test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Trade for Max rank enchantments

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
Personally, seeing all it takes to get these enchants to rank 14 and then trading them based off auction house prices when you spent the same amount on them and Auction house Fluctuating every hour. I Think a Trade System for Max rank enchants would be something to look at. Also with all the changes coming each mod and the needs to change builds, enchants, gear, this will save people alot of work. If you dont have it, you can farm or buy from AH, if you already have it, You can Trade for another enchant of the same Rank.
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

Comments

• Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    ???? trade channel
  • Options
    this is what i mean, you spend what 10 Umops and 3 ues and 1 coal ward to get ur trans lightning to unpar, now its been nerfed for most class, u have to change to a different enchant, but Oh, you want a dread or fey, its exactly the same rank but 2m higher and when you go to the trade channel, people will require something worth of 2m in addition to the unpar lightning b4 they even think of trading it, wait a few more days, its 3m difference. come back in a week, its almost same price, this is what i mean, the market, it fluctuates so trade gets abit weird. like u end up losing out alot and this is every mod. and imagine u had a Do and with the changes u are planning to switch all ur enchants to go Ac, its a pain to trade all this enchants, cos you see the AH, the price is 1.5m, come back in few hours, now 1.3m, and u get people asking u to cover the rest, im sure you know what i mean
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Get to know how to use price fluctuation and i'm sure you'll be glad not to have that fixed market you're asking
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Supply and demand dictict the value. A garbage rank 14 enchantment does not equal to the best performance rank 14 enchantment. It is NOT about the cost. It is about the value and the cost is not the value which is subjective.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    with garbage what do you actually mean? you know right now they way the changes come, e.g. lightning is pretty much useless for all cws come mod13, a month ago lightning was way more expensive than any enchant, now take a look at the difference between a lightning, dread and feytouched in the AH, yes the other 2 are at least 1m more expensive, why? its not cos lightning is "garbage" as u stated but because the changes they made is what suddenly makes it "garbage" for almost all classes but gwf, so No, its not the players who dedicated their time farming tongs to get 3 ues to get it up, and now they have to spend more money to be able to "trade" it for another enchant, when a month ago it was likely the best enchant ingame. There's no "garbage" enchant, each mod forces u to adapt and use something different, its not too much to call for them to give u a mean to get adapted to those changes with what u already have. I dont see how this will affect demand at all, you need to get it to max rank to trade, so if u dont have it, u buy it off the AH, if u already have it, instead of spending hours and hours trying to trade, you can simply use the system to trade it. This is nothing difficult to do, its only gnna help the players
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    lardeson said:

with garbage what do you actually mean? you know right now they way the changes come, e.g. lightning is pretty much useless for all cws come mod13, a month ago lightning was way more expensive than any enchant, now take a look at the difference between a lightning, dread and feytouched in the AH, yes the other 2 are at least 1m more expensive, why? its not cos lightning is "garbage" as u stated but because the changes they made is what suddenly makes it "garbage" for almost all classes but gwf, so No, its not the players who dedicated their time farming tongs to get 3 ues to get it up, and now they have to spend more money to be able to "trade" it for another enchant, when a month ago it was likely the best enchant ingame. There's no "garbage" enchant, each mod forces u to adapt and use something different, its not too much to call for them to give u a mean to get adapted to those changes with what u already have. I dont see how this will affect demand at all, you need to get it to max rank to trade, so if u dont have it, u buy it off the AH, if u already have it, instead of spending hours and hours trying to trade, you can simply use the system to trade it. This is nothing difficult to do, its only gnna help the players

There is no lightning rank 14 and you were talking about rank 14 enchantment in your very first post. Hence, I automatically interpreted that as "regular" enchantment. Will you trade a rank 14 silvery enchantment to a rank 14 Brutal enchantment? Are they the same value?

So, say, you were talking about rank 13 weapon/armour enchantment, will you trade a rank 13 lightning to a rank 13 flaming? If you do, would you trade a rank 13 lightning to a rank 13 thunderhead?

When the game makes an enchantment more popular or less popular, of course, that affects demand and the AH price reflects that.

Using your system, I would go to the AH to buy the cheapest rank 13 weapon/armour enchantment (or the cheapest rank 12 to rank up to rank 13 if I have the UES) to trade with the "best" rank 13 weapon/armour enchantment and then sell that to AH.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Make all max enchants fungible? I'm sure there will be no unintended consequences.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    You just have to eat the loss. Just about everything gets nerfed balanced at some point. If you like it, and everyone is using it, it will get "fixed" at some point. You can apply that to enchants, artifacts, weapon sets, class powers, etc. And what's broke today might be fixed tomorrow. So just hold on to your enchant and make a different one. Or trade it for a loss. That's really all you can do.

The trade-in system you're wanting would only work in a completely balanced and fair game or, like others stated, people would take advantage of the system all day.
  • Options
    It was a suggestion and @plastibat did you read the title? it says max rank, which includes all enchants, being it unpar, the rank 14 were examples. cheers. and i still think it would benefit players, not everyone has the time to be ingame for hours farming or trying to trade, and i cant see how players will exploit it? and u are right ecrana, i doubt it will happen since there's no balance anywhere. Silvery used to be Good enchant at some point, only reason it lost its value is due to all the changes. You cant consider an enchantment to me "garbage" when it once had a use. the game forces u to adapt so its fair to provide a more friendly way to adapt to it, not everyone can afford the loss thou.
  • Options
    @plastibat the bonding nerf was an attempt to balance the runestones in general, taking on from that, i would assume their intention is not to have a "BiS" enchant, and thats one of the reasons they nerfed dread, and now lightning, ofc flaming is still good for certain classes, it would make no sense to trade an armor enchantment for a weapon enchantment thou, that would be stupid. like ecrana stated if their aim is to balance the game and get rid of "BIS" this is something to think about, cos i very much doubt they want u to have fey perform better than dread, lightning or any other enchants, the only issue is the game is broken, no balance, thats why u can have "BIS", in a more balanced game, all those enchants should have more or less same value, not a drastic increase or decrease in price like we have here. i play other games im not gnna mention and i know how it works.