test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inventory feedback

kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
I do not like that the "Sort all bags" button sorts everything to the top of the inventory. Is there a way to change it to either a) sort to the bottom or b) let the player decide if they want it sorted to the top or the bottom (Possibly a better choice). I do like having the auto-sort, but having it sort to the top triggers me. I tend to keep my top bag as empty as possible so that I can easily look at new stuff I have gotten as soon as I open my bags instead of having to scroll all the way down.
My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
kuI2v8l.png

Comments

• archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I sort my bags the exact same way as Kreatiyve. I would like to see this function remain slightly how it is, give me one big grid of inventory, but with the ability to see empty bag slots. This would allow us to sort/organize our bags in a logical fashion without the annoyance of the individual bag titles.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I checked several stores and was not able to make the "sell all treasure" function work. They were valid shops at which to sell items.

I tried loading items into the UI to mass convert RP and was impressed. It was intuitive to remove items that I didn't want to convert (drag off the window). ID all and convert all equipment in a few clicks makes using green gear as RP really convenient. The system seems to view salvageable gear as not valid to use as RP, which I think is reasonable, even safeguarding. The function did not pull items from the bank at all, which is also a nice safeguard (unlike donating to SH coffer, for example).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Messed around with identifying and converting items a bit more.

Mass-identify prioritizes using bound scrolls over unbound, regardless of position within bags. Good!

Mass-converting items into RP will not interact with your personal bank, so you can put items there for safekeeping.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    Upon trying to identify lower ranked gear i noticed that the appropriate lvl identification scrolls are not working they are requiring the max lvl of identifcation scrolls ie a greater scroll of identification for identifying a lvl 25 piece of equipment. also the mass converting of gear is nice but only is using up green and not blues or purples. btw could a mass salvage button be an option too?
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I like the ability to merge all my bags into one big one, however there is a little problem with it that annoys me. Currently the one big bag only seems to show filled slots. Would it be possible for it to also display the unfilled bag slots so I have an idea of how many spaces I have left?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    kreatyve said:

I do not like that the "Sort all bags" button sorts everything to the top of the inventory. Is there a way to change it to either a) sort to the bottom or b) let the player decide if they want it sorted to the top or the bottom (Possibly a better choice). I do like having the auto-sort, but having it sort to the top triggers me. I tend to keep my top bag as empty as possible so that I can easily look at new stuff I have gotten as soon as I open my bags instead of having to scroll all the way down.

For me, I use my top bag for consumables that I frequently use and then the bottom bags are used for things I carry around, like enchant stacks, ID Scrolls, Quest Items, etc. I keep the bags in between empty for loot. With the new system, I will most likely change this and would definitely prefer a way to sort them all to the bottom and like Kreatyve, keep my the top empty for new loot.

I'd also like to be able to see the empty slots, or at least have a number indicator showing how many empty spaces I have left.

Every time I look at that picture I wonder why you've ditched out of the Sharandar intro. Couple of those things are quest items from a 5-minute instance.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

if you resize your inventory window you wont have to " scroll down"
    Not an option for me. I keep it 6 spaces wide on the right because my bank window and character windows take up the rest of the screen. I like to see both windows at the same time and not have to go back and forth or keep resizing them.