test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Find the mistakes

oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
edited August 2017 in The Library
So a friend sent this "guide" for me to read from MMOminds... Normally he doesn't send guides, so it got me curious...
He told me, he wanted to see if I'll see it... and I did.... ...do you?

I ll post some portions as I don't think the link would be appropriate but if anyone needs it feel free to PM.

So, I'm doing this in a form of a game: Lets see of all the MoFs here, who can find the errors.

He claims the build is his own (I doubt it) and that the friend is clueless (because the author of the "Guide" clearly isn't)

Here's the first hint: The powers he is using.

One of the feats he is using and the reason to do so... do you see it??? (5 points)

So.. at mobs we should do this: Spot the error here... (15 points)

And now the best part....
I present to you, the boss rotation... (100 points)

To freeze... or not to freeze... that is the question.

In a serious note, specially for our new players. Just because something has the label "Guide" doesn't mean its right. Thinking , doubting and talking will always be your best "guide", but also having your eyes (and your mind) open.

Hope you will find this amusing and cant wait for the troll as well as the serious answers.

Note:To make things clear I don't have a problem with "mistakes". God knows I've done more than I care to remember. But when a person is making a "guide" and makes other players perform in a way that it wont deliver what is promised, “with this guide you will be Blowing things up” we need to say something about it.

Voodoo
MoF Debuffer

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for sharing. I have always wondered WHY I was unable to FREEZE Bosses, just always thought they were immune...until now. This is awesome!

Now where did I put that respec token? ...
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    Don't give them ideas, please!!

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    MoF (Master of Freeze) build doesn't need what you're peddling Voodoo
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Re-reading the intro, maybe...just maybe, but highly unlikely, HE IS TROLLING his "clueless friend"? If not, I just gave him his excuse for this nightmare of a guide so that he can bow out gracefully.
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    niadan said:

Re-reading the intro, maybe...just maybe, but highly unlikely, HE IS TROLLING his "clueless friend"? If not, I just gave him his excuse for this nightmare of a guide so that he can bow out gracefully.

Go roll, 18 int, 18 cha, without race :P He is pro

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    We shouldn't laugh, it is a tragedy. This is what happens when people who shouldn't be making guides start making ones. Seriously, people should stop doing that without previously understanding the class they're playing and its mechanics and doing the research first and just leave it for those who know that stuff. It's an example of what I like to call a build/guide of mmominds/youtube quality. OP section there is as bad as this one (with people recommending Bulwark or full Light, not using AoC and AoW etc.), and the 95% OP builds there are trash.

There are so many things wrong there it's hard to start. Running SoD and powers that you can't apply Smoulder with, the boss freezing part is itself hilarious, but recommending maxing Arcane stacks with MM first instead of just using OF to quickly reach max stacks? I love the recommendation for Guild boons: "Defense: Defense(So you don’t get 1 shot)" lol.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    I don't know about you guys, but I always freeze the bosses. Makes things like drufi a lot easier XD
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I read that. I know I am still new to NW compared to many of you here but the best way for any player to really learn is by experience. I can see how he may feel that is a good build and his burning it up.

I do give him pros for at least making a guide, even though it is not good.