test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future Campaign Idea

valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
For a campaign zone, for this, I have no idea, but for the overall story arc and items, lets go with this. The last we saw of DeVir, he seemed to take charge of the fragmented Cult of Elemental Evil (Fire). He was also plotting some revenge against Makos. Of course, Makos died, but as all know in D&D, death isn't the end. Celeste tried resurrecting him, but failed, now we go to see why.

DeVir has captured his soul, maybe with the blessing/assistance of Makos's Warlock benefactor. DeVir has also fully taken over the Cults of Elemental Evil and united them into a strong force, resurging them into a formidable force. It is time to confront them once again. Maybe they are crafting those dreaded Orbs of Devestation. At the end of the story mode of the Campaign, you free Makos.

When Elemental Evil was announced, I remember an old D&D Module(s) called Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. Never played it, but was excited for a new dungeon that might combine all of the Elements. This would be the time to create said Temple. DeVir seemed to throw out a new name as his benefactor, so for boss fights, I would suggest this. First boss fight, Gar Shatterkeel, Marlos Urnrayale, Vanifer, and Aerisi Kalinoth all at once. I don't think I've really seen this in a dungeon. Second boss, DeVir. And third boss you face Devir's benefactor.
The visuals for this dungeon could end up being quite impressive, as well as possibly challenging to have the 4 boss type/level fights at once.

This would tie up a few loose threads from both the Elemental Evil Campaign and Maze Engine.