test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another month of disappointment with Mythic Forgehammer

I've posted on this problem multiple times and have yet to get a single response from anyone at Cryptic. The Mythic Forgehammer does not work as claimed. For the month of October I recorded 177 attempts at Masterwork crafting tasks that SHOULD have a 75% chance of success. Well, once again it was far, far below that. Instead of the expected 133 successful results I got 115. Below 65% success rate. What's truly pathetic is that's an improvement over the past several months. Since I became suspicious of the forgehammer's claimed success rate I've been recording every attempt. My running total of success/attempts since then is 497 successful crafting results out of 808 total tries. A whopping 61.51% success rate.

@nitocris83 what do I have to do to get someone to address this? This isn't a simple streak of bad luck, this is a horribly broken tool that does not justify the millions of AD and effort I spent acquiring it and bringing it to Mythic level. Not only that, the millions of additional AD I've lost using this tool in attempts to craft masterwork items that failed. This has been especially painful with the 35% tasks that actually are running at 20%.

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    They will never address RNG issues. They usually laugh at the thought and will say our sample is too small even if it's thousands.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    because your results are slightly below average you are more likely to post the results and come to the forums

do you think player post when they are above the average and get stuff on thier first shot"lucky" when it should have taken mutiple attempts ... how many times in a row did you ever fail or succeed did you track that ...

also the devs monitor global "luck/ drop rates" to see if the server is dropping loot and attempts within the "accepted" norms and margin no doubt to track key luck as well

people have opened thosands of lock boxes even recorded on you tube to determine loot distribution and it has always been accurate within a certain margin of failure

why not test and check this on the preview server and rush attempts/ lockbox opens and see what your luck is and what it averages out too ..

also this has nothing to do with the forgehammer specifically either your luck would be even worse without it lol

question do you think the rng is ok and the hammer is specifically bugged and not adding to your success?
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Measuring the fraction of a percent chance of success for legendary drops over a thousand lock box opens is meaningless. You need tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of events. On the other hand, measuring the fluctuation at or near 75% with a thousand samples is very possible. This post isn't for me to teach math and statistics to the general forum audience. It's aimed at the developers who should know what these numbers mean.