test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Q&A Stream - Question Thread

2»

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Is this game cross platform compatible?

No.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

Want is future mode under development....is the Greek/Egyptian mode.......Chinese/Japanese mode!?

There was an asian/ Chinese neverwinter server since CLOSED... the farmers must have been selling to themselves lol
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    eion311 said:

Are there any plans on getting rid of the ancient system of marks falling off targets once they hit the tank.

It's supposed to happen....that was made in the mod 10 rework.

• almightybizzoalmightybizzo Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    The CW class has been relegated to pretty much strictly support class in PVP when previously it could be built into an effective DPS class (while sacrificing defense and/or control). Now we're stuck being buff/debuff and control bots. Its no longer in any way fun to be a CW in PVP. Former support classes like GF and DC are now nearly invincible and do way more damage in PVP than a mage. We bore of dancing around on a point and "being annoying". At least let us do as much damage as a DPS Cleric in PVP!
    <3 Aja / Nepenthe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    zebular said:

I can give you 3 examples so far of 3 items that ruined PvP game mechanics: Drains, the legendary Ambush Ring , and the newly Ring of the Curse Bringer released with module 12. The use of them only creates a toxic environment between those that consider these items anti-fair play and those that would use anything to have an upperhand above others.

I'm willing to bet that this person has a swift golden lion. :D
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    zebular said:

I hope that you will never take in consideration bringing diminishing returns on stats like Pre-Module 6. I believe that was a faulty design. The Stats curves are perfect how they are now. If you ever consider that Power Creep is an issue, this can only be noticed in PvE with the companions that have bondings slotted, but not in PvP where companions should not be allowed or with those players that cannot afford bondings.
    Completely disagree, the idea of possibility of diversed builds is a fallacy, probably inside pvp there is some point to it, out of pvp there isn't. With diminishing returns, while at first it may seem to be a lower variety of builds may become a bigger variety because they will be tied to the feats that the player chose.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    When will the artifact symbol of air have proper cool down times a mythic rank?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Couple questions.

1) When did you guys(developers) last time performed server crash/stress test?
    I mean lot of other game companies do crash events to measure how game server and game engine handle loads.
    After all neverwinter online changed a lot. from 5 players party groups focused Dungeon runs to more open world content.
    And yet haven't been done any stress tests at all..
    So any plans to perform such testing in near future(I mean near not in mod 29)

2) Life steal effectivness will be reduced within pvp.
    Question, do u guys intended kill any attempts for templock even participate in pvp?
    Warlocks healing come from dealing dmg + triggering life steal.. OR we will had mod 6 v2.0, (warlock holocaust pvp wise).

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    As @torontodave mentioned, Foundry currently has the most unappealing rewards on the PC platform. Is there any way to implement some sort of useful reward, (stronghold influence, per quest rough AD, daily AD as in the past, seals, etc.) to direct players to seek Foundry content that could, in a small way, aid in character or even guild progression?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • maxthakillamaxthakilla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Will you fix the legendary companion bonus? it is very unstable at the moment

Will you fix the fact that companions keep disappearing thus makes us have to RE-summon them all the time ?
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    What is the design intention behind adding armor penetration to mobs in regards to the difficulty of stacking Damage Resistance for a DPS character? In other words, there is little to no point to stacking Damage Resistance on most DPS toons if you have to stack enough to overcome enemy RI before it really becomes useful, was this something that the developers considered for balance and if so what is the intended counter?

Seconding mickypoo on wanting to know the plans in regards to reintroducing diminishing returns/otherwise managing powercreep, this game is a little too easy to beat endgame wise as is, it's honestly been killing my desire to play (I actually like trying for 2-3 hours to beat a difficult encounter with teammates, weird I know).
  • coreyistoxic#2501 coreyistoxic Member Posts: 1 New User
    When will you buff the Scourge Warlock? He is absolutely the worst end game character right now. Please make the SW viable, some of us miss playing with the Scourge.
  • sherifftrumansherifftruman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I, along with everyone, would like to know about the upcoming changes to TR. Mostly, I'd like to know a timeline for a rework and any specifics available as to what plans you may have for what kind of changes to expect.
    Guild Officer of Greycloaks

Kaelyx - TR: Whisperknife
    Kae'lyxstra - OP: Protection
    Kae-lyxa - DC: Divine Oracle
    Kael Blazebeard - GWF: Iron Vanguard
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I'd like Robert to share information about what he does.

What's something he'd like to change but can't without rewriting the entire game engine?

What are some items players complain about a ton that would be game-breaking if you actually implemented their ideas?

What's the project he'd most like to tackle if he had the resources?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    1) can the devs acknowledge that they have read through the two TR rework threads that the community put so much time into working on?
    2) spell plague loot, it's so bad. Do they realize this? Any plans to make it worth running after the first few times just to prove you can do it?
    3) any plans on adding additional ways to get Stronghold vouchers/influence?
    4) could the healadin get a little love? Maybe make some of our encounters take a shorter time to complete? Make bond an aura? Any of the ideas in the thread the pallys worked to create?
    5) any plans to add anything to VIP beyond 12?
    6) option to turn off enchant visuals please
    7) can we get a bottle of orange dye?
    8) wardrobes to hold fashion plz
    9) refinement- can you make it all unbound plz?
    10) gear like rings- will they finally be made BtA?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    More questions sent to me from the Community:
    • Would there be a chance to improve the PVP domination maps, by providing Speed/Attack/Recharge buffs placed strategically on the Maps, in a similar way to the PVP Healing Potions Buff that we already have. Also adding Overtime of an extra 300 points ( 1000 points + 300 = 1300 points overtime) whenever a match is really close in score ex: 1000-950 the ExtraPoints would kick in?
    • Can we get an option for the PvP Private Queue: Whenever we Queue for PvP Domination, can we choose between these 2 maps aswell: Hotenow Domination or Rivenscar Ruins ?
    • If the tenacity as a stat is getting removed from the gear, what will it happen with the PvP Gear?
    • A lot of people asked for Cross-Platform. I understand that it's hard to do, perhaps the engine of the game can't handle it, but Cross-platform/Cross-server just for the PVP domination maps should still be possible. Of course, everything regarding trades/ah or economy will be disabled, but at least this change can increase the PvP population.
      • If Sony and Microsoft can't get to an agreement on crossplatform, what about doing a work-around where you have the PC as being the neutral side, by creating cross platform in PvP between PC <=> Sony and PC <=> Microsoft? Sure it's sad for Microsoft and Sony not being to cross-platform, but atleast its a work-around and it would be better than nothing. So, there would be a Queue where for each platform in which they select which platform they choose to queue against: For example, Xbox will have PC and Xbox, Sony will have PC and Sony, PC will have PC, Xbox and Sony? Also, could the Russian Server also connect to the Dragon server? I.E., The Queue for PC is both Drider and Dragon.
    • About the Stronghold Siege map: When can we get a redesign for it? I belive 20 v 20 with 3-lanes map is something impossible to play, perhaps redesign the map to a 6v6 with 2-lanes and shorter map?
    • About Gauntlegrym map: Can we get a Deathmatch or king of the Hill game mode, instead of node capping system?
    • In the past, I made few suggestions like changing the character select screen theme, and apparently it was listened to. At that time I suggested a change to the Race Bonuses, seems only a few are worth taking, while the rest are clearly terrible such as Dwarf race. When can we see a rework towards race bonuses?
    • Regarding Class Balance: There are 2 boons that have not been changed with module 6 rework. I am talking about Tier 4 Icewindale Boons: Cold Shoulder and Tier 5 Dread Ring: Endless Consumption. These 2 boons are overperforming and affecting Class Balancing. Could we get a rework to them since they are remnants of the pre-module 6?
    • Is it possible to bring back some of the old transmutes that got lost with the module 6 change, and have them brought into the Adventure Seal Store, PvP Vendor, etc. There are weapons such as Profound Greatsword of Destroyer or Fomorian weapons that can't be found ingame atm. Also, why isn't Neverwinter considering to change to a pay-to-look-good model with good looking transmute items? Also, is there any chance to see the adding of the Disable/Enable visual on the Armor, Bracers, and Boots as we can see with the Helm and Neck?
    • 4 years ago when the Great Weapon fighter class had the reveal trailer made, they used to have an encounter called Reaver. It seems it got replaced with Mighty Leap, which means that changing Reaping Strike atwill with a Parrying Atwill is possible. The Parrying Atwill could have the same Shield Mechanics like the old Guardian Fighter block that can be seen in the Guardian Fighter Reveal Trailer that was also made 4 years ago. Is this something on the table?
    • When Mount Stable was released, I asked for it to be Account Wide. I believe it would be a great QoL thing if you guys are making Account-Wide more prevalent. It is a shame to own an expensive legendary mount and not being able to use it on another character, any thoughts?
    (Questions edited for grammar, punctuation, and clarification.)
    Post edited by zebular on
  • raiigixraiigix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Dear Santa a.k.a. NW Devs,

I want to say thanks for making such a great game!

Regarding PvE.

As a Devoted Cleric Virtuous Paragon Healer, I rely on my Heal over Times to proc A LOT. I am very good at situational awareness, but at the expense of over-healing.

I'd love there to be a metric of some sort (like with dungeon leader boards) to see how much I've overhealed, damage I've mitigated with my Astral Shield or other abilities/procs, my biggest heal of that instance, etc...

To become more efficient, I have to be more aware, but given the specifics on the leaderboard (and that's it), I have no choice but to be spammy.

Also, is there a possibility to search for top 25 class players based on skill/Elo/match making? Obviously healers with higher item level doesn't necessarily mean they're better at said role.

Top clerics per class/Paragon would be sweet!!!

Please advise/help. Thanks, Devs!!!
  • raiigixraiigix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Also, another semi-important question as it relates to the Quality of the Game, and your Server Database Infrastructure.

Why can't we just blow away all "Bound to Character" Items? Just leave "Bound to Account", "Bind on Equip", or just not bound at all.

Perfect Example: During this past 2x Refinement weekend, I had almost 3 or every refinement stone and runestone, because they were bound to account, character, or not bound at all. Unfortunately, these bound to character items consumed much needed space, especially for us who cannot afford to purchase Legendary bags with Zen/Grind out Astral Diamonds for weeks to afford just one...

This in turn, will free up resources not only in our characters bag slots, but less stress to the Neverwinter Back-end infrastructure, that stores all of said information.

Let's be real, there is no legitimate need for a Bound to Character slot.

Please advise. Much love guys.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    We're going to allow 30 more minutes (7pm Pacific) until this thread is closed for questions to be compiled. Get your questions in!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My last question - Robert - what do you feel is the best change you have ever made to the game, and why?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Closed, thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.