test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corsair custom PC give away?

roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Per the link on the launcher https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10718594

"Giveaway starts on November 10, 2017 and ends on November 25, 2017 at 12pm PT."

Yet on the official website: This promotion has ended. Thanks for your support!

What gives?

Comments

• gravitonwavegravitonwave Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    seen today at https://sdqk.me/Ab0MFQht-fJk0ZuCtl/neverwinter-pc-mount-giveaway#/enter contest for a Neverwinter custom Corsair computer and tribal soot lion mount giveaway (must earn 500 points, which takes about 5 minutes). only 4500 ish left.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

seen today at https://sdqk.me/Ab0MFQht-fJk0ZuCtl/neverwinter-pc-mount-giveaway#/enter contest for a Neverwinter custom Corsair computer and tribal soot lion mount giveaway (must earn 500 points, which takes about 5 minutes). only 4500 ish left.

I got the code and used it, nothing happened. No mount, no message in game....
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    None of buttons to verify I had followed/ subscribed to NW on the promo page for the Corsair Lion worked.. stuck at 100 points
    anybody else getting this?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • devilaltiredevilaltire Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I already got it--its easy..
  • devilaltiredevilaltire Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    CLICK & COMPLETE ACTIONS TO ENTER
    Enter to win - Neverwinter Custom PC!

Follow MSI on Twitter

Like MSI on Facebook

All easy steps
  • yeancientone#0510 yeancientone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Now expired. Don't think I got it ... my guild leader was kind enough to let me know about it, but the codes went like hotcakes and were gone before this "Forgot your password for everything?" addict was done ... Hail Satan, I guess ;)
  • anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    what the heck? The pc sweepstakes says it goes until the 25th and its over in less than a day? What incompetent set this up?

If its the keys that ended it, then if you are going to put it on the launcher and front page news then make sure they have enough keys! All of these years of metrics and they get the number of keys needed wrong by a factor of 15?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    While not worded well, the "giveway" is the PC and entries for that last the date range. The keys are limited (as always) and they can't really just keep giving them out for the entire duration.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Looking at the facebook messages on the giveaway site, it seems like a group of russians actively spread the news and got all the lion mounts.

I question the effectiveness of that kind of publicity. A handful of people got happy, how many more will be disappointed?
  • kaoriel1983kaoriel1983 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Simple: all available mounts have already been taken. There was only a limited amount available.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The limit was 9999. At 3pm EST Friday, there was 7000 left. So, they were all gone early Saturday (EST).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Of course, the description of the mount as PC only was not stated. A lot of console players entered that and got the useless (for them) code.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • acnolowgiaacnolowgia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Rather irritated at this. The news post on Arc specifically states EVERYONE who enters- PERIOD- gets the mount. Absolutely no mention of limited supplies. I triple-checked when I first saw it; and checked again just now. Very shoddy setup if you ask me. They really need to learn a couple things about customer service from the STO team- never had this kind of issue in that game. Yes, there were limited-supply giveaways, but that was always stated up-front in Arc's news post, instead of making you go to the "official giveaway site" to find out- too late- that there was a limitid number of codes.
    edited November 2017
    the pc giveaway is open again, and it still says you get the mount.
    \
    Where do you get the code? It says complete the entries and unlock the code on the rewards tab. There is no rewards tab.

Yea looks like the sweepstakes is still open now but no more codes, as there is no rewards tab to get it. what a bunch of BS, it says everyone who enters gets the code,m and I entered.

Cryptic/Arc are idiots if they only give such a small number of codes for a promotion they put on the launcher and their front page.
    Post edited by anguskart on
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

While not worded well, the "giveway" is the PC and entries for that last the date range. The keys are limited (as always) and they can't really just keep giving them out for the entire duration.

"In addition, everyone who enters will also receive a code for the Tribal Soot Lion in-game mount on PC!" doesn't seem that awkward to me.
    edited November 2017
    Its back open now, but no mounts, even though it still says "everyone who enters" will get one.

Total bait and switch, you don't find out until after you do all the follows and likes and subscribes that you get nothing,

I dont see how this "promotion" will engender any good will towards Neverwinter or Corsair with these kinds of deceptive practices.

It still says this on the entry page:
    Everyone who enters will also receieve an exclusive CORSAIR in-game mount! Simply complete the entries below to unlock the code on the 'Rewards' tab.

Of course, only after you have jumped through all the hoops do you find that there is no "rewards tab" or code to be had.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @roadki11uk said:
    > Per the link on the launcher https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10718594
    >
    > "Giveaway starts on November 10, 2017 and ends on November 25, 2017 at 12pm PT."
    >
    > Yet on the official website: This promotion has ended. Thanks for your support!
    >
    > What gives?

I already won the computer....
    That's all ♡
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, it looks like they ended the whole promotion as soon as the mounts were all given away... but the promo. is now open again, only without the mount as additional reward.
    :/
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • saereennesaereenne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    the lottery page is there, the lion's promise is there. I fulfilled all the conditions, but no promo code. The feeling of disappointment with you and the game is huge.
    From the news article right here on this website:
    "In addition, everyone who enters will also receive a code for the Tribal Soot Lion in-game mount on PC!"

"Everyone" does not mean "the first 9999".
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! I will reach out to our partners at PWE to find out more information as the promotion was organized on the Publishing side.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    While I was disappointed to have done everything they asked and then to find I would not be getting the mount, I do understand it is their promotion to run and they can do what they wish.

I do also believe it should have been better indicated the code would be PC only as I saw a lot of folks giving the codes away over on Reddit when they realized it did them no good.
    Lol so not only did they provide the promotion with a vastly too small number of codes, most of them were probably wasted because they went to console players.

I contacted support about the lack of a code, and they just passed the buck and told me to contact Corsair.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I saw it, thought "what the heck", and then saw that while they had spaces for "like on Facebook", those things didn't have a point value attached.

Since I don't have all of those other social media accounts I could not earn the required 500 points.

I considered maybe starting a Twitter account just to share/like/follow such things with all of my zero followers (at least until I get my reward and then un-like or stop following them again), but it didn't take too much longer for them to run out of Lions anyway.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2017

The limit was 9999. At 3pm EST Friday, there was 7000 left. So, they were all gone early Saturday (EST).

They were gone by 8pm EST Friday. Sheesh.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Hey guys, I checked the site again, and it looks like they refilled the keys.
    Only 10K, and there was about 9,668 left when I checked.
    Wanted to give a heads up for anyone who missed their chance.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    pskitten said:

Hey guys, I checked the site again, and it looks like they refilled the keys.
    Only 10K, and there was about 9,668 left when I checked.
    Wanted to give a heads up for anyone who missed their chance.

No help. It doesn't recognize the hoops I jumped through the first time... & I can't jump through the hoops again... because I already jumedr thru all the HAMSTER hoops!!! AAARRRGGGHH!!!!

• pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User

Yeah, I heard about that issue happening.
    I read people had to redo it with another browser/email.
    Which is stupid, you would think it would of saved the first time around. :/
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Looking at the facebook messages on the giveaway site, it seems like a group of russians actively spread the news and got all the lion mounts.

I question the effectiveness of that kind of publicity. A handful of people got happy, how many more will be disappointed?

Isn't this open to
    anguskart said:

the pc giveaway is open again, and it still says you get the mount.
    \
    Where do you get the code? It says complete the entries and unlock the code on the rewards tab. There is no rewards tab.

Yea looks like the sweepstakes is still open now but no more codes, as there is no rewards tab to get it. what a bunch of BS, it says everyone who enters gets the code,m and I entered.

Cryptic/Arc are idiots if they only give such a small number of codes for a promotion they put on the launcher and their front page.

Cryptic wasn't the one that set up only 10 k codes, it was CORSAIR that set up only 10 K codes.

This discussion has been closed.