test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the worst/best powers in the game?

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
I did a survey earlier asking people to explain what issues there are with each class. I saw a lot of really bad bugs that I didn't even know about, but which one is actually the worst across all classes? Is it Geas? Is it Bear Trap? Also which power is the most overpowered? Into the Fray? Anointed Army?

Just for fun I want to hear everyone's opinion. Please limit this to at-will/daily/encounter powers, so don't include class features and dodge/block mechanics.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Tagged:

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Dualist Flurry, It's the best we have, but :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I really like IBS, because it is like the easy button. A bit overpowered, but I love it that way.

And I like Spinning Strike because it's fun.

I wish Mighty Leap did a lot more damage.

Those are my opinions.

Fun fact: IBS actually has a base damage of 2.7, while the paladin's Divine Judgement has a base damage of 10. It is actually the GWF buffing himself that causes it to deal such massive damage. Abilities like Hidden Daggers and Battlefury are hidden factors behind IBS damage.

I wish Mighty Leap did... anything. It's one of my favorite powers in the game.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Best at will is probably WMS especially when feated. My favorites are Brand of the Sun/Hellish Rebuke (Disheartening Strike is a bit too slow)

Worst at will is Reaping Strike. Most other choices are just less optimal, Reaping is plain bad

Encounter, best is tough. Divine Glow, Longstrider, Knight's Valor are great for what they do for the party. Distinegrate is good for personal damage. Arms of Hadar is just fun. SQUISH!

Worst, there are so many Every class has ones that are never worth using. A few suck not for the user but everyone else. Relentless Avenger, Steel Time on Mastery, Sunburst are ones I loathe being around. Personal pet peeves are 2 powers that used to be awesome, pre mod 5 sunburst was great and pre mod 4 Shard of the Endless Avalanche.

The best dailies buff or help the party (Anointed Army, Hallowed Ground, Shield of Faith) but otherwise buff the user (Whirlwind of Blades, Villain's Menace)

The worst falls into the same camp as encounters. Mostly ones that arent any good. Ice Storm is the only one that is mostly just rotten. (in most circumstances)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

split the sky .

I mean smoke bomb is reasonable.. but this is over the top.

not many use it.. and it isn't bad DOT .. not knocking the actual power but in a dungeon or at the wrong time.
    it even can obscure team and enemy health bars, let alone let you see wtf you are actually doing ;)

I would suggest some day getting visual effects down around to the same level of vision obscuring as the TR smoke in closed areas.

good thread.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    While I main a DC my favorite/least favorite powers are actually from my most played ALT CW. :)

Best power?

On my CW I love Disintegrate! The animation of visually disintegrating your target into a fine mist is classic and it makes me so happy.

Worst power?
    Ice storm :| I really dislike this power. This knock back is terrible.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    what would be nice, would be hide/unhide animation toggle on each slotted power you could right click in your tray.. a little like they have done recently with the shirt/pants in the char. sheet
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Unanimous Top Tier Powers:
    • Sun Burst: So you can survive if you've hired a bad tank
    • Soothing Light: Because band aid heals are too important
    • Geese: Because you gotta geese all the things.
    • Marauder's: Show your Courage by running away!
    • Absolution: So you can be lazy and not worry about things while people run into the red zones.
    • Roar: Not quite Unrelenting Force, but... eh... close enough....
    • Come and Get It: Look at me, I can swing my weapon around!!!!
    • Imprisonment: Control ALL the things!!!!
    • Iron Warrior: Awesome pose time!!!!!!
    • Knee Breaker on a halfling/dwarf: Kick to the nads/poking someone in the shins or toes causes a massive DoT. 10/10 power, regardless of damage.
    kreatyve said:

I really like IBS, because it is like the easy button. A bit overpowered, but I love it
    that way.

Quick, someone photoshop the Staples Easy Button, but replace the "easy" in the middle with IBS!!!

Fun fact: IBS actually has a base damage of 2.7, while the paladin's Divine Judgement has a base damage of 10. It is actually the GWF buffing himself that causes it to deal such massive damage. Abilities like Hidden Daggers and Battlefury are hidden factors behind IBS damage.

Don't forget GWF damage is also carried by their BFS/BFA/BFH which has the best weapon damage in the game ;3

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Don't forget GWF damage is also carried by their BFS/BFA/BFH which has the best weapon damage in the game ;3
    That counts as a self-buff right? I tried to pick the class with the closest weapon damage to them, but yeah if we multiply weapon damage by base damage of a power we end up with ~22,000 for paladin and ~7,300 for GWF, so I am fairly sure it is mostly related to self-buffs still.
    rjc9000 said:

Geese: Because you gotta geese all the things.

Geas (spelled G. E. A. S.) is one of the funniest powers after reading some of the older source material for it. Specifically in regards to its name:
    d20srd said:

Bards, sorcerers, and wizards usually refer to this spell as geas, while clerics call the same spell quest.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/geasQuest.htm

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    @rjc9000 I'm adding repel on mastery to your list.

Lets you push all the adds to the boss, so you can take out everything in one fell swoop. Efficiency!
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

Geas (spelled G. E. A. S.) is one of the funniest powers after reading some of the older source material for it. Specifically in regards to its name:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/geasQuest.htm

Yeah since I didn't play a cleric for a long time I had no idea what they were talking about, once I made one and looked at how it was spelled I was baffled. THIS ISN'T A GEAS!!!! I had a PnP character that was under a geas and it sucked... it certainly didn't make me stand in place, I had to wander all over hill and dale to complete the quest and if I didn't - I'd get sick and die!
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Imprisonment for CW. That encounter is worthless at any point in the game. Time to update it or make it viable. What it states sounds good but what it does is well rather nothing.