Barbarian class was not balanced with the new more powerful or seem more powerful because of their varity of skills instead of a solid realm, this made the Barbarian class in the game the coined "extinct species" because it was not only no match for the new ones but they had been nerfed before and redone but otherwise the balance was not acheived and they were left to class Limbo but still existing, unlike our Limbo class here that has said to be coming soon for 2-3 years, now apporaching near 4, so back to the root question of this topic if you may. When is soon for the class and what may we know on what it will be because I think after this many years a answer can be asked for if not warrented.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    According to the rumors, late 2019/early 2020. is when the new class will come, outside of a Mod update.

What I personally want instead is a level cap increase, or something along those lines. Some classes have really... terrible paragon paths which no one uses because there aren't enough useful feats. Adding just one or two useful feats to some paths could make them viable. They could also use that LC increase to re-balance the game. Give GFs feats that don't increase your damage by some ridiculous amounts so their DPS stays the same (no more 3 shotting orcus), and give CWs actually good feats that would make them competitive again. And DON'T HAMSTER it up like you did in M6 and you're good.

So you not only get a rebalance, you also get (hopefully) a lot more content and one big effin release that would keep most people busy for a few months, unlike what M13 did and people are literally doing cradle in the 2nd week (kek).
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    NO dev ever said anything when or if a new class will come. Why do we have to talk about this every 2 or 3 weeks?
  • erebusworldserebusworlds Member Posts: 6 Arc User

NO dev ever said anything when or if a new class will come. Why do we have to talk about this every 2 or 3 weeks?

because it's not every 2-3 weeks and fact, there has been a class symbol for 2-3 years indicating a new class saying "coming soon, this topic again was to get info on it but seems rumors say 2019-2020.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The coming soon thing has bee there since Beta. It wasn't removed when HR was added in Mod2 or SW in mod 4 and I assume not in mod 6 either. It will likely be there until the server shuts down. Read anything into it only at the risk of your own disappointment.

The 2019 thing seems to have originated because Foss stated there wouldn't be one in the releases expected for this current year. To the best of my knowledge, he only ruled out a new class in the next 2 or 3 mods. No promise was made that one would come after that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Considering the previous character roll outs, the game is very much past due for a new character class. Mod 2, Mod 4, Mod 6, these would make the progress that Mod 8, then Mod 10, then mod 12 the finishing off of the standard archetypes from AD&D rules Edition 1-3 and 5. Presuming they don't set up a level 70 profile, a new character class will systematically cause the purchase of character slots with Zen, making of the campaign tokens, and shuffling around of gold et al resources across accounts to arm the new class, after finishing "Theft of the Crown." For the players, a new character class would jump start a lot more activity to run through a good majority of levels 1 through 59.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    New class means lots of campaign unlocks purchased....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    While I don't dispute that a new class would lead to some purchases, would those purchases offer a positive ROI? That is, would they pay for the time spent creating the new class? Would the new class draw new people in (i.e. potential sources of income), and if so, how many?

I do think that we're well overdue, though, regardless of any business case against it. The expansion to console, as well as the general longevity of NW, shows that it's got the legs (and revenue stream) to stick around - making an investment in the game would (ideally) be in Cryptics best interest here.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    We don't need a new class... -w-
  • darthsutehk#4909 darthsutehk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Dps classes mind blade, Barbarian.
    Tank classes psychic warrior, Planar champion.
    Healer classes Druid, dragon shaman, divine mind.
    Buffer classes Binder, Ardent, psion.
  • ileskaileska Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would like to add my voice to those wishing we had new classes. The more, the better. Replaying old content with a new class is what keeps me coming back. I am particularly enamored of monks. I wouldn't mind variants of the current classes, either.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    So many threads about the new class ....
  • queencee#8444 queencee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i doubt they will have it, or maybe the annoucement will stay other months if not years. there must be reason why it has been hold for so long. i read a guild in apknite discussing about how this is most less likely to happen as you need to balance the new and the old ones and then it will need a big update that can change to many other things in game. like a domino phenomena
  • hansolo#0864 hansolo Member Posts: 3 Arc User

i doubt they will have it, or maybe the annoucement will stay other months if not years. there must be reason why it has been hold for so long. i read a guild in apknite discussing about how this is most less likely to happen as you need to balance the new and the old ones and then it will need a big update that can change to many other things in game. like a domino phenomena

i agree. they make us so hype for the new class and left us waiting for long in disapoiting
  • kidcudie#6972 kidcudie Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"queencee#8444" said:
    > i doubt they will have it, or maybe the annoucement will stay other months if not years. there must be reason why it has been hold for so long. i read a guild in apknite discussing about how this is most less likely to happen as you need to balance the new and the old ones and then it will need a big update that can change to many other things in game. like a domino phenomena

yes, i dont think they will make it out a new class any time soon