test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto respec in PE

mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
Hi guys a number of us got a slap in the face following the Souls update,
We went to PE and our originals were reset automatically without any warning or option to decline.

From what we can tell anyone who went there with a respec token in their bags (or bank) got automatically reset.

This was a monumental pain, can you fix this so we can access our alts as we are a tad nervous that this will happen again with all our characters.
It did not impact everyone in our guild seemingly it was only those who had tokens from the winter festival.

PS there was no way to recover as it we had yet to copy the loadout across to the new loadout.

Cheers

Comments

• penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    i am getting fed up with this when you bring out a new add on i have to repec my character what is the bloody point why do i have to waste hours on put my boons, points and powers back on my character its bloody stupid

Mod Edit: Removed All-Caps. Thread Merged with existing thread report in the proper forum.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's a bug by the looks of it. It happened to 2 of my 8 characters but the other 6 kept their original spec on the 1st loadout
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    You don't, or shouldn't, have to.
    The new Loadouts mean you can respec you character into a second or subsequent profile which you can flip between whe at a campfire.
    If you don't respec the load out, it will sit exactly as it is right now till you do.
    Your main loadout profile "Original" on the tab remains unchanged, and you don't have to touch it or even bother with loadouts if you don't want to.

You can switch powers, feats, boons and gear, but you can't switch companions, mounts or enchantments/runestones. So if you wonder what your Spellstorm CW would be like spurting fire, you can redraw them on a loadout.

Frankly I'm not a fan of being able to respec the character, and would much rather have been able to swap companions and mounts, and definitely enchants onto the new gear you are wearing, but it seems generic templates is the way they want to...
    If you have a copy of your build so you know where you had stuff it only takes 10 mins - there's not a lot else you can do.

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    If its a bug then you need to go to support and log it there.
    I imagine they get enough queries every day through the proper channels to not have time to go looking for more on the other fora.
    You 'could' file a support ticket but I doubt if they'd be able to help as essentially you'd want them to reload your old build, which I suspect is a bit beyond their ability. They can probably hit the 'wipe' button but reloading one that disappeared is probably too tricky.

• penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User

You don't, or shouldn't, have to.
    The new Loadouts mean you can respec you character into a second or subsequent profile which you can flip between whe at a campfire.
    If you don't respec the load out, it will sit exactly as it is right now till you do.
    Your main loadout profile "Original" on the tab remains unchanged, and you don't have to touch it or even bother with loadouts if you don't want to.

You can switch powers, feats, boons and gear, but you can't switch companions, mounts or enchantments/runestones. So if you wonder what your Spellstorm CW would be like spurting fire, you can redraw them on a loadout.

Frankly I'm not a fan of being able to respec the character, and would much rather have been able to swap companions and mounts, and definitely enchants onto the new gear you are wearing, but it seems generic templates is the way they want to...

The problem is when I loaded up my game my character stats where all ready reset so saveing a loadout would not have help since my character was all ready reset before I had a chance to use the loadout
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    It is a bug, happened to a few people last night which is why I started a thread in Bug reporting.

Basically it gets triggered by walking into PE with a respec token in your possession.
    All my alts have them so they are stuffed until this gets fixed.
    I have heard reports of it happening when logging into the stronghold as well, so it may be the travel gate triggerring it.
  • ozdaarozdaar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I had it happen on 8 different toons, the first one did it after moving zones all others reset as a logged in on them some in PE but some in dread, I only play 3 so only had to redo those but still an unexpected pain in the butt...