test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Became stuck under the effects of a Yuan-Ti Dancer's charm

pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
I was just playing my GF through the Rescue the Adventurers daily in Chult. I went into the tomb area and came up against a Dancer and some minions. The Dancer did its charm power (I had my shield up, not sure if relevant), but of course I went under its charm. Slowly walked to it, Nothing new. But when it wore off, I couldn't move or use any attacks. I still managed to survive for some time this way, somehow (yay healing boons!). Occasionally the Dancer would move away from me, but I would automatically follow it at full walking speed. It was like I was glued to it. It charmed me several more times, but the only difference between charmed or not charmed was the hearts and how fast I'd move toward it.

Eventually I died, and when I respawned, I still had no controls. I had to log out and back in to get it straightened out.

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Almost the same thing with me, also a GF; I was in open area map, and my companion (a Duergar Theurge) killed all mobs after some time, (they cant kill my tank B) ) also couldn't move, and since there no dancer nearby i stood still, tried to change channel and returned to the same spot, had to relog to recover control...

PS.: Think i had my shield up to...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,117 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I've also noticed that under rare circumstances a companion can still remain in a slow-walk state after the effects of the charm have worn off. Recently I was leveling up a Tamed Velociraptor and it remained in slow-walk mode until I left the map.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,246 Arc User
    The spells from those monsters are like nostura you have to turn your back you are not immune to them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,563 Arc User
    I have faced Tiamat, Orcus and Baphomet and bested them. I am not impressed by a yuan-ti!
    Better to be a white knight than a knight with no honor.

With your shield or on it.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    this happened to me too GWF here after that charm i couldn't recover or move until i relogged to charchter screen and back in it sucked hard so now i alawyas negate thier attack and kill fast
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,246 Arc User
    that happened to me also in temple of spider i wasnt able to use again my tab after i got prone from syndrith.
    after i died i was able to use it.

That happened on my control wizard.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    This happened to me on my GF as well. My companion ended up killing the npcs (due to me not being to move/attack) but after they were dead I still couldn't move/attack. I ended up having to /kill myself and that fixed it.