test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics improvments

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
Not sure if one of the graphics settings I had been using for well over a year were making the detail fuzzy but with the new release and having to reset it back again, everything looks crisp and the armor /mounts and world looks incredible... and I am 98% sure these are the exact same settings I had been using.
(I realize a few graphic settings have been dropped or reworked)

Standout improvement to the RD is the water at the docks, maybe it was always good but if that got a tweak ; good job!

the graphics glitch I was getting seems to have stopped entirely

All in all a nice bundle of offerings in 'shroud of souls' release ,not just the graphics... the item level rework ,dining hall and smoking armor quest all good (of course a few little glitches/bugs need looking at, as any new addition to the game does) :)

Things I personally would like to see looked at for improvement is the more accurate dungeon stats with more categories and less numbers , by that i mean; use % of damage dealt or have the option to toggle from the dmg numbers to %.. and maybe look into why those numbers seem to be impossible to read because they always seem to be scrolling sideways ( maybe make them scroll slower :) )

Not all Armor and weapon enhancements are yet equal by any stretch of the imagination though the weapon ones are looking much much better and now barkshield seems vastly improved, some of the others mostly defensive like: Thunderhead, Frostburn and especially Fireburst that are long unpopular are not getting looked at and still seem to deal damage they were designed to give back in 2013 ,please make these equal to at least the rework to barkshield if not bis favorites like negation

anyway not nearly enough positive feedback in this place, looking forward to the next major patch now!
cheers!

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    If fuzziness in the distance bothers you turn off the Cinematic Focus. It's on the left side, 4th item down.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    greywynd said:

If fuzziness in the distance bothers you turn off the Cinematic Focus. It's on the left side, 4th item down.

thanks, yeh mate have played around with that one ... not for a long time
    as it is at the moment, is perfect..

I have a weird mix of hyperopia and myopia with my vision these days so a bit of blur in the distance would be pretty normal :)

Not sure if I was clear now but I just wanted to say the graphics were now working well as I had made a thread on a graphic bug that had been a problem for quite a while, while possibly premature and it might return a week after the patch ,packed instances have not been creating a huge white out during peak activity resulting in trails,sparkly active quest objects and flame effects etc disappear. Maybe my title comes off as a complaint :wink:
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits