test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One Star Hunts

artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
edited July 2017 in PvE Discussion
So the big question with the new campaign, at least for me, is :

Is it worth investing your first 100 totems into unlocking one star lures?

It says you can get an extra 25 totems each week by doing hunts but it doesn't say how many hunts you'll have to do to get them. Does anyone know how many you can get from a one star hunt?

I haven't done any hunt on preview. You need a T-Rex fang for each lure which alone will, apparently, take a lot of camping.

Once you get a lure, what kind of firepower will we need? Can they be done solo? Can you do it with a basic 5 players team? or do you have to call out for the whole zone for help like you do for a large HE?

Do you have to find a specific spot to spawn each hunt target? If so has anyone done, or at least started, a map of them?

Lots of question, any answer would be welcome. In the mean time I'll go back to hunting tyrannosauri in hope of a T-Rex fang.

Plenty of game to you all.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Did the Fang of Dendar. There were only two of us there and not in party.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I've been hunting for a day or two, basically, run around till you bump into one of the special varient mobs, like a big crab or whatever, kill it, and use the item it drops along with a trex fang from KoS bhe to trade for a lure, each lure has a specific location to place it, the crab one for example on the beach near erm, all the crabs.

The one star ones are soloable, if you have decent gear, however, probably worth taking a friend or two in case you get hit by lag, because if you die, you don't get the lure back. Don't waste mats on Spli-Ti (bone plus fang) because he's bugged.

The one star hunt will drop a mat for a two star hunt, but no idea what those are like.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I wanted to know weither spending my first 100 totems into one star hunt would be worth it. I eventually took it.

On the one hand figuring how hunt works is fun, farming them involves a lot of camping but can still be fun overall.

On the other hand you only get one totem per successful hunt, that's very little. To get the totems invested back you'll have to 25 hunts each weeks for 4 weeks. This seems rather unrealistic.

So unlocking one star hunt can be fun but is very likely to prevent you from entering the new dungeon for an extra week. I kind of regret unlocking it but it is too late.