test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadouts: Change mount insignias

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
The loadouts should include mount insignias.
Unlike enchantments, they are free to slot in and out.
I cannot think of any reason why insignias should not be a part of a loadout.
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zeusom said:

I cannot think of any reason why insignias should not be a part of a loadout.

The reason is that they tried to incorporate some of the things that were left out, had trouble with the systems implementation, and decided to release it the way it was for the benefits it would give, rather than hold it back indefinitely.

They're not leaving those items out just to be mean to players.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    Although, hopefully they will continue to try and improve the system with such features after release. Hopefully.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Although, hopefully they will continue to try and improve the system with such features after release. Hopefully.

Yes, I hope they continue to wrestle with it, because I also really want it to be able to cope with mounts, companions, and enchants.

It just irritates me to see "there's no reason not to", when the reason is they tried and couldn't get it done in a reasonable amount of time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Yes, I hope they continue to wrestle with it, because I also really want it to be able to cope with mounts, companions, and enchants.

It just irritates me to see "there's no reason not to", when the reason is they tried and couldn't get it done in a reasonable amount of time.
    And they actually communicated this to us like a good, responsive dev team should.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    asterdahl said:

Were enchant slots just difficult to implement for some reason???

That is correct. Unfortunately, due to the way the slotting of enchantments is handled on the backend, supporting enchantment swapping in the loadout system would be very difficult. This is also why companions and mounts are not included in the system. On the backend mount powers and insignia are handled very much like enchantments.

It's not impossible that down the road we may re-examine supporting these systems in loadouts, but—just so expectations are not set—we currently have no plans on the horizon. When we discussed the option of delaying the loadout system indefinitely until we could support all systems; or releasing it with the current suite of systems accounted for, we chose the later as I think many of us will still get plenty of use out of what is currently supported.

from

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229624/official-feedback-thread-loadouts/p1

in the middle of the page
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i just cant see a way to let automatic enchantment swapping work to be honest
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

i just cant see a way to let automatic enchantment swapping work to be honest

I think one solution was suggested somewhere on the forums: re-code the enchantment slots to be associated with a gear slot rather than an actual piece of gear.

This would be akin to just having additional "gear enchantment slots" similar to how we have armor and ring slots now.

But as has been suggested, that's no small undertaking and it would have the potential to introduce many issues (as do most big systems changes).

That said, we should keep asking for it. No plans on the horizon so far, but we've seen evidence that polite, constructive, and consistent community feedback can be incorporated in feature planning. Adding Mounts, Companions, Enchantments, and Artifact Powers to Loadouts would be amazing, not only as a QoL improvement but also as a way to enable PvE / PvP build swapping, and open up a lot of flexibility / creativity in the viable niche build space.

It would be so cooooooool
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Would like this, though I understand why it didn't happen. What I would also like is the ability to have mount power bonuses switch with loadouts. Irritating to have to switch between my snail and landshark and nightmare bonuses depending on what I'm doing, while everything else is included in the loadout.