test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental evil & conqueror shards

wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
So, it's that time again... my guild leader sent out the call to farm conqueror shards for the next upgrade. So I start working the HE's in Elemental evil zones while I sit in the PvP queue. First day 3 HE's. 2nd day - 6, day 3, 9 HE's... When exactly did the conqueror shards get removed from the rewards for these zones?!? Don't get me wrong... I appreciate the elemental aggregates & unified elements. Makes upgrading proffessions so much cheaper/faster. But!!! I really need the conq. shards! 2 -3 PvP matches a day for a week & I've managed ONE lousy shard. Please fix this!

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Conqueror Shards were HE rewards? Since when?

If you do the top box in the EE campaign you can get 2 Conq Shards from the reward box.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Do you only get these shards when guilded? I must have farmed several hundred HE's in Spinewood for the air weapons and never got one.
    Conqueror Shards are only for guilds, yes. The source of them is the Master of Coin when you do a PvP task for her.

Other than that, they are a reward option in the final EE task "Resisting" and Bruenor's final Maze Engine task. The EE one can pay out 2 shards. Bruenor's can pay out 10.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The OP might be referring to the Elemental Cult Cache, which used to drop Shards as well? Not sure though. Even if, going for Gauntlgrym Bounty from the Maze Engine campaign is the better option. That being said, both are lousy rewards for repeating the daily tasks...​​
    Not really. It's more of a bonus on top of the 5 days worth of XP and RP from doing the daily.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    A bit OT, but I scratched Maze Engine from the daily task list a long time ago. Unless you really only have one character, it's much better to run Stronghold, Dread Ring, Sharandar on alts.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Conqueror Shards were HE rewards? Since when?

If you do the top box in the EE campaign you can get 2 Conq Shards from the reward box.

Yeah you get them from the end, but for a while they were dropping as a reward from the optional HE quests you could pick up from an NPC by the campfires. 6 months go, It's the only way my guild was able to update, I guess the barracks. I know it wasn't from the end reward quest, because I haven't finished EE or underdark yet... :( A week ago when the call went out for Conq. shards, I started running the HE's & after several attempts, the best reward you could get was elemental aggregate, or unified elements! I was so gutted.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't know why you think you were getting Conq shards as a random HE reward, but they come from the repeatable task after finishing EE. A pathetic amount, truly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia