test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Quests

mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

Omu Quests

Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:
  • Contacts
  • Guided Quests
  • Rewards from Quests
  • Repeatable Adventure Quests
  • Found Quests
Module 13: Lost City of Omu Has several new story arc quests for you to explore. Any feedback on finding, navigating, completing, rewards and overall difficulty/ feel are greatly appreciated!

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback, see you in Chult!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: Went to fight the Tyrant- it was a mimic! could not complete quest!

Feedback: Hidden passages that helped me with my quest were cool- please add more!

Go ahead, click on the chest...

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Researching Omu

This quest is incredibly annoying!
    If you don't talk to Volo you cannot unlock the Omu hunts, if you talk to him after completing a bunch of Rare kills it doesn't auto-complete the quest forcing you to go back and do the whole thing again.

Simply killing the hunt marks was not enough, you have to get their trophy, which may make this even more annoying. (I ended up mailing the 3 trophies I had to myself, getting them back from mail and completing the quest that way.)

Purge the Unclean
    When placing Banners, if you are standing in the banner space you can become stuck in it.
    This quest only completes for each site when the banner clears, which is either a bug or is unintuitive.

If someone else's banner is being used to purify a site you cannot do that site. This limits people's ability to interact with this quest a lot.

Lost Translation
    There are a bazillion little clickable things in the zone, finding 6 more small items by random exploration alone is a huge pain.
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • expaxiexpaxi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    A few of us have been attempting to do the Wrath of Acecerak heroic encounter. Many are coming and leaving because of the speed in which the two grave masters teleport around, making this HE as it stand an unlikely one that will get much participants if it stays as it is.

Please put an internal cooldown on how quickly the two gravemasters teleport in the Wrath of Acecerak heroic encounter
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Well, I got a question that's related to the campaign rather than the quest. Specifically, the boons. Do we get 3 more points to pick from the same pool of boons, or do we get to pick power boon if we already took it? Because I don't think that anyone actually wants anything other than the one they already took, if they took 3x power or 3x defense.
  • yakusho#5383 yakusho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Even though I reached Weekly Haul 100/100, I only got 93 Lost Idols.
    Same with Ancient runic keys. FBI and MSP.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User

+ I was stuck at 91

• silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2018

+ stuck at 83.

Tyrant runs away repeatedly, does not aggro - tested while soloing, cannot confirm with groups since he dies quickly.

I made a video soloing the tyrant. I should not have been able to do this... lol.

Omu as a whole feels way easier than it should. Tyrant was advertised to be "2x harder and deadlier than kos" yet I was able to solo it with no trouble. Enemies die almost instantly. It feels almost as if there's something wrong with the enemies' damage resistance.
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The Lost Idol problem could come from the ones you drop on mobs thanks to the benediction of the shrines. It appears to increase my counter in the campaign but my total in riches currency doesn't increase.
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    agilesto said:

The Lost Idol problem could come from the ones you drop on mobs thanks to the benediction of the shrines. It appears to increase my counter in the campaign but my total in riches currency doesn't increase.

I thought the same, but when I tested I did get them, so I'm not sure. Maybe it only happens sometimes?
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    BUG: Typo in Purge the Unclean quest

The text reads, in part, "sense its presence and seek stop it." It should read "seek to stop it." The audio is correct.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    BUG: typo in Red Wizards in Chult lore entry

It should read, "...using it as a base."
    Tyrant was made easy on preview so any group can do it - for easier testing. Same was with KoS.
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    not that anyone may have noticed but prince ekene-afa looks more like a woman to me so possibly typo for princess? And as far as the idols are concerned i got over the limit by doing all the weekly quests both the x6 and other so i am 1 short for unlocking Omu: trickster gods. I was also able to obtain more too via the treasure map boxes.
    edited January 2018

While testing last night it occurred to me that it began to feel like Drowned Shore when Mod 6 was first launched: do quests A and B, then return for quests C and D, rinse and repeat. It began to feel repetitive in short order. I'd recommend giving each NPC an additional quest and put it perhaps on an hourly rotation. Even that will feel repetitive, but I think far less so.

There's no separate thread for the zone itself, so I guess I'll just post my thoughts here. The undercity concept is awesome with a capital "A". There is a lot of potential there. It would be really neat if there were quests, either issued by an NPC or found while adventuring, that prodded you to explore further.

One thing about the new zone: it screams for lore, especially in the undercity. Certain areas have certain critters living or guarding there. There have to be reasons behind it. For that matter, not every lizardfolk, kobold, etc. is a homicidal maniac. Who is to say that one of them doesn't have a quest or three? For that matter, who is to say that they are all living there peacefully? I would expect rivalries or feuds to be more common, though uneasy alliances against other rivals are also possibilities. I'm thinking along the lines of B2: Keep on the Borderlands. There is enormous potential here.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Bug. If you have an level up during questing, i was able to get the reward countless time.
    talon1970 said:

Bug. If you have an level up during questing, i was able to get the reward countless time.

Nope, that's just overflow experience and you just get a ton of rewards. It's a bug that has been confirmed, but not the same as infinite exp.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Patrol: Tomb Exhume cannot be finished. Clear the dungeon does not complete.
    I've looked around all around the map.. Nobody left
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User

I took this quest and found no issues I cleared the quest as the list disappeared on what i needed to do and before leaving the area it said to retrun to Ekene-Afa. So I see no issue with this one.

I went and played the Youtube soundscape clip for the new zone a couple of times, trying to let the music and the visuals take me where they would. Here are my resulting thoughts about the zone.

Omu is a place abandoned by Ub-tao and is commonly described as cursed. The abandonment of one's deity is a cataclysmic event that might manifest itself physically (e.g. "fire and brimstone") but would always manifest spiritually. Of course, as described, clerics would lose their spells, but the effect of abandonment would land on every living thing in one way or another.

The haunting music, to me, spoke of restless spirits, spirits in eternal despair.

The zone, like all others, has no day-night cycle, but what if it did? Let's consider the following mechanic.

There are nine shrines, and I'm guessing that when they are all fully empowered, it triggers some sort of HE above-ground. However, perhaps they should serve a dual function. Perhaps, at nighttime, the countless restless spirits emerge and, in their despair, seek out and attack anything living. They might not even know what they are doing, but could be simply have been driven mad over the centuries.

Perhaps the shrines must be kept empowered to hold them at bay during the night. The more empowered a shrine, the less spirits that emerge in that area. It could be an additional incentive, perhaps a very powerful one, to get players to work together. In the interest of balance the threat could be throttled to match the total IL of all players in the instance.

Would players need to know what time it is? Looking at the sky should suffice in my opinion. That little bit of uncertainty as to when dusk will occur will heighten the tension and the feeling of adventurers in an unfamiliar and dangerous place. And, not being able to know it when underground will be an incentive for players to communicate with those on the surface. Conversely, players on the surface will want to know if anyone is underground and where, and whether they are in a position to empower particular shrines.
    edited January 2018

I took this quest and found no issues I cleared the quest as the list disappeared on what i needed to do and before leaving the area it said to retrun to Ekene-Afa. So I see no issue with this one.

I also had it finish once... but yesterday it did not work twice in a row... I stopped trying.. So it's not an always wrong issue
    Edit: actually three times. I went back in with the first character I tried it on but the issue persisted. Then I tried on a different character who had the same issue. After that I just gave up trying... It's a waste of time running around that patrol map 3 times searching whether you missed someone (which you didn't)

I tried rushing for the boxes and then killing the mobs, and I also tried first killing all the mobs and then getting the boxes. Didn't make a difference.

Edit2: I don't understand why there's no counter on that patrol map anyway - all other maps have a counter. With a counter I could see which mob group is bugging out (maybe theres a mob in the wall sometimes?)

Edit3: Tried tomb exhume today once more - in it right now - same issue -> not going to do this one again before I get a statement it's fixed :-/
    Post edited by rainer#8575 on
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    expaxi said:

A few of us have been attempting to do the Wrath of Acecerak heroic encounter. Many are coming and leaving because of the speed in which the two grave masters teleport around, making this HE as it stand an unlikely one that will get much participants if it stays as it is.

Please put an internal cooldown on how quickly the two gravemasters teleport in the Wrath of Acecerak heroic encounter

Thanks- We are currently looking into this.
    Cheers
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
    edited January 2018
    Treasure maps in Sohenstar seem to be broken! First time I picked the chest the map did not disappear.
    Second time I picked the chest it did not appear in my inventory (it showed twice that I got a chest, but I didn't). Might be because it's the same chest as Omu (both Chultan Chest) but not really?!

Note: I have chultan chests from Omu in my inventory. This might be required for this bug to show.
    Note2: Now that I think of it, this might also bug the other way around.

False alarm, apparently they were hidden in my inventory mess on preview. I took it twice because there was another map (from live still) in my personal bank... Why though do these chest look EXACTLY the same except they are not? It's a bit confusing to be honest.

It would be nice if we could distinguish between the 2 treasure chests
    Post edited by rainer#8575 on
    Not 100% sure this is a bug so I won't make this red --- I have received 49 maps from patrols and only 12 different map images. I hear from people that there should be 15 different ones (game files say so and I also found additional dig sites). Is 12 as intended or all not all maps obtainable? In 49 patrols the chance of not getting 3 out of 15 maps is REALLY small
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Please update "Storming the Castle" stronghold siege quest to reward Lost Idols like it does forgotten totems. Plz & Thank you
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Omu Patrols were giving me mod 12 totems

Purging Undead, as reported above, it is possible to get stuck in banner. Mobs on the other side can't be attacked but don't see player.

Ekena Afa refers to the player as their class in text rather than by their name.

While Omu Gate gives access to the Chult regional map, Soshenstar gate has not been changed. It is possible to travel from Nayanzaur to Omu or Soshenstar and from Omu to Nayanzaru or Soshestar but not from Soshenstar to Omu

Primordial Weaponry patrol has more bushes that block LOS and prevent mobs from being attacked but no aggroing or attacking.

Also in Primordial Weaponry, my Fire Archon frequently was unable to find a path through the choked hallways, becoming stuck frequently.

Throughout numerous patrols and on the Omu map, my companion repeatedly went off to engage distant enemies. If anything is this worse than on mod 12 maps.

The Tabaxi quest giver (forgot to note her name) has no audio.

Ekena Afa needs some introduction. She has no title under her name and I had to guess that she is another merchant prince?

Two Patrol maps, Airship and Palatial Pillaging are mostly wilderness maps but mounts are disabled. This seems counter intuitive and not just a bit annoying.

"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

agilesto said:

I thought the same, but when I tested I did get them, so I'm not sure. Maybe it only happens sometimes?
    After looking at a few things, my main guess currently is that the increase is happening the moment a mob drops the currency. If the player doesn't get that currency for any reason then their total and the counter won't match. Thanks for the heads up everyone.