test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

January 2018 Community Events

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2018 in News & Announcements
Greetings Adventurers!

With the new year, we will be aiming to provide an overview of community events and initiatives for the current month. The Neverwinter subreddit has a thread with events and other bits of info which is a great resource for the game overall. But what's happening in community?

With the release of M12b on console, we are looking at another extended maintenance day! (details on times coming soon). For this maintenance stream we are going to switch things up a bit for the usual format. Since PC will be available, I will be streaming gameplay of the community character Hipster Rogue Eirony Rouge. This will allow for a bit more flexibility in keeping up with maintenance updates, keep the conversation focus on the game, and still allow for the accasional Dev guest. This stream will occur on Tuesday, January 9 during maintenance.

As you may have seen on the Reddit thread, M13 is looking to go live on Preview this month! We want to take that opportunity, along with the release of M12b on Console, to do a State of the Game with Lead Designer Thomas @mimicking#6533 Foss. During this stream we will be doing a retrospective on 2017, a look at the current state of the game, and what's in store for the future. A date for this stream will be set once M13 is ready to go live on Preview.

Those are the current plans *for now*. In order to not over-promise and be able to deliver a better community experience, I'll be assessing how to best schedule all other types of community events (giveaways, art and writing contests, games, AMAs, Developer Spotlights, etc.).

Here's to a fantastic 2018 for the Neverwinter Community!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited January 2018

With the new year, we will be aiming to provide an overview of community events and intitiatives for the current month.

Could you elaborate on these intitiatives? :smirk:

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    M13 on preview... 1st or 2nd half of the month? Actually matters to me 'cause I'm going somewhere on 21st for a "few" days and I like planning everything.

Anyways, I can't wait.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

@nitocris83

I cant wait for the Pvp with the Devs event .....(puts in suggestion)

That would be interesting,
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • momof31978#2332 momof31978 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Will all the same features from PC be available on Xbox with 12b? Example: with bag management sort all bags, identify all.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I hope so, I am looking forward to identify all!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018

kalina311 said:

@nitocris83

This time i suggest they actually use their mounts to ride out and contest points instead of just walking there ...
    or play a 5 man invisible Tr team with Sod *shrugs* its gonna be a blast fun for the whole family : D

and a 1v1s Vs MiniMe streamed on youtube would be extra icing on the cake
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • dundum2000dundum2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well... Talking about the M13... Anyone know anything about New classes? If that existe...
    edited January 2018
    @nitocris83

when are we having the pvp with the devs event which the lead dev @mimicking already agreed to / liked ??

I might also suggest that we the pvp players create the build and gear / specs loadout the devs characters will be using
    and the pve people can suggest what outfits they should wear : D
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

kalina311 said:

@nitocris83

i think that would be funny and humiliating....at least for one of the sides...;)
    edited January 2018
    @nitocris83 thanks so much for working with the community and announcing the PVP event now if you could only Bug
    @mimicking#6533 to slip in a secret new permanent pvp map that we know guys are holding out on and alluded to :D pretty please with a cherry on top (i hope you guys are not allergic to cherries)

what will be the stage for the pvp event ?

WE WANT THE NEW SECRET PVP MAP !!!!!! : D
    which will make it fairer cause nobody will be familiar with it yet : D

you do this and we will make you a new hero title for pvp
    and or also let us design a new pvp map in the foundry as a contest *puts in suggestion*

#NewPvPMaps and #MorePvPMaps
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Well... Talking about the M13... Anyone know anything about New classes? If that existe...

If you have time watch the Twitch video. In response to the question about new classes, they hinted "something" is coming later this year post-mod13, but they couldn't or wouldn't say what that was yet.