test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

game crashes every time I try to enter ToNG

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
after all this timem I've only just got around to trying to do ToNG.

however, everytime I try to enter, the game crashes. I've tried updating my graphics card drivers, as well as changing things in the display and graphics settings within the game, but nothing seems to fix it.

specs:

W10 64bit professional.
GTX 980ti + latest drivers & software (also tried previous drivers & software)
intel i7 970.

any help fixing this would be appreciated.
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone

Comments

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Just a couple steps I would take myself, they might or might not help.

Restart the game in Safe Mode, try enttering TONG. Don't touch the settings if you crash.

Try running the game without the Arc/Steam Client, this doesn't affect performance for me one little bit but some folks will swear by it. You won't need to keep starting in Safe Mode, your settings will be saved from last time you set it.

Check your background running processes/programs, see if you can trim them down. Be very careful trimming the former.

Google your current GFX drivers/card see if anyone is having problems with any games they are playing since upgrading, if s, try installing an older version.

That's all Iknow sorry, wish I could be more help.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Tong is a bug filled dungeon... No pun intended.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User

Just a couple steps I would take myself, they might or might not help.

Restart the game in Safe Mode, try enttering TONG. Don't touch the settings if you crash.

Try running the game without the Arc/Steam Client, this doesn't affect performance for me one little bit but some folks will swear by it. You won't need to keep starting in Safe Mode, your settings will be saved from last time you set it.

Check your background running processes/programs, see if you can trim them down. Be very careful trimming the former.

Google your current GFX drivers/card see if anyone is having problems with any games they are playing since upgrading, if s, try installing an older version.

That's all Iknow sorry, wish I could be more help.

already tried those things before I made this thread. google didn't bring up anything constructive

Tong is a bug filled dungeon... No pun intended.

that may well be, but I wouldn't know because I can't even enter.

anyone else have any idea what the cause is?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I had that happen just recently in Cloak Tower. Error stated it was a corrupted PIGG file which are located here:

/Perfect World Entertainment/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/PIGG

Sadly when I checked the logs it would not identify which one in particular was causing the problem. Sadly however those are 95% of the core game files along with all texture and graphic files. While I ran Cloaktower only 2 or 3 days ago fine today (Jan 22) when I tried twice both times today it abruptly ended the game client and reported a corrupt PIGG.

I logged a support ticket asking how I should proceed since FORCE VERIFY hasn't worked in 2-3 months; but after I downloaded 20GB from Neverwinter Preview then copied their PIGG into the folder then I only required downloading another 5GB to bring 12B MOD up-to-date.

Sadly I wish they would hurry up and FIX : FORCE VERIFY otherwise your best to LOG ticket with SUPPORT link above.

Hopefully that will fix your problem.
    Post edited by strathkin on