test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Chult Rewards

ctatumdev#6113 ctatumdev Member Posts: 34 Cryptic Developer
Hello everyone! On this preview build, we would like feedback on the new rewards! We have a lot of new gear and other rewards, so please let us know what you think!

Access

You’ll need to be on the Preview Shard to test these features.
You should be able to obtain these rewards organically through gameplay.

What's new?

There are 5 new gear sets:
League's
Pilgrim
Pioneer
Huntsman
Primal

We have a new Artifact dropping in the new Tomb of the Ninegods dungeon:
Charm of the Serpent

Also have rings and unique gear that drop from the Hunts!

Feedback Desired

We want to hear any and all things you can tell us about the new Rewards, though we would like to focus on smaller changes that we can make in the time we have before launch!

Some things to consider on your feedback:
How does the new gear feel? Are these rewards comparable to your current gear? Do you have a favorite?
Are the tooltips clear and easy to understand?
Etc, etc, etc. Let us know what you think!

Here’s how to give feedback:

Respond to this forum post.
Please mark what type it is: Bug or Feedback (Please only choose one)

Format:
Please use boldface text for the Type, and then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, and if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN.

Concise feedback is preferred and screenshots are appreciated!

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples of Feedback

Bug:
Chultan Crafted weapons' power isn't working. I am not getting any stat increased when I get in combat.

No Bonus Sets on the new armor? Each piece of armor has it's own power? AW YISSSS.....

Comments

• Options
    tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Rethink the equip-bonus of the 500il-armor for tanks and dot-based classes, pls.
    it may be difficult to reach the 15% maxTP treshold in one single blow for this classes.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Assuming it works as it is written 200k HP tanks need to deal 30k, that's easy peasy even for a protector GF in a dungeon, out of a dungeon i don't think anybody will happily solo stuff with a protector or tactician.

• Options
    kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Bonus is ok but stats are not so good for some classes. New 500 ilvl arms for Hunter Ranger has Power+Recovery and Recovery+Arm.Pen. No Power+Crit unfortunately...
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Yup. New 500 iLvL armor for trapper rangers is not that interesting. Arpen and recovery not really needed. Crit or lifesteal would be better
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    It's too bad it didn't follow the Relic gear formula, Raid gear with Power & Crit, and the Assault gear with Arp/Crit/Rec.

That would have made for a better stat allocation, at least PvE-wise...
  • Options
    With the Ostorian rings, Relic gear and restoration materials being added to the seal trader (which was a really, really good decision), please, pleeeeaaaaase, consider adding the Illusionist Gambits +4 companion gear to the seal-trader.

Getting together the "right" pieces of gear from that skirmish is just too much, given the many, many different variations you can get, if you even get a +4 at all...

And with the new armor penetration requirements, many players are going to need a new set for their companions.

With Loyal Avenger gear never being available on console, Illusionists Gambit have been the only place to get good companion gear, besides the hilariously priced Adorable gear from the New life legendary reward.

Be our savior, please put the +4 IG companion gear in the seal-trader :)
  • Options
    kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    All new raid bracers for HR (Primal, Huntsman, Pioneer, Pilgrim, League's) has Power+Recovery+Defence in stats.

Is it possible to swap stats between boots and bracers in these sets? Or at least between Primal Raid Bracers (Power+Recovery+Defence) and Primal Raid Gaiters (Power+Crit+Defence). In current situation Hunter Rangers don't have a decent alternative to Relic/MW II raid bracers and this slight rework of stats might help a lot.
    Post edited by kainan777 on
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Or add possiblity of chosing the type of +4. There are just too many variants - I finally got +4 after 40 runs (10 hours) but it was totally bad piece.
  • Options
    The sheer number of possible combinations, coupled with the fun "grimoire" & "pact blade" versions makes Illusionists Gambit a painful grind.

The skirmish itself is actually fun, the first 10 times maybe, but when you're in the hundreds without getting the gear you need for your build, it takes away all the fun, and becomes a chore...

Adding the gear to seal-trader, or giving a container where you choose which item you want would be great, or some sort of exchange-trader.
    Could even throw the Underdark rings in there too, I have many (useless)+5 rings that will never see the light of day :(
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Are the legendary rings that drop from mod 12 content supposed to be BoE? Because that is how they display in collections. Now, having these rings be BoE would be an excellent thing. We have been asking for something like this ever since mod 8, and since these rings are pretty much mod 12/12.5 specific since they boost damage vs very specific enemy types they are not exactly something you will be caring about in future mods and will be replaced with other stuff.

Basically, having these rings be BoE would go a long ways to making this mod a success in the eyes of the players without having any long term gearing impact
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    AW YISSSS is mostly relevant. I do like not having to worry about splitting up my set bonus(es) when I acquire one new piece of gear, but sometimes the past armor sets had a really good 1-piece bonus like Dusk with Wanderer's Vigor, which is now available on just one specific new piece. I did like that approach to set bonuses, where a single piece of a set gave you something extra, so players could more easily select the items with the stats they wanted, and the bonus would be available no matter what those pieces were.

Gearing will now be approached more as finding the pieces available to you with the stats you want and hoping the equipment bonuses are reasonably useful for your class, I think, rather than trying to balance your gear around maintaining a set bonus or multiple set bonuses.

(I'm just going to be annoyed about not having Wanderer's Vigor on all my alts anymore, really. I like that effect a lot.)

Bug?: Chultan Crafted weapons bind status
    Are these meant to be BtCoP? Asterdahl had indicated that NW design was trying to move away from needing to level specific professions on a per-character basis in order to make your own gear, if using crafted gear. The tooltips for these seem contradictory if these are WAI. Also, I'd view the weapons as something desirable to craft for my neglected alts to get them a bit more oomph, whereas the character I've been maintaining sufficiently to take to Chult has no need of them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2017

"At the start of combat, a random stat is increased by 2000 for 10 seconds???" Really? So... you are giving us the "Wand of Wonder" of artifact weapons? Does that include regeneration? Defense on my Control Wizard, where my DR still wont be enough to block any incoming damage? Or... even better, Defense on my GF... who's DR is so high I wont even notice a 2000 point increase? I cannot think of a more useless set bonus as it is written. Especially considering most of the characters adventuring in Chult with either have Relic or River District weapons already.

And for 10 seconds only at start of combat? That makes the set bonus completely useless in a boss fight.

As these look now, I would not waste my time, and resources making or leveling up a set of these when I can have a predictable set bonus on gear with equivalent stats.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The pilgrim gear is waaaaaaaaaay overpriced for what it is. I'd just go with Drowcraft gear before paying 187k AD for armor if I was on an undergeared main. For alts I'd just get Relic gear with seals. The only way this would be remotely worth it is if it was something like 40k AD for a full set of armor.

The bonuses also need a lot of work. They need to stop making bonuses that are never going to be relevant (e.g. +5% defense on CW armor, or +10 defense for each percent of health missing etc.) IMO devs need to look at a bonus and ask themselves "Will this ever matter in a dungeon?" before putting it on armor.
    scathias said:

Are the legendary rings that drop from mod 12 content supposed to be BoE? Because that is how they display in collections. Now, having these rings be BoE would be an excellent thing. We have been asking for something like this ever since mod 8, and since these rings are pretty much mod 12/12.5 specific since they boost damage vs very specific enemy types they are not exactly something you will be caring about in future mods and will be replaced with other stuff.

Basically, having these rings be BoE would go a long ways to making this mod a success in the eyes of the players without having any long term gearing impact

The thing I hate about these is that even if you get the ones that are relevant it means holding around six rings in your bag and you're either switching enchants or making another twelve enchants. They should've stuck with stat distributions like the SKT rings and given them bonuses against all the listed enemy types (IMO the "+5% against all of chult" is too narrow and makes them useless after a mod or two).
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User

I feel that you are having a much more alt-friendly approach regarding to the rewards with the incoming module so I'll be glad to share my opinion about a few things.

The new artifact weapon set's bonus is too widespread, 2k random stat at the beginning of the combat could be "potentially" better if you bring 2 different sets, offensive (2k random stat between Power/Crit/Recovery) and a defensive one (2k random stat between Defense/Deflect/Life Steal). However, 2k isn't really enough. You could increase it to 4k if you follow the suggestion about offensive/defensive sets, then it would be a good option and please note that when I'm saying good option means that people would at least think about using it without it being overpowered, just a feasible option if you dislike the previous ones from River District or SoMI.

The artifact Charm of the Serpent. 600 Power, 1000 ArPen, 1000 Life Steal. The stats are ok except for the 600 power. It would be much more interesting to see 1000 Power, 1000 ArPen, 600 Life Steal instead. The damage is negligible and "it applies Neuroshock" what is that? Yes, I can test and find out what it is but what's the point in hiding it? Just add brackets i.e (Paralizes the enemy for X secs or applies a dot for X secs, etc). Also, the 25% chance to apply the effect is unnecessary because we already have a cooldown, with that chance I could use it several times in a row and it would fail to apply the effect. All in all, it is an artifact that it wouldn't be used as primary unless that Neuroshock is useful (Like reducing enemy's defenses which is even more important now due to the recent changes) so it could be used as secondary due to the stats but it is not going to be a sought-after item.

You added a lot of gear sets which is great but what we really need is companion equipment. See, one of the most important pieces of equipment in a character is the companion gear due to the bondings and the huge amount of stats granted by them. Previously, we had the loyal avenger gear available thanks to the gateway but it is gone now and the only way to get proper equipment for them is farming IG. It is not fun, my guild have 50 players online everyday and they really dislike to run that skirmish. They have to do it because it is the best way to get gear so maybe you have data that shows a lot of people farming it but that doesn't mean that they are enjoying it and that will eventually lead to their frustration. I'm adding this feedback here because you still have time to add companion gear to the crafting recipes / the new hunt system / trading for seals, etc. It could be that or let us get at least a +3 everytime we get gold. It could be something like bronze +1, with silver granting minimum +2 and Gold minimum a +3 piece. I'm the kind of player that likes to play with several characters and I just stopped doing it as soon as I was unable to get companion gear for them because I don't have any fun with IG.

Regarding to the ilv 500 gear, looks like most people is going to be using 2 of these pieces and 2 masterwork II as high-end gear. The bonuses are ok except the one where you gain 1% of your HP back. People using these sets are already very well geared, usually with enough life steal to heal themselves or even using stones of health. If I have 150k HP, I'll get healed for 1.5k everytime I hit an enemy for 22.5k when life steal would heal me back to full with a single blow? The whole set is BoA, that's highly appreciated.

I like that you are adding a lot of different gear with small benefits (hunt drops) it is part of the essence of D&D to find magical artifact with interesting names and effects. However, I would like to suggest to not repeat the same bonus in too many items even with small variations like power instead of defense e.g. Their uniqueness is gone by doing so. The rings are ok, not powerful but definitely not useless. They seem to be BoE, are they going to keep this status?

I like the whole module (despite that my main interest is to play a new class) because you are really trying to do things in a different way and that is very welcome.

fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Similar to the feedback the past 5 mods or so, for BiS armor we are looking for Power/Crit. If you only give that combo to certain dps classes that ones that don't get it are at a disadvantage. (all other things being equal)

new weapons are fine, just limit the random stat to either power/crit/recovery.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Just looking at cleric exclusively for a second here. Don't know if other classes were done the same way.

Okay, I like customization of stats. I like seeing new stat distributions on gear. Armor Pen/Crit is interesting, but at the same time, some stats are much better than others for specific classes--specifically power for clerics. When I look at the new gear and I see this:

http://i.imgur.com/6tzqxMi.png
    I don't see any piece of gear there that is usable by any cleric. For a DPS hybrid, you don't want armor pen primary, but overall it isn't the worst. For a full buff cleric, you want power, so both are useless.

Moving on to helms
    http://i.imgur.com/vpDMSnB.png
    A DPS cleric could get behind the crit primary for the helm, and the added armor pen is likely enough to top off a build for the armor pen requirements in the new mod (for open world, as far as we have seen so far). No power again for buff clerics.

Moving to gloves
    http://i.imgur.com/YoC5J7g.png
    DPS will be using the restoration, since it has crit and raid doesn't. Not a huge deal, since it's the same stat distribution as relic, just higher stats. Finally one piece a buff cleric can use in the restoration piece.

Finally to boots
    http://i.imgur.com/Nn3hmnJ.png
    Perfect stat distribution for both DPS on the raid, and Buffs on the restoration. No complaints on this one.

Overall, I don't see this gear being used by many buff clerics, even if they aren't using voninblod on their gear, which I hope is not the desired choice by the design team.

Note that it is possible that they will mix-and-match some relic pieces in with the new primal, but as a full set, it is beyond horrible for buff clerics.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    I like how there's a lot of different pieces of gear but the two things that makes me scratch my head is: the awful set bonus for the artifact weapon set and how bad the new legendary rings are.

Why not give an actual alternative to mod 8/9 rings?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Nyranzu Noble Fashion Pack - Tradebar Store
    Opening this pack gives the Chieftain Batiri Mask... not the fashion set indicated

(Runs off singing "Ooooh Eeee Ooooh Ahh Ahh... Ting Tang... Wallawalla Bing Bang...")

Play Legit or Quit
  • Options
    ctatumdev#6113 ctatumdev Member Posts: 34 Cryptic Developer
    Morning y'all!

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming! But I'm going to talk real quick on companion gear, Legendary Rings, and gear stats.

First off, with companion gear, I know the Illusionist's Gambit had some rewards concerns/complaints, and we've done a pass on it which still didn't hit the mark on what y'all were looking for. So, for M12, we have done yet another balance pass on the Skirmish rewards. I personally feel that this new balance will be a little more to your liking when it comes to getting companion gear. Since we still want the Skirmish to be the current place to go for companion gear, we won't be adding it to the seal stores this time around.

As for the Legendary rings, we've been talking about them in-house and comparing them to the Underdark rings, so what you see currently on preview may change since they are still in review.

Last, gear stats. These are also in review. What I mean is, I've read your feedback so far and I'm looking at the gear right now and stroking my chin in contemplation. Thanks for the feedback on this so far - I'll be taking your feedback and discussing it with the rest of the team.

Once again, thanks for the feedback! Hope y'all are enjoying Chult!

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    urabask said:

The pilgrim gear is waaaaaaaaaay overpriced for what it is. I'd just go with Drowcraft gear before paying 187k AD for armor if I was on an undergeared main.

I believe you are referring to the league equipment? Keep in mind this equipment can also be crafted, and ideally this will be the main source of these items—buying them from other players on the auction house—so the vendor price is meant to represent a ceiling for the cost of these items. We'd like players who make this equipment to have the ability to make some profit for a time. The vendor is not intended to provide these items at a low budget.

I cannot think of a more useless set bonus as it is written. Especially considering most of the characters adventuring in Chult with either have Relic or River District weapons already.

These new weapons are meant as a catch-up set or a set meant for your alts. These are not meant for players who already have weapons at the current item level. The next time we'll be releasing weapons you'll want to consider changing to, it will be accompanying an item level bump to weapons overall.
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

These new weapons are meant as a catch-up set or a set meant for your alts. These are not meant for players who already have weapons at the current item level. The next time we'll be releasing weapons you'll want to consider changing to, it will be accompanying an item level bump to weapons overall.

Thanks for the reply.... but I was more concerned with the unpredictable nature and short duration of the set bonus itself.

Play Legit or Quit
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    It's very minor, but I wouldn't be able to handle wearing this

EDIT -- I just noticed how useless my comment is. I didn't say what item that is. That item is one of the Hunt reward items. I believe it is the first one in the collections menu in the Hunts section. I can look it up later. Sorry for the stupidity.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited June 2017

Morning y'all!

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming! But I'm going to talk real quick on companion gear, Legendary Rings, and gear stats.

First off, with companion gear, I know the Illusionist's Gambit had some rewards concerns/complaints, and we've done a pass on it which still didn't hit the mark on what y'all were looking for. So, for M12, we have done yet another balance pass on the Skirmish rewards. I personally feel that this new balance will be a little more to your liking when it comes to getting companion gear. Since we still want the Skirmish to be the current place to go for companion gear, we won't be adding it to the seal stores this time around.

As for the Legendary rings, we've been talking about them in-house and comparing them to the Underdark rings, so what you see currently on preview may change since they are still in review.

Last, gear stats. These are also in review. What I mean is, I've read your feedback so far and I'm looking at the gear right now and stroking my chin in contemplation. Thanks for the feedback on this so far - I'll be taking your feedback and discussing it with the rest of the team.

Once again, thanks for the feedback! Hope y'all are enjoying Chult!

That sounds good and all, but the absurd amount of variations on companion-gear might still be an issue.

If you were to make the gear that are used by very, very few companions ( i.e. Pact blades & Grimoires) drop far less than rings, necks, belts & sword-knots to more correctly adapt drop-rate to what the majority of companions actually can use/are used by players.

Or even better, some sort of currency, that would mean that after a certain amount of runs without getting what you need,you can at least exchange those tokens/seals whatevers for the gear you so dearly desire.

That way, there is at least a guarantee of some light at the end of the tunnel...

Still, mod 12 is looking ridiculously fun, and I for one, can't wait until it drops on console :)

Great work, and thanks for the updates, those are very appreciated by all players.
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Opinion/Suggestion: About m12 weapons and artifact

About the m12 weapons effect: At start of combat, a random stat is increased by 2000 points, for 10 seconds.

- This bonus is weird and ... a little small. Imagine that, you enter in combat and your weapons give you 2k Regeneration or 2k defense and you are a SW or CW. Looks awful !!!!!!! I could suggest this:

1 - Every 10 seconds in combat, a random stat is increased by 500. Stack up to 6 times.

OR

2 - Every 10 seconds in combat, a random stat is increased by 1000. Stack up to 3 times.

I think these bonus above will help a little in long boss battles, and I believe that bonuses isn't better or worse than m10, m11 and MW weapons.

About the Charm of the Serpent, the bonuses are OK, but I think all players will love a 4th additional stat to this artifact, just like Eye of the Giant and Tome of Ascendance, adding +600 of something like deflect.

</font
    Post edited by exgardian on
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    Primal and Huntsman gear are still showing "Drow" appearance models. Not sure if this is an oversight, or that they just arent finished yet. Primal shows as Drow when previewed for all classes, Huntsman just for some.

From what I have seen so far... The new armors look great. They certainly fit into the style of the module setting. You can tell a lot of time went into the details. The SW "Pilgrim / Pioneer / League" armor I think is my favorite so far.

Play Legit or Quit
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    The new mod 12 rings which go up to ilvl 510 are all double offensive. Could you change one to have double defensive? Ty
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    OP primal gear has regeneration on it. This has also been the case on DF gear back when it was on prev. You were kind enough to change the DF gear. Could you be so kind and remove this useless stat from the gear? Ty
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User

Primal and Huntsman gear are still showing "Drow" appearance models. Not sure if this is an oversight, or that they just arent finished yet. Primal shows as Drow when previewed for all classes, Huntsman just for some.

Yup
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

While we're on the subject... please make the Legendary Ostorian Rings BtA... especially if +5 Underdarks and the Mod12 legendaries are going to be BoA and BoE respectively.

That would leave the Greater Ostorians as the only BoE legendary ring type, which would be rather odd.