test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold 'Town Crier' Suggestion

I am a guild officer in Noble Misfits. Recently, some of the other officers and I where discussing an feature that we would love to have added. It started simply enough wishing that we had some type of message board, especially for new guild members. A place where we (the guild officers) could post things like general guild rules, gamming suggestions, guild events, etc.

During the chat session, I throughout the idea that this could be integrated as a 'town crier', maybe located right in front of the guild hall. I am sure 'Steward' would agree. B) Not to toot my own horn, but the other officers loved the idea. It blends right into the format.

The messages themselves could (should) be short, 500 characters maybe. As for what the 'crier' says, one idea is that the message title could be called out, or just a simple 'I have new messages' (the former is better though IMHO).

Feedback is welcome..
Guild: Noble Misfits
Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I was hoping to get a conversation going about this topic. Quite frankly, I still believe it would be a great addition to guild stronghold.

Feedback is still welcome...
  • Options
    zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I like this. If Silky supports it, it must be good. :smile:
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    zanaspus1 said:

I like this. If Silky supports it, it must be good. :smile:

Ofc she does! For that matter....it was her idea. :smiley:
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I think this is a great idea as well.
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    This is an excellent idea.

The guild info page has plenty of room for some of this information, but it's buried too deep for most people to check daily - especially new recruits. Having a simple message board (or town crier) in front of the fountain that members could find and check easily would be extremely helpful in getting information out - especially if it included an "alliance" section (for upcoming meetings and such).
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The idea is okay. It's a cute way to integrate the information more than anything.

Some of the information could just as easily be placed on the Guild information page. Not sure why people think that it's hard to find this information if you put it on the guild info. If anything, it's easier to find here (since it's available from any location in the game) than it would be to only have the information available to players when they happen to be on the SH map (as would be the case with a town crier).
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    We've got the guild "message of the day", but personally I think a Stronghold message board or town crier would be a great addition, especially if the crier can cycle through a half a dozen or so different messages that guild officers are able to program.

Yeah we have the "Events" section on guild page, but it would be much cooler to have the Stronghold crier shouting about "Dragon battle event scheduled for 1600 tomorrow", "Guild influence run later today" or "Stronghold coffers desperately needs fey rewards" when someone walks into the Stronghold court yard...

A big "thumbs up" for the idea of a stronghold crier (or at least a bulletin board).
    DD~