test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Merging obsolete characters when loadouts go in.

ceroiscerois Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi, first time poster, long time reader.

first let me say I love the new loadout change coming.

However, with this change it has left me in a very annoying situation.

I have created several pairs of characters in different classes in order to play different builds. In particular I have a ranged ranger, and a melee ranger. I have millions of AD worth of equipment and companions invested on each. With loadouts coming, it seems its not really a very practical way to play anymore. So I was wondering if it might not be possible to move my equipment and companions from one character to the other. I don't even care that much about most of the equipment (other then annoyance at the expense), but there are several pieces and companions that aren't really replaceable, so just moving those half dozen things would be great.

Comments

• waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Ah that would be great wouldnt it. I dont see it happening tho
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The Devs in a recent livestream mentioned work on an unbinding token in the Zen store. It will take BtC items and make them BtA. I am presuming that they will be BtA/BoE like the new dungeon drops. Otherwise, we know that they won't be in mod 11.5. I think the biggest question becomes pricing. Will it be low to encourage impulse buying or high? Naturally, I hope for the former.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Why? You can use them for professions.
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The Devs in a recent livestream mentioned work on an unbinding token in the Zen store. It will take BtC items and make them BtA. I am presuming that they will be BtA/BoE like the new dungeon drops. Otherwise, we know that they won't be in mod 11.5. I think the biggest question becomes pricing. Will it be low to encourage impulse buying or high? Naturally, I hope for the former.

Unbinding tokens? Yeah, depends on the price. Only for items or for companions and/or mounts also?

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    While I don't believe there is an immediately solution to your situation, it is worth raising to the Devs as an example of "unbind token" utility so I'll make sure this gets highlighted to them.
  • ceroiscerois Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the help.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I remember this being mentioned in the stream as well. Details were limited or held back but it sounded good for the future!