test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: reducing the costs of the campaigns for the alt characters

werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
It would be great if we had less grind to do for completing the campaigns with our alts.
I mean we could keep the grind for getting the weapons for instance, but having less grind for unlocking the campaigns themselves (e.g less Reputations to get), especially for the VERY long campaigns such as SKT.
It is an endless nightmare when we have several alts.
So please reduce the campaigns costs for the alts.

Comments

• Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    +1

SKT is a soul-sucking ordeal for my alts.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    +1 especially now they are making the campaigns longer.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    My solution is simple. Just skip SKT. Since it is about completing campaign, what does SKT campaign give you?
    Boons. What do the boons give you? Everfrost damage resistance. 4200 HP, some here and there damage. Are they must have? IMO, no. In a bigger picture, how much do these boons improve my character? IMO, not much. If you don't do any SKT, will it stop the progress of your character? No.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    My DC and GF are being built and primary focusing on SKT at the moment! I want FBI and MSVA unlocked so I have to grind it out. If I could purchase the unlock I would in these cases!!

Honestly if things were reduced for alts we'd all be running around with a new toon for each dungeon run and AD income would drastically increase which is something I'm sure Cryptic would like to avoid. I have one of each class, 5 are playable in T2 dungeons. The AD increase was a big one when these toons started running T2s. But I had to work to get them there. I can't see this change as a realistic one but would be welcomed if it was to happen :)
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User

If only. But they got to keep the lights on at Cryptic. So instead of shorter and less gridfull campaigns, we have campaign completion packs.

If at least these completion packs were available for all campaigns, I would understand, but it is not the case. :(
    reg1981 said:

My DC and GF are being built and primary focusing on SKT at the moment! I want FBI and MSVA unlocked so I have to grind it out. If I could purchase the unlock I would in these cases!!

Honestly if things were reduced for alts we'd all be running around with a new toon for each dungeon run and AD income would drastically increase which is something I'm sure Cryptic would like to avoid. I have one of each class, 5 are playable in T2 dungeons. The AD increase was a big one when these toons started running T2s. But I had to work to get them there. I can't see this change as a realistic one but would be welcomed if it was to happen :)

It is the same for the vast majority of us. We just want latest dungeons unlocked more easily and the campaigns facilitated once you already achieve it with your main. It is so boring to do the same contents ad nauseam.

As for the AD income increase, I don't agree because it is easy to access to T2 even at the current stage: you basically dress up your toons with the gear that was dropped by your main, put a few R8 enchants. Then you transfer your bondings to boost your stats and you are ready to go (even if you don't have any campaign boons).
    Anyway I don't have the time to farm AD with all my toons (and I have only 3) and I think only motivated players can do that on regular basis.