test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Hall Decorations

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Just a small request for guild halls, It's nice that we have all the decoration stuff, personalization, and etc..

But here comes the but, it all mostly 'happy', can we have something more despot friendly ?

For example some Iron maidens to put in the corners, some hanging chains, and those hanging cages. Some Pillories, etc...

Also there is a severe lack of a big HAMSTER Game of thrones style of throne in the middle ! Where a proper despot should put his tyrannical HAMSTER and judge all the plebeians to the mentioned cages.

How one supposed to encourage proper influence farming without the proper tools ? The guild hall needs more 'character'..

Oh, and because of the summer event there is a pig infestation, so it's also will be great to have a permanent pig roasting spit !

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    My thoughts exactly. And a gallows for whipping those that are slack in their testing or too punny in their posts/chat.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I just wish that after we had maxxed a certain item - it could afterwards be chucked into the mimic for influence or gold or something
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Just a small request for guild halls, It's nice that we have all the decoration stuff, personalization, and etc..

But here comes the but, it all mostly 'happy', can we have something more despot friendly ?

For example some Iron maidens to put in the corners, some hanging chains, and those hanging cages. Some Pillories, etc...

Also there is a severe lack of a big HAMSTER Game of thrones style of throne in the middle ! Where a proper despot should put his tyrannical HAMSTER and judge all the plebeians to the mentioned cages.

How one supposed to encourage proper influence farming without the proper tools ? The guild hall needs more 'character'..

Oh, and because of the summer event there is a pig infestation, so it's also will be great to have a permanent pig roasting spit !

They're there, in. . . the. . . dungeon - where they belong.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Or the villains' lairs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

greywynd said:

Or the villains' lairs.
    Our GH, we will decide what belongs there. Feel free to decorate your guild hall as you like.
    Only if the options are available.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited July 2017
    greywynd said:

Only if the options are available.

And yet you just disagreed with me for asking for options that I would like...
    What exactly is the logic behind this ?
    Why do you want to be a villain?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lmao. what would be the point of the knights of good if there were no axis of evil?

lmao. what would be the point of the knights of good if there were no axis of evil?

You can find Axes of Evil in Icewind Dale.
    but can we put them on the mantle?
    Nah. They want you to put them in a cart outside of the Black Ice Forge.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Nah. They want you to put them in a cart outside of the Black Ice Forge.

Lol such a shame. I would like at least one wing of the guild hall to have a little more oomph to it. Maybe decorated with the remnants of fallen enemies, maybe with some cages, chains, and spikes too.

Not sure that dungeon-themed decorations imply villainy, but rather they inspire some much-needed fear in the hearts of foes and perhaps keep some of more rowdy peasants in line.
    T-Rex head for over the fireplace?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Right next to the Jarl's perpetually frozen head mounted on a nice spike.

Actually, would it be awesome if the hardest content had a chance to drop some decoration items from beating the biggest bosses? Maybe you could even gate it behind achievement conditions (kind of like the SVA banner).
    edited July 2017
    dupeks said:

greywynd said:

Actually, would it be awesome if the hardest content had a chance to drop some decoration items from beating the biggest bosses? Maybe you could even gate it behind achievement conditions (kind of like the SVA banner).
    That is a great idea.

@nitocris83

I think this is something that the dev team wont have to much trouble to add. Will have added value to dungeons and add a type of achievements to the guilds.
    That and some 'darker' guild hall themes please... 3-4 Items can make a world difference in decoration creativity..
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i just want somt stuff to be earned not buyed, like a task to beat, Tiamat or Demogorgon a number of times ony with guildies and have acess to a new decoration for our guild... same could be done with every dungeon.

another option would be a tracker to mark a number of times that any guild member has runned that content and unlock that decoration from that...

i want to put some roleplay on the matter... some guild activity for the guild :D
    there is a lot of fun stuff they could do here. right now it's all pretty cookie cutter. it would be neat if they could include some guild games in the main hall too. everyone takes a seat and the game begins. there are all kinds of table top things they could do. it could be incorporated with various guild giveaways and contests as well. you could set a prize from teh bank or something like that. even silly things like bingo and trivia to various d and d themed games that could somehow accommodate a large number of people. like 10 or 20. there could be some smaller games as well. maybe various games could be some other kind of dungeon drop or masterwork thing.

as well as darker themed things for the gh there could also be some just flat out ridiculous things as well. a fluffy pink unicorn statue or a giant jackalope, tacky statuary.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

dupeks said:

greywynd said:

That is a great idea.

@nitocris83

I think this is something that the dev team wont have to much trouble to add. Will have added value to dungeons and add a type of achievements to the guilds.
    That and some 'darker' guild hall themes please... 3-4 Items can make a world difference in decoration creativity..
    Something like what we gave as a bribe to the Council in Evernight . Orcus scull .
    ... we could mount it on the wall above the fireplace.

Nostura's painting
    A carpet / rug made of a Dragon hide... pick a color
    A table made of Syndrith
    Pirate chairs
    A statue of an axe embedded in ice

Things like that.

" Check out that flag made out of red wolf skin. "
    " You know where we got that ? GWD for the win ! "

... loot we wanna show to our neighbors and brag about it.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I'm not hijacking your thread , but since it deals with guild hall decorations .. what has become of this https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231786/d-d-tabletop-display-table-setting
    @nitocris83
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Go talk to the sheriff
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I want customisable banner flags where the design can be replicated into guild cloaks...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I want customisable banner flags where the design can be replicated into guild cloaks...

Oooooooh. It would totally made me feel like I belong to X guild. But it seems hard to code without breaking too much stuff.

And I love all the ideas about getting best decorations from hardest content. I don't have any reason to run T1/T2 dungeons or some trial anymore. But If there would be way to get something nice from it from my guild I would made a lot of guild runs :P Either rng or specific requirment like 100x runs with guild or perfect run * x times. And it would be the closest thing to 'guild-like' experience since long ago. DF is obsolete and Marauders worth only for 1 run in the week.
  • siegericsiegeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    How bout some paintings with Dragonborn, Dwarves, or Halflings? Not everyone plays a Tiefling, Human, or Elf and it would be nice if the paintings reflected all guild races.

As others have suggested, it would also be nice to have decorations showing Guild Achievements. These could be banners that become available when an achievement is reached. Maybe linking a random boss trophy item that can be converted into a furniture item via a Masterwork creation (e.g., dragon head from Lostmauth, frost shard from Storvald).
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can we get a stuffed dinosaur ? One would go very nicely in the right corner of the fireplace ..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I wonder if the design decision to keep the interior of the hall on the same map as the SH might lead to (someday) decorating stuff OUTSIDE the guild hall... Replacing statues maybe?
    A fully customizable SH would be worth a whole half mod to me :smiley:
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    araneax said:

Can we get a stuffed dinosaur ? One would go very nicely in the right corner of the fireplace ..

I told one of the Devs that the Stronghold needed a taxidermy shop to keep up with all the stuffed X requests :D
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2017

araneax said:

I told one of the Devs that the Stronghold needed a taxidermy shop to keep up with all the stuffed X requests :D
    hi @nitocris83
    I'm glad you are following this thread. Since you are telling devs about some funny stuff, do you mind also mentioning to them that crafting a 500k AD item for the guild hall just to realize it doesn't fit your theme is kind of a bummer?
    So if you would kindly nudge them and tell them that a preview option when right clicking over a SH decoration item would be much appreciated.

Ty. :)