test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 12b potion stacking changes.

niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
I have heard that there will be changes to potion stacking coming with Mod 12b. If anyone knows what those changes are, could you point me to the right information?

Thanks,

Niadain

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    quote from the PvP feedback thread; actually, this affect PvE too ;(

Potion Changes
    We have also addressed a longstanding issue with players being able to obtain an excessive amount of buffs from consumables. This change was not made specifically with PvP in mind, however, as it affects PvP, I will be outlining the changes here. Full details will be available in the preview patch notes.

Almost all items that give 5+ minute buffs are grouped into one of 7 categories.
    Potion: Includes alchemy potions, and most misc. game potions. (Those that had "elixir" in their names have had it replaced with "potion".)
    Elixir: Includes the invocation potions, and a few other "super" potions that are hard/expensive to get but have big effects (e.g., Potion of Heroism, now renamed to Elixir of Heroism).
    Stronghold Food
    Event Food
    Invocation
    Reusable Item: Includes items like Tymora's Lucky Coin or Adorable Pocket Pet
    Non-food Event
    A player can have at most 1 active buff from each category.
    If a player has a buff from a category, and then uses something else in that category, the old buff goes away and is replaced by the new buff regardless of the buff’s strength.
    There are a few buffs that live outside of these rules due to their narrow focus:
    Potion of Dragon Slaying
    Scroll of Protection from Dragon Slaying
    Shard of Permafrost
    Everfrost Resist Potions
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    WTS a BOATLOAD of invocation potions :) With this nerf, can we please have something useful added to spend invocation coins on?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

can we please have something useful added to spend invocation coins on?

Added this request to report :)
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I already have way too many invocation blessings...it seems it's time to discard most of them.

This would be awesome.
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Added this request to report :)
    I believe it's something @rgutscheradev explicitly recognized as overdue in a recent livestream. The more often it ends up on the community report, the sooner it's likely to happen :smile:
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Im honored ;)
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    the fortunes from winter festival go in which category?

Also, for invocation blessings, I'd suggest to remake them to be either of our own choosing instead of a random blessing or to give us every buffs from a single blessing. The stats they give isn't high to begin with.

What's event food and what isn't event food?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    smulch said:

What's event food and what isn't event food?

Event food comes from the various events throughout the year [i.e. The Summer Festival had loads of food] and other Food can be bought from the Food Vendor at your Guild Stronghold :)

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    do invoke blessings (crowns) level with the player? i noticed on one of the buffs the invoke buff was +10 power or something. I was laughing at the stupidity of that. +10 power for a potion spot that i could fill up with something else..... If this doesn't grow with player level please fix it so it does. a +500 would be the max that i'd suggest on it.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Considering the removal of stacking different types of potions, elixirs, is it possible to change the categories so that all persist through death?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends