test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Node bug in SOMI

dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
Skill nodes keep disappearing when I try to open them in SOMI. It happened 3 times(2 time dungeonerring,1 time religion) this week. I really like the extra elemental proffession resources on SOMI skill nodes so can you please check what is going on with these nodes

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Unfortunately, this seems to happen with skill nodes you have previously looted in that instance number, until the instance resets (like during maintenance). Either keep an eye on the instance numbers when you go adventuring, stick to nodes for your class skill, or resign yourself to blowing some kits for nothing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It is not just SOMI. That happens in RD too. I think becky is right. I parked my toon close to a skill node. When he/she wakes up for invocation, he/she will try to open the skill node if it is available (and may jump to a nearby HE if it happens to be on). Sometime, the skill node is opened but there is nothing. I open that for the SH influence quest.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    It can happen anywhere. I've had it happen lots during Challenge of the Gods when I go to a really lowbie instance for fast nodes for the challenge to loot three of them. If I end up in the same instance with a character that I've done this with them before, I have to go farther and farther from the entrance to succeed.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    so I have to farm skill nodes once a week?Because I visit SOMI with only my main to do its dailies.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Just change instance because if someone peeks whats inside the skill node and loots only interesting things not everything then the skill node doesn't disappear thus it doesn't reset.

This has nothing to do with what we are talking about here. It is not about if there is any interesting things. It is about it is totally empty.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Also, normal skill nodes definitely don't show you another player's loot if they peeked into it and left anymore.

Sorry OP, while I agree this is a bug that should be fixed, I don't think it's a high priority for the team.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User

Also, normal skill nodes definitely don't show you another player's loot if they peeked into it and left anymore.

Sorry OP, while I agree this is a bug that should be fixed, I don't think it's a high priority for the team.

I know .I just wanted to point it out.As I said I barely open them.2-3 a day so no big loss for me