test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ice and Flame Sprites: AP gain-% less than advertised

meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
Here's the tooltip:

It says that a rare-quality ice or flame sprite increases action point gain by 1.5%.
In reality, this percentage is just 1.2%.
That is only a 0.2% increase over the normal-quality pet.

Proof #1:

Then I thought maybe it scales, but no. Even in combat, the bonus is just 1.2%.

Proof #2:

Why is this important? Well, it costs 250.000 AD to upgrade a companion and the gained benefit is just 0.2% instead of 0.5%. I don't think it will get fixed considering it only affects a handful of players, but at least here's a warning to anybody thinking of upgrading these companions.

Comments

• Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    It's an error in the character sheet, but it actually increases AP gain by 1,5%. Here's my test:

Lance of Faith + no Sprite: 12,2904 AP gained
    Lance of Faith + blue Ice Sprite: 12,4748 AP gained

AP increase: 12,4748*100/12,2904 = 1,5%
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    @michela123 That's good news. Thank you for testing it
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Fun fact: there are two subtly different versions of the Flame Sprite. One shows as a Controller, the other as a Striker.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    meirami said:

Here's the tooltip:

It says that a rare-quality ice or flame sprite increases action point gain by 1.5%.
    In reality, this percentage is just 1.2%.
    That is only a 0.2% increase over the normal-quality pet.

Proof #1:

Then I thought maybe it scales, but no. Even in combat, the bonus is just 1.2%.

Proof #2:

Why is this important? Well, it costs 250.000 AD to upgrade a companion and the gained benefit is just 0.2% instead of 0.5%. I don't think it will get fixed considering it only affects a handful of players, but at least here's a warning to anybody thinking of upgrading these companions.

Some % is with rounding on tooltips. THE tooltips maybe appear to say 1% 2 % 3% etc. etc. but in reality the number is 0.8% 0.9% and they just write on tooltip 1%.

i have noticed the same behavior testing the power when i had 0 base to see how much i need for 1% bonus damage healing.