test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Packet Corruption Error: (Solution Found)

arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
edited February 2018 in The Foundry
At some point, anything I do started crashing the foundry and ejecting me to the login with the error "Packet Corruption" This only happens on my 1 foundry, I thought it was related to autosave but turns out it isn't. I duplicated my quest and I thought it was fixed but the problem came back an hour later. I checked and I have 0 packet loss on my side and my internet is perfectly fine, all my other quests are editable without problem. I can't isolate what I did that was unique to this problem. I guess it all started when I placed a room and 2 encounters and a friendly adventurer to make a timer, pressing the save button crashed me for the first time.

I've reinstalled twice, patched, pinged my packets, 0 loss, restarted, rebooted, updated, scanned, cleaned, verified, tried on another computer, went to my friends house to use his wifi. all the same.
Pls play my quests :C
- A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
- Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
Post edited by arkanarge on

Comments

• arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Actually.... I thought it was autosave because when I duplicated it, it reverted to a version of my quest before I made all the edits, before all this packet corruption started.... the autosave started because.... I afked too long in the foundry and it kicked me out. prompting autosave to go off, this starting the autosave error chain? The second time I made the same mistake and afked and when I logged in, it prompted me if I wanted to recover an autosave, and I hit no. But after that, everything started to fail. So to test this, I will duplicate the quest again and try everything, If it works, thats the solution, then AFK, get kicked out, and retry. FOR SCIENCE!
    Nvm, putting down an encounter instantly crashed the duplicated quest. I'm actually out of ideas now but to be at the mercy of the non existant foundry team.
    Seriously... I've been working on this quest on and off since 2015 when foundry was removed, then it came back but it was broken, then removed again, and now its back again. I just want to finish it so when I die irl I wouldn't be a ghost with unfinished business. LET MEEE GOOOO
    So I the real problem is not placing details (although it does crash you, even when your in edit 3d mode) It lets you edit a few before it crashes. The instant crashes are from placing an encounter and saving. I just tried placing an encounter in my other quest and saving, no crash. Can reconfirm that this is isolated entirely to my black wardens quest.
    k confirmed again, brought out my old laptop and installed neverwinter using my house's second wifi connection. still packet error, so its not a machine problem or internet problem, its a bug stemming from that 1 quest. im out of ideas on how to fix. I guess I could duplicate and start deleting maps until I figure out if one map is bugged or not.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I think you should probably contact customer support.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I have and they suggested I ask the foundry forums.
    Putting down NPCS, Teleporters, Encounters, Specials, Clusters, anything aside from detail ( 10 details = crash) So another approach and another idea..... I deleted 2 maps on a duplicated quest... and magically, I can place again and save without packet corruption.... so what I'm thinking is, I've hit a max or processing-ness of the quest? This is a really detailed quests with several 1700 detailed custom maps. Perhaps it couldn't hold anymore and crashes when I go over the unsaid number? Usually the foundry says if something is over budget though but so far this has worked. Deleting a map. There a few I could part with, just test maps. Instead, I'll delete some details and see if I can place anything after to confirm if it really is a overbudget crash.
    :O I deleted some things on the test map and placed some encounters and saved, no packet corruption crash. I think this is it. If this is the problem I'll need to split my quest into 2 parts.
    Glad I worked through this while documenting my every step so future people can google this post
    Yep, problem solved 100% TL:DR Foundry was over budgeted but doesn't tell you. I duplicated 2 versions of my quest. One quest has 10 objects deleted can place encounters/etc. One version of the quest where I did not delete anything and tried to place an encounter/etc resulting in crash. Confirming without a doubt that it was a quest wide over budget crash not relating to what map you are working on.

And with this, the post comes to a close :smiley:
    Now I have no idea how to split my quest into 2 parts
    rats, hoped packet corruption was solved during mod update, so i duplicated a map i needed. it worked for like 10 seconds. Then crashed.