test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Staggering stag mounts

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
All the stag mounts, old and new, share their basic movement animation, which was altered somewhat before the Starfade and Celestial Stags were released. To me, it looks broken, to the extent that I don't even want to ride the lockbox stags I acquired.

When you're riding any stag mount and stop, the stag lurches like all its knees were breaking. It is somewhat reminiscent of the impact of returning to earth from the floating used in the Celestial's spacebar animation, where it's actually appropriate.

But please return the smooth stopping animation that was used for stags before with their normal gait. No healthy creature actually runs like this, and it looks dreadful.

(Bonus points, the TR class also lurches to a broken-kneed halt when they stop running, a change that was made to their movement animation many years ago now. It sucks, and it would be the best ever if they were returned to a stopping animation that didn't hurt to look at.)
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    TR change was Mod 4 IIRC, undocumented.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pitshade said:

TR change was Mod 4 IIRC, undocumented.

And because undocumented, never clear if it was changed on purpose or by accident, aside from the total silence meeting all the complaints about how horrible it looked.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I didn't make a SW until returning to the game last year, but it seems to me that warlock walk is similar to the TR, just less pronounced in its jerkiness. SW was launched in Mod 4, the same time the TR walk got messed up.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    If nothing else, the stagger animation shouldn't trigger unless you have been running for a certain distance. Staggering when just inching up to a merchant is nonsensical.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured