test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

iLevel Display Idea

hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Now that we've had time to get used to the new iLevel system, I have a suggestion to help queue leaders sort out groups better.

As an example of how it can be confusing, I have an iLevel around 11k. About half of that score is actual equipment, and the other half is boons, mounts, and companions. Someone else with an 11k iLevel may have much better gear, but no boons (or some other combination). From my nekkid fun-runs I've found equipment to contribute to success far less than the others, but there's no way of knowing where someone else stands.

Can we get a Mouse-over breakdown on the queue list for Equipment, Boons, Companion, and Mount iLevels? Knowing if your DPS, for example, is missing all their boons (but has "uber" companions) will help figure out whether you need another or not; before trying to bite off more than you can chew.

Even if it were added as an "inspect only" option in the Stats list, it'd still be useful.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    No thanks. we have too much elitism and kick the noob issues as it is..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I can see your point... I hadn't thought of that part because I haven't experienced the elitism in PvE.

It's not about kicking the newbs though... It's about knowing which other four in the raid to put him with to keep him alive. It's about having the ability to split large raids into equally performing groups. It's about knowing whether you should split a 10-man DF to hit two dragons, or just settle for one. It's about knowing whether I should look for an extra healer, or an extra DPS.

Sometimes you can tell the difference between who needs the helping hand and who can solo Orcus. Sometimes the players know their own limitations and are willing to tell you. Many times though, unless you're familiar with all the intricacies of their class, and/or have played with them before - that gap between Gear iLevel and Boon iLevel is too big to judge.

Maybe the iLevel thing isn't the right way to do it, but something to help a queue lead know who's going to need help would be nice.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    Here's an idea. Pick up random strangers. Those that are good, you befriend them, those that aren't you don't. Eventually, your friendlist should become your lfg.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The main issue is ilevel is only going to tell you so much. It also comes down to knowledge about the class, playstyle or even the persons internet connection. So there is going to be no really good tell before you go into the dungeon/skirmish to be able to know who to help or not help. Other than asking them, and hope that they tell the truth.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Not necessary!
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    This is an uncessarry suggestion or addition reason being is that current content isn't that hard you can take a full 10K party to tiamat and they will kill her from first round most people use private channels and those channels don't accept any randomes so problem here aleready solved unless you don't know of private channels existance usuually and i say usually and not all time players who reached an item level of 11K+ aleready should know thier class and how to play all content availble to them so if they see something missing in party the would say :)

still never the less personally i appreciate any effort to improve game :) so not agreeing with the suggestion does not mean i don't understand how you feel about this