test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Dragonflight = Vanity of Dragonflight???

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
My Control Wizard has just upgraded his Dragonflight Raid Cap to the Elemental version through Black Ice Profession, but it also became dyed with Vanity of the Dragonflight. Is this normal?

I thought only the stats and item level would change.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When you 'upgrade' an item using professions, what the game is actually doing is consuming your old item and giving you a new one with whatever defaults the devs set it up with. The Elemental DF items come with a dye, so you got a dyed item. If you had kits or transmutes, then those would be gone.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think all or nearly all elemental infusions result in a dyed item with a predetermined dyepack. Like Pitshade says, you wouldn't have gotten to keep an existing dye job anyway. If you don't like the dye applied by the game, it's easy enough to change or remove.

Never customize any armor you intend to upgrade via crafting.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    That's disappointing, i mean: there's no where inside the game saying that Elemental Infusion (through Black Ice Profession) is gonna automatically dye your Dragonflight gear. I was so happy that all my gear matched colors, but now my head piece has a darker blue lol
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Re-dye it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Re-dye it.

Actually i want to un-dye it XD

But i don't think that's possible :/

At least i hope all my other pieces get dyed with the same stuff (Vanity of the Dragonflight) after i put them through Elemental Infusion. It would be weird the helmet dyed with Vanity, the bracelets with Pride and boots with Treachery lol
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

greywynd said:

Re-dye it.

At least i hope all my other pieces get dyed with the same stuff (Vanity of the Dragonflight) after i put them through Elemental Infusion. It would be weird the helmet dyed with Vanity, the bracelets with Pride and boots with Treachery lol
    Dye Remover

Enjoy. :)

zebular said:

greywynd said:

Re-dye it.

Dye Remover

Enjoy. :)

Thank you! I didn't even know there was such thing LOL
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2017

That's disappointing, i mean: there's no where inside the game saying that Elemental Infusion (through Black Ice Profession) is gonna automatically dye your Dragonflight gear. I was so happy that all my gear matched colors, but now my head piece has a darker blue lol

It does. In blackice profession, the output product tells you what you will get is dyed.
    You provided the input including your gear, blackice, UE, etc.
    You get the output.
    They are all shown.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

It's not random dye. All pieces for a class will come out with matching dye colours applied. But as Zeb pointed out, dye remover is also a solution.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia