test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add Refinement Exchange for PvP players

slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
For people like myself who pvp ONLY we essentially get shafted with this new refinement system. One free ruby a week (siege quest). Other than that the pittance from leadership. For pvp only, or pvp mostly players we have to spend immense AD to compensate for our lack of being able to attain refinement. Can you add a special vendor where we can exchange Glory for refinement? At this point id take 1000 glory for 500 RP as an exchange. That gives us the capability to attain 25k RP just playing pvp (if we max out glory at 50k). That would be a great start. Im not sure how difficult this would be but it would allow for us pvp players to have the same chances at free refine as pve players while simultaneously giving pve players another way they can get refine. That in turn, will increase pvp activity.

Another way you guys can do something about this is with the leaderboards. Theres NO reason to care about the leaderboard except for ego stroking. You guys could make the leaderboard reset monthly and depending on your rank at the end you get a massive amount of stuff. Like 100k refinement, 100k Raw AD, Glory, 3-5 keys, or special pve gear that can only be attained in pvp so that pvp people have stuff they can also sell. As it stands, if you pvp (only/mostly) you have no choice but to be a wallet warrior. While that might seem like a good thing for your bottom line, it will push people away.

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    People have been asking for better rewards in PvP for years, I really dont think they care much about PvP at all or the people who play it. Hence still 2 maps for Dom after all this time.

I have only PvP'd for the last 4 or 5 days and have earnt pretty much nothing apart from some Glory really.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

People have been asking for better rewards in PvP for years, I really dont think they care much about PvP at all or the people who play it. Hence still 2 maps for Dom after all this time.

I have only PvP'd for the last 4 or 5 days and have earnt pretty much nothing apart from some Glory really.

Yeah ive noticed that big time lol. Would adding a glory/refine exchange system really be that bad? I think thats truly fair for the pvp players. It also helps out pve players as well. I only see positives from adding an exchange.
    To make it even worse, you get an item of equipment at the end of a PvP game. If its Green you can convert it into a whopping 50 RP. But if the item is Blue you get nothing, you cannot salvage it or turn it into RP. All you can do is sell it for like 2 copper :(
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    macjae said:

wdj40 said:

To make it even worse, you get an item of equipment at the end of a PvP game. If its Green you can convert it into a whopping 50 RP. But if the item is Blue you get nothing, you cannot salvage it or turn it into RP. All you can do is sell it for like 2 copper :(

Uh, blue items turn into 150 RP now.
    Uh PvP ones do not... try it and see :p
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Great suggestion. And since you really have to participate in a match to earn sufficient glory the prevention of campfire- sitting is already inherent to the system
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    You can buy epic burning gear head piece for 3150 glory. If you salvage it, you will get 4400 ad. Now lets say you have 32k glory a day.. you can salvage for 36k ad and 8k raw ad a day.
    Buy runestone rank 8 for 7k ad which gives 2500 RP.
    If you buy 5 rank 8 runestones, you will have 12.5k RP a day.

What i don't understand is why the devs haven't realized that ruby in zen market is way overpriced ( not worth buying )
    1 ruby = 800 zen = 280k ad (or something) and gives 5000 RP.
    1 rank 8 runestone = 7k (or something) and gives 2500 RP.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just use wanderers fortune .. kill players for rp.. I do it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!