test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defense slots..

andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
What enchantments are the long time rogues using in defense slots to survive? I've read defense stat is useless for the class but didn't add what was best, I'm suddenly getting hammered in river district after replacing the very old artifact weapons (that healed when taking a hit every 30 seconds) with twisted set which I only just got after all this time. Deflect looks nice but doubt it can get to a high enough point? So that leaves just life steal but a big hit will make that useless. I'm pretty sure I have some of every event enchantment and 120 preserve wards saved up.

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2017

What enchantments are the long time rogues using in defense slots to survive? I've read defense stat is useless for the class but didn't add what was best, I'm suddenly getting hammered in river district after replacing the very old artifact weapons (that healed when taking a hit every 30 seconds) with twisted set which I only just got after all this time. Deflect looks nice but doubt it can get to a high enough point? So that leaves just life steal but a big hit will make that useless. I'm pretty sure I have some of every event enchantment and 120 preserve wards saved up.

my sabo tr had 80% deflect chance so yes you can bring it high enough.
    i would go silvery + stronghold hp boon
    and azures in your active companion
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Well TR is squishy in PVE no matter what you use in defense slots. High deflect is nice but PvE focused TR cant reach a high number. I suggest Darks in def slots, it should provide enough Life steal and Defense or HP guild boon. In RD use Smoke Bomb to cc mobs, activate ITC when Smoke ends, go into Stealth and wait a sec or two and then use Dazing Strike. After that Smoke bomb should be ready again if they are still standing.
    Our best defense is high offense, kill 'em all before they can hurt you.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Well, I always used silvery on defensive slots, and never regret it.
    rayrdan said:

my sabo tr had 80% deflect chance so yes you can bring it high enough.
    i would go silvery + stronghold hp boon
    and azures in your active companion

How did you manage to get that %deflect? o.O my max was always around 60%, but I have only rank9-10 silverys

Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I need to get a few double slot rings for my air archon (and upgrade it a few times) before getting more slots there, I have the stronghold HP boon which is very nice. 20% life steal would be nice , when it activates with my current 4% my hp shoots back up nicely. I now have 2 insignia bonuses the gave 3% and 1.5% health on a critical hit over 4 seconds which isn't much. Time to work on those silvery enchantments I have quite a few rank 7 and plenty of wards. Thanks. I would upload an image of my current stats (while companions bonus is active) but it doesn't seem be to working.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

I need to get a few double slot rings for my air archon (and upgrade it a few times) before getting more slots there, I have the stronghold HP boon which is very nice. 20% life steal would be nice , when it activates with my current 4% my hp shoots back up nicely. I now have 2 insignia bonuses the gave 3% and 1.5% health on a critical hit over 4 seconds which isn't much. Time to work on those silvery enchantments I have quite a few rank 7 and plenty of wards. Thanks. I would upload an image of my current stats (while companions bonus is active) but it doesn't seem be to working.

search imgur on google and upload it there.
    then post the link here if you want
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    my companion has 2 defense slots in rings. One has a silver and the other a dark, both R10. 3x Rank 12 bonding..
    i have the deflect feat, and the life steal feat..
    I use ITC.
    one of my Dragon boons is the 5% LS..
    Im working on some savage? enchants. (LS+Dlct)
    Just started using shadowclad R9. I like it this far. Think ill get it to 12

Once guild gets Lifesteal boon, im dropping Defense boon for it, and switching all LS enchants to deflect.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I have 30+% life steal when my rank 12 bondings proc, and that's enough to not worry about damage (solo'ing RD). To be honest, if you have over 100k health I don't think you should be one shot there...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Champion of Algondar vault boss can do well over that. He one shot one of my characters (CW) who has 128k HP. That's the worst I've seen though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I like to use vicious enchants in all my defense slots. I'm not in a big guild with the big life steal boon, so I can't put everything into deflect. Vicious enchants let me beef up my life steal and give me a nice boost to my deflect at the same time.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User

I have 30+% life steal when my rank 12 bondings proc, and that's enough to not worry about damage (solo'ing RD). To be honest, if you have over 100k health I don't think you should be one shot there...

Not dying in one hit but there are a lot of times where enemies have ranged shots that can't be seen, I was in a crypt with a group of the blue creatures while staying away from the red circles and evading like crazy I was taking constant hits while my abilities were hitting constant numbers but still couldn't survive it more than 2 or 3 seconds. Recorded a clip and watched it but still don't see what was happening. When the event with the vicious enchantments came out I got excited but pretty much only got 3 or 4 of those so never bothered. 135,000+ HP currently. 42 coffer of enchantments saved up, hoping for a few coal wards at least. Blur's ability combo sounds effective, I've always started a fight going into stealth, throwing 3 daggers and then smoke bomb with the last hit of stealth so every hit is critical from smoke bomb, time to mix it up!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This is what you need...
    Stealth... smoke bomb... dazing strike.... shadow strike....

Lifesteal 20% +
    94k hp+

Daily - bloodbath

Duelist fury
    Gloaming and permanent stealth if your hp is too low.

1 stealth, smoke bomb, duelist flurry on the tough mobs, dazing strike , flurry, shadow strike to hide

Offensive, radiant
    Utility dark
    Defensive dark
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Depending on the dig site, I'd complete the first four add sets with stealthed dazing, smoke, ITC and DF them down. For the final set, if it was the large fire guys or a boss, I'd stealthed WoB, stealthed dazing, then usual SB, ITC, DF.
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Deflect.. Get your LS to a respectable amount. Your first final boon for well of dragons should be LS, not crit Sev..
    Like 20-25% LS is fine.. then pour on the deflect.
    My guild just his 20 and should get LS soon. Once that happens, its full on deflect, while using shadowclad, and ITC.