What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Lost City of Omu Rewards

12346»

Comments

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

So it seems to be even worse than I expected. Not only do melee classes get better gear, but the ranged gear doesn't even work properly. Testing using the Eyestalk Wrappers (+3% ranged damage) and the Fured Kiuno of the Bear these control wizard powers are:

Disintegrate -- ranged
    Ice Knife -- ranged
    Ray of Enfeeblement -- ranged
    Storm Pillar -- ranged
    Conduit of Ice -- neither ranged or melee
    Icy Terrain -- neither ranged or melee
    Oppressive Force -- neither ranged or melee
    Shard of Endless Avalanche -- neither ranged or melee
    Steal Time -- neither ranged or melee
    Sudden Storm -- neither ranged or melee

At the very least, powers that aren't ranged should probably be considered melee and vice versa.

This is a leftover from the edition of the pen and paper game that Neverwinter is based on - in D&D4, attacks are either Melee, Ranged, Close, or Area. Melee and ranged attacks hit single targets, Close attacks either hit a cone/line in front of you (eg. Sudden Storm) or all squares around you (eg. Steal Time, Icy Terrain), and Area attacks you drop on a location at a distance (eg Conduit Of Ice, Furious Immolation).

But there's no gear in Omu to boost Close/Area attacks, only Ranged/Melee.

• Options
    designedbyrng#4319 designedbyrng Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    @lowjohn
    Are you sure? I thought conduit of ice in 4e was both ranged and a zone.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Are the Shadowstalker rings supposed to stack? Because apparently, right now - they don't.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

@lowjohn

There are only 4 attack types in D&D4. There might be a Ranged attack that CREATES a Zone around the target, but that doesn't make it an Area. And Conduit of Ice in Neverwinter has pretty clearly always been modeled as "Area Burst 1, centered on target enemy, Int vs Whatever"
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

So it seems to be even worse than I expected. Not only do melee classes get better gear, but the ranged gear doesn't even work properly. Testing using the Eyestalk Wrappers (+3% ranged damage) and the Fured Kiuno of the Bear these control wizard powers are:

Disintegrate -- ranged
    Ice Knife -- ranged
    Ray of Enfeeblement -- ranged
    Storm Pillar -- ranged
    Conduit of Ice -- neither ranged or melee
    Icy Terrain -- neither ranged or melee
    Oppressive Force -- neither ranged or melee
    Shard of Endless Avalanche -- neither ranged or melee
    Steal Time -- neither ranged or melee
    Sudden Storm -- neither ranged or melee

At the very least, powers that aren't ranged should probably be considered melee and vice versa.

This is a leftover from the edition of the pen and paper game that Neverwinter is based on - in D&D4, attacks are either Melee, Ranged, Close, or Area. Melee and ranged attacks hit single targets, Close attacks either hit a cone/line in front of you (eg. Sudden Storm) or all squares around you (eg. Steal Time, Icy Terrain), and Area attacks you drop on a location at a distance (eg Conduit Of Ice, Furious Immolation).

But there's no gear in Omu to boost Close/Area attacks, only Ranged/Melee.

That's why I am upset.
    Caster classes that deal damage from close distance are AGAIN not considered.
    I really wonder if the fured kiuno even procs on a SW.....
  • Options
    sound1974sound1974 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Remove, please, from the background music location alarm clock squeak. This is terribly annoying.

Can you be more specific? Describe what you are talking about. Thanks.

• Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

@ctatumdev
    Hello, I believe that the lockbox and it's contents are considered one of the rewards of the upcoming module and I'd like to complaint about the insignia that will drop from this mount pack.

The insignias dropping have been the same for the last 3 lockboxes, whereas the purple edition of regal insignia of dominance or the illuminated insignia of dominance have not been seen for quite a while. We've become bored of always getting the crescent insignia of courage. Please change it.

I second this. There are a lot of power builds out there and I've been patiently waiting for a few modules for the insignia pack to change but every time it's the same old. The sky-rocket prices of the old insignia should be reason enough to consider this. Thank you.

If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2018

@lowjohn

At the very least these types of things should be far more distinguishable in the description and with a clear explanation.

It still remains to be one of the worst properties in the Neverwinter and makes it appear as if it's logical, but then proves not to be. Descriptions...Ugh...

lowjohn is correct, though, but I'm with you on the illogicality between what's written and what's shown.

Also I don't think CW has any melee spell...
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    Yup. Every single damn one is a defensive insignia, while I need offensive ones. Defensive insignias are like sub 500k for most expensive, while crescent skill can be over 1 mil.
  • Options
    lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    As someone stated in other posts there are issues with new weapon sets
    Tyrant set procs much faster then 15 seconds and doesn't expire after 10 seconds after end of fight
    Primal set procs even if you miss 1 hp and got healed for that, it even proc if you are full hp becoming basically always active
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Suggestion:

Make masterwork weapons damage bonus 3% up from current 2%. Also add a clause that if you're the only one with the bonus, you get 5% instead of 3.
    This is one of the most expensive weapons to get so it should be more of an improvement over the old set. Other 3 weapon sets can be easily kept at 10% constantly. This set comes with the disadvantage of needing multiple people to obtain it, yet this disadvantage doesn't provide an advantage as a tradeoff.
    Alternative is to put a 30 second ICD on other weapons effects, so the set bonuses have downtimes.
  • Options

Suggestion:

Make masterwork weapons damage bonus 3% up from current 2%. Also add a clause that if you're the only one with the bonus, you get 5% instead of 3.
    This is one of the most expensive weapons to get so it should be more of an improvement over the old set. Other 3 weapon sets can be easily kept at 10% constantly. This set comes with the disadvantage of needing multiple people to obtain it, yet this disadvantage doesn't provide an advantage as a tradeoff.
    Alternative is to put a 30 second ICD on other weapons effects, so the set bonuses have downtimes.

I agree with the 1st suggestion. The ICD on other sets is just not very good - it's a repeat of the current sets.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hi.

Will I be able to buy new weapons with seals of the brave for my alt? Or they are character bound?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I've been thinking about the Pilgrim Weapon set for a while now and I've finally got a mental handle on the problems I have with them.

Money: the Pilgrim Set is a set that is simply gained by spending real coin, yes it can be gained through in game labour but the main means of gaining them is by real cash investment. Yes they come with other things, but still we are talking real cash being expended.

Given that real cash is involved the set is particularly bad (it wouldn't be a viable option for a free set either given the other choices).

There are 3 things I can see that can be done to make the set more viable;

Set the minimum bonus at 5%. So the set provides at least a 5% bonus vs mobs (this way its not gimped by a mob of 2 monsters).
    Set the maximum bonus at 15%. This way if there are more than 10 monsters the set offers more bonus, given the most common bonus will be 5-7%.
    Change the solo monster bonus to a 10% Bonus for boss fights. If there is a boss on the screen it should be offering a 10% bonus.

These changes would make the set competitive with the Primal set in some circumstances while still typically being the weaker set while also offering clear benefits over the more easily obtained for free sets.

I realise its a little late for this feedback, but still there it is.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    all rings +5 in omu have same drop rate ? i over 50 fights agnist kutlass and so far not drop yet spellflinger +5 i guess i must have around 500 hunts of kutlass