test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starlight Bags not giving proper rewards

aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
After opening 15 starlight bags (and 2 Starlight Parcels), I have noticed every single one of my bags has been 1x gift of simril (normal), 1x winter novelty (normal), and 1x "black pearl" - not on the tool tip. Since there was nothing received from the lower sections list of items, the assumption is that these are replacing the rank 5/6 enchantments, but not on the tool tip.

Question is this purely RNG getting nothing but black pearls or a bug? because I was not the only person in the group to notice this.

Also, if this is just RNG and not a bug, is there any plan to update the tool tip since the most common item coming out of the bags this year is something not listed in the tool tip?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ok so we have done more testing...about 1k bags worth, and found that it has changed slightly. Just looks like really bad RNG, after my alliance members opening about 1k bags, we have seen stuff other than black pearls.

However, the tool tip still remains wrong, no enchants dropping. Therefore, black pearls must be their replacement. Please update.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This is correct, Black Pearls are dropping in place of the enchants, but someone forgot to update the tooltip.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    After reviewing this change, I remember in the past getting mostly rank 6's out of these bags. They refine for 400 under the new system. More inline with an emerald (250) or flawless sapphire (500). Yet, the black pearls are only 100 refinement points. Not sure if this was intended to be a nerf on the bags or not... I guess these 2 gems may be possible, but with the tool tip not showing correctly, and no one that i know of reporting getting either, were they forgotten when the change was made?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It's possible. I will forward this thread to Julia to have the dev team review on Monday.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I'm getting a lot of flawless sapphires but I don't have great sample size (3 x 9 chars = 27 bags)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

I'm getting a lot of flawless sapphires but I don't have great sample size (3 x 9 chars = 27 bags)

You only opened 3 bags for one character. You won't see anything good until after you opened 20 (for a character).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User

You only opened 3 bags for one character. You won't see anything good until after you opened 20 (for a character).
    Myself and many other players were under the understanding due to the description of the box that after 5 items better things start dropping and they improve after 10 and 20. I'm still getting mostly junk such as a blue weapon or necklace when last year I remember mounts, companions, etc... I think they are bugged again this year.

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Myself and many other players were under the understanding due to the description of the box that after 5 items better things start dropping and they improve after 10 and 20. I'm still getting mostly junk such as a blue weapon or necklace when last year I remember mounts, companions, etc... I think they are bugged again this year.
    Better things CAN drop, but they're just added to the loot table. The low-level stuff isn't removed, and any given bag might give you stuff from the lowest table or the highest.

So far this year I've gotten more than a hundred Pres wards, almost 100 Scrolls Of Mass Life, a good dozen companions of various qualities, a couple of mounts, and a METRIC GERBILLOAD of blue gear, "amusing" winter novelties, horns and bells, and black pearls and flawless sapphires. I've opened probably around 200 bags and parcels across all my characters.
    Post edited by lowjohn on
This discussion has been closed.