test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want an account-wide privacy setting

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
I know how to hide individual characters, and have hidden a bunch of the ones I don't use for much, if nothing else to cut down on my obnoxious volume of "has logged on/off" notification spam, but I want to be able to perform this action for my entire account at once, preferably without overriding individual character settings for when I want to un-hide.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    +1 I would love an account wide "appear offline" or "hide". I bet devs can do it if they are so inclined.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    For those of us who don't know, how do you hide individual characters?
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

For those of us who don't know, how do you hide individual characters?

Type /hide and then /unhide to unhide yourself.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    You can also use your preferences on the social tool (default hotkey O), which enables setting up so friends can still see you, for example. Takes longer, but it's more refined than the chat command.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • eversgreyeversgrey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    So the /hide command does prevent a log in message from appearing? I thought it just made your character invisible after logging in. I know I have hidden specific characters, but people still pm me somehow and say that they saw the spam of all of my alts logging.
  • kungomaximokungomaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Actually the /hide setting doesn't cut down the log on/off message spam:
    Your friends will see "X has logged on" followed right away by the "X has logged off" msg even if you are anonymous (/hide)

Guess game logs in any char as online, then checks the privacy setting and applies it. Wish it worked the other way: logs chars as offline/anonymous, checks privacy settings, applies it (and sends notifications if needed to friends)

For the fancy, there's a "visible to friends only", accessible either in the social tab ("O" key) preferences as beckylunatic said, or by console command with /friendsonly