test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My GWF is bugged

xxezzxxezz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Militia Barracks
Unfortunately, my GWF has a "small" problem for some weeks …
From one day to the other my critical hit chance diminished without any reason. My critical hits are around 25-60%. Although I still have more than 100% critical hit chance.
So I tried various solutions: I raised my critical hit chance up to 130% and I raised armor penetration up to 150% (Normally i have 98%, which already is above the ~60% you normally need). Additionally I tried out various builds with raised critical hit chance, switched out talents and attribute values and finally tested every single equipment part and every single enchantment to determine the cause of the problem. Indeed, unsuccessfully.
I have, by the way, still a 2 month-older character copy on the Preview server which still hits 100% of all hits critical. The problem also still exists, if I transfer my current character on the preview and try to build it like my 2 month-older character.
In addition i noticed the following: On mobs with a higher damage resistance my critical hits are clearly less, than on mobs with a lower damage resistance.
So … on normal quest area mops my critical chance is around 90%. However, my critical hits in fbi are only around 25-60%.

Thus seen. In my opinion this is a bug but i can't figure out what's causing it.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or has somebody maybe even found a solution?

And sorry for my humble english^^
Post edited by xxezz on

Comments

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Perhaps you should look up the topics on Level 73 mobs. The higher end mobs are different than the lower level ones. But I cant recall it all maybe someone can point you to it so they can explain it better.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Or are there some types of damage that can't crit?

• xxezzxxezz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Or are there some types of damage that can't crit?

Yeah, there are the normal "non-crits" from mount insignias and from my lightning enchantment too. But in dungeons only every second or every third free hit is critting. As example: When I test it in stronghold with the test doll is every single hit a critical hit.
    And I never had this problem before...
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Higher level mobs flat out mitigate more of your damage, it isn't a bug. Player attacks (and some debuffs) versus level 73 mobs are only 3/4ths as effective as any other level.

Lightning Arcs (and all weapon enchants) can crit. If you own a CW this should be easy to test: proc eye of the storm, then just use any attack which procs lightning. There is no reason there should be an exception for GWFs or any other class.

• xxezzxxezz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    rjc9000 said:

Higher level mobs flat out mitigate more of your damage, it isn't a bug. Player attacks (and some debuffs) versus level 73 mobs are only 3/4ths as effective as any other level.

Lightning Arcs (and all weapon enchants) can crit. If you own a CW this should be easy to test: proc eye of the storm, then just use any attack which procs lightning. There is no reason there should be an exception for GWFs or any other class.

Yeah right, but I don`t understand why my char from four weeks ago don`t have this problem and the same char from now have this problem. I can test both chars on preview, with same group in the same dungeon. And there are strikes like IBS which "normally" on every time must crit with over 100% critical chance. And they don`t do it on my actually char.

Apart of my <100% chance on my stats, there is the "real" chance wich I had in combat every time diffrent.
    As an example: I run fbi two times with the same group, in first round are my critical hits at "hati" around 80-90%, in the second round are the critical hits only around 30%. And this for the entire duration.
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I have the exact same thing on my gwf, i can run fbi with the same group all night, in some of them runs my ibs will hit for 10 to 12 mill the full run then the next run I will struggle to hit for 2 mill ibs