test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chultan Hunter Companion

dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
I am buying this companion today since we havent heard that this companion is not WAI.I hope you wont do something like changing how it works after 3 days.

Comments

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I hope the devs will clarify this. Atm it more than obvious that this companion is not WAI. How can you get a totem from a zero totem award quest? This cant be WAI. But we need a statement from the devs. And we need it soon!!!! Not in 2 or 3 weeks. Thats to late.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If you know there's a possibility that it's not working as intended, you should probably prepare yourself either way. You should also probably wait at least another 24 hours, as it is Monday. Extremely early Monday at the moment, I might add.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    This, dear kreatyve, its different to what you wrote in this thread:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12976276

"We will try to get a dev to make a statement about the companion in question at some point in the future."

At some point in the future can mean anything from now to 2020.....whats the problem to clarify how this companion should work? Its a ZEN shop item that i can buy for real money. Cant i expect a simple answer from anyone who brought this companion in the shop? This miracle totem bonus exist since modul 12 release and we still got no answer. So what is the problem?
    What happens if the companion isnt working like it should? What happens with all the exploited totems?

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    spideymt said:

This, dear kreatyve, its different to what you wrote in this thread:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12976276

"We will try to get a dev to make a statement about the companion in question at some point in the future."

At some point in the future can mean anything from now to 2020.....whats the problem to clarify how this companion should work? Its a ZEN shop item that i can buy for real money. Cant i expect a simple answer from anyone who brought this companion in the shop? This miracle totem bonus exist since modul 12 release and we still got no answer. So what is the problem?
    What happens if the companion isnt working like it should? What happens with all the exploited totems?

Well, I don't like to give a time frame before even discussing the matter with Julia. But I plan on pushing her to make get them to make an announcement sooner rather than later. The 24 hour thing is hopeful. That being said, it is Monday. Monday's are crazy for everyone.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    From what I understand, even if it is WAI, the bonus totem comes from the CV dailies only...meaning you'll be running them over and over and over, 100+ times each, just for that single totem bonus. If you are thinking that getting this companion means a free ride to an early Tomb run, you are mistaken.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a more obvious "not working as intended" scenario. Its just so minor and so hard to really take advantage of and it really only gets you to the dungeon a week faster than everyone else (meaning you probably won't be able to find a run anyways lol)......Its just not a huge issue. Certainly not something for them to do emergency maintenance for. If there were BOE drops from the dungeon that could be sold early, maybe it would be an issue. As it stands, this makes no real difference to anyone.

If you are only buying it to exploit the extra totem....you are likely going to have a bad day.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Isn't it a bit late to jump on that train?

Feels a little bit like wasted Zen at this point, but since they will probably extend the campaign like SKT, those extra riches might be useful in the end...
    edited August 2017

If you are only buying it to exploit the extra totem....you are likely going to have a bad day.

Ah...so its an exploit? Thx for your answer.

From what I understand, even if it is WAI, the bonus totem comes from the CV dailies only...meaning you'll be running them over and over and over, 100+ times each, just for that single totem bonus. If you are thinking that getting this companion means a free ride to an early Tomb run, you are mistaken.

So you think you get one extra totem after 100 CV dailies?

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    This has been talked about in several threads, devs and our CM have been tagged and asked for an answer last week.

So who's to blame for people using this companion at this point? It was pointed out in a thread with active comments from Devs and it was straight up ignored and not commented on.
    edited August 2017
    reg1981 said:

So who's to blame for people using this companion at this point? It was pointed out in a thread with active comments from Devs and it was straight up ignored and not commented on.

Maybe they wont answer because its a ZEN Shop Item? I hope its not only about the money...
    I dont blame anyone if they use this. I blame PW that they cant say if thats WAI or not. If its WAI, so this companion will be a good investment. If its not WAI all the player who paid for this companion must be afraid that all the extra totemsgonna get removed/deleted and they have to start again in the campain, because than its an obvious exploit. It would be very unfair if they can keep the extra totems ( if its not WAI).
    All i want is just a lill info from the devs:

- WAI?
    - Not WAI?

Whats so hard about it?
    Post edited by spideymt on

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    > @spideymt said:
    > From what I understand, even if it is WAI, the bonus totem comes from the CV dailies only...meaning you'll be running them over and over and over, 100+ times each, just for that single totem bonus. If you are thinking that getting this companion means a free ride to an early Tomb run, you are mistaken.
    >
    > So you think you get one extra totem after 100 CV dailies?

No..you get 1 totem from each daily that you shouldn't get. To get the dungeon unlocked, you would need to do this hundreds of times for that 1 totem and it's like 500 totems to unlock dungeon.
    I can make 2 Dailies in 5- 8 minutes. Do you really think 500 is so much to farm?

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    In any MMO, if something's working far better than seems reasonable, brace yourself for it to be changed.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone. I was able to get an answer this AM and the companion is NOT working properly. A fix will be going out asap.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    and .... a # of people completed the campaign using htis item.

I think it stinks that every other mod, something like this happens and people take unfair advantage of things, because the company is a bit too slow to react.

Some other mmos I played, wouldve had a hot patch within 24 hours to limit things like this.

Im just saying, I really wish the game company was a bit faster on their toes with these situations.

This discussion has been closed.