test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to SW,things to know???

ximinett#0537 ximinett Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2017 in The Nine Hells
I selecter human race (for the extra feat points and for extra defense,and i will choose soul binder as paragon path,so i have few questions:

First,i need to put to Con and Cha for maximize damage????

Second,which stats???? Life steal??? Or critical???

And finally,how is the scourge warlock nowadays??? I heard that have been buffed a bit on the last patch,is that true???

That is all. Hopefully you can help me.
Post edited by ximinett#0537 on

Comments

• andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I think most players will agree that SW is one of the weakest classes today. Low DPS, low utility as support make him unwanted in end game content. Cryptic is preparing some changes for the class but they will not come to PC earlier than January 2018 and the majority believe that they are not enough. For more information check the discussion here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235687/official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes/p1
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Con for damage... get crit to 100% ri to 85% then dump into power. Lock is pitiful at the moment but they are looking to fix it as mentioned above. All in due time....

It truly is a fun class to play... hopefully it will be fun to have in a group once again...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    increase your life steal at 12k may be 10k base and with CON give also maximun HP and rise litle defense may be 4k base for increase your survive a SW can get "canyon cristal" without life steal and HP. forget canyon just cristal actually sw its just broken toy and very fragile but its fun if even only play solo content. Was once fun play in each party for all dungeons....
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Then i forget to play SW????

All classes eventually get buffed to the moon/nerfed to the ground, pick the one you enjoy playing the most and stick with it, it will inevitably get upgrades and downgrades at some point.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

All classes eventually get buffed to the moon/nerfed to the ground, pick the one you enjoy playing the most and stick with it, it will inevitably get upgrades and downgrades at some point.
    If you do PVP pick TR.
    If you want to PVE/dps go for GWF
    If you want to support run a DC.
    If you want to tank, take an OP.
    Those classes are on the moon for a pretty long time now for my taste :)
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    if you have hight tolerance to frustration and have some inteligence for manage this class and litle lucky may be you can do end content just say all nerfed been on sw make a very hard class to play or aceptable for find party for any roll can you want
  • ebriel127ebriel127 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    My main is a DC and I will say that the SW is more fun to play. Shadow slipping all over the place dropping AoE bursts is a blast.
    Yeah more a fun class , if you do not want to play actual content, agree.
    But pure pain in case you try to step in endcontent or find a group. There is hope for Templock in mod 13 though, but who knows.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

If you do PVP pick TR.
    If you want to PVE/dps go for GWF
    If you want to support run a DC.
    If you want to tank, take an OP.
    Those classes are on the moon for a pretty long time now for my taste :)
    You forgot GF as a 2nd DPS. :)
    Sure , but compared to an OP, a GF is a poor tank in terms of..everything.
    An OP can deal huge ammounts of dps, can go pure dps, get´s high ammounts of crit from one feat (force of will), has no need to waste points into defense, has autoaggro and can´t die.
    A GF, if build for tank has to invest into defense, LS/deflect, companions, if he wants to run t2.5-3 out of a premade maxed group.
    A dps GF needs near endgear to deal this "insane dps" and it´s pretty painfull and not that easy to do so, only very few are able to do so.

Maybe in mod 13 a templock will be from interest, solid buffs+debuffs.
    Whatever the buffs will not be godlike and his dps due to Dreadtheft, PoP, WB will be low compared to that GF... :(
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I main SW now, its better than a control wizard which cant even control things.​​