test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

% chance for Ultimate Enchanting Stone to drop?

dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
Well, I just finished my 32nd ToNG since the mod went live. I have not and no one that was in my groups have gotten an Ultimate to drop. So that is 5 people x 32 runs x 2 chests at the end = 320 chances for it to drop and nothing so far..... kinda lame or I have the worst RNG ever.
"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"

Comments

• Options
    mathayis#3326 mathayis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    At the current drop chances they really are forcing people to buy them from the AH. At the current AH prices of 1-1.1 mil AD each you are looking at 81-89.1 mil AD for your 27 reg enchants + Pres/Coal wards+ Ultimate Potency..... It really makes alternate ways of getting AD look more appealing every day :( so sad they really turned it all into a money grab.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    i feel with u ... got my first drop after 47 runs :/
  • Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    update.... just finished run 48 and still not a single HAMSTER Ultimate drop.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    The drop rates/requirements for ultimate enchanting stones and rank 14s is essentially robbery locked behind zen keys and horrendous RNG. This MUST be fixed if Cryptic listens to it's player base at all. This is apology worthy and has to be addressed for the good of the game if the management here cares at all.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    The drop rate of the ultimate is said to be "5%".
  • Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

The drop rate of the ultimate is said to be "5%".

I don't believe that. I think it's closer to 1%. Did over 47 runs opening both chests and 0 drops.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Well, here is something I posted in a different thread yesterday:
    adinosii said:

I have been running ToNG primarily for the Seals of the Brave to buy gear for my main and alts. Looking at my purchases, I see I have gotten around 4600 seals in total from my runs. Now, some of my runs are incomplete (a bad group that gives up, or maybe I joined a group that was having problems at last boss), so it's hard to say exactly how many runs that involves, but I have opened around 90 chests, which is what really matters.

Assuming that other group members open either one or two chests in a similar ratio, that's around 450 chests opened.....and only 2 people ever reported getting a stone. Of course, someone may have gotten a stone without mentioning it, so let's assume 4-5 stones might actually have dropped.

THAT'S A DROP RATE OF AROUND 1%

Now, I would need around 100 stones just for my main to get to BIS (I currently have a mix of R12s and R13s).

I can make 8 keys per week, and let's say I do 20 ToNG runs per week - that's 28 chests per week - and with a 1% drop rate per chest, it would mean I need almost 7 years to get the stones I need, just for my main .... and I have alts of every single class.

To me that's not a "long-term" goal - that's an insultingly long, and utterly demotivating scenario.

And yea....three more ToNG runs last night ... and no stone for me or anyone else in the group.

Why am I bothering? I took a year-long break from the game after the Mod 6 fiasco ... is another break coming up?
    Hoping for improvements...