test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aura of Solitude

Can anyone confirm if your companion (non-augment) still counts as an ally? Does this only work with an augment still? All the info I can find is from 2015.

What about random people not in your group?

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    According to Sharpedge's compendium yes it does count - there hasn't been an update to this aspect. I suspect players not in your group also count as they are regarded as 'friendlies' but I've not bothered testing it as I use a normal companion.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    That would make this completely useless then.
  • Options
    bullrathbullrath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Anyone even use this Aura ?
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    bullrath said:

Anyone even use this Aura ?

Not that I know of, because:

That would make this completely useless then.

I suppose it's possible to run it if you are soloing with an augment in a low population instance :)
  • Options
    Yep it is completely useless and I've never heard of anyone using it - it should apply only to people you're in a team with and not include your companion. This was 'probably' its intention but it was very badly done.

@terramak @rgutscheradev

• Options
    Wow, I tested it yesterday, not that I didn't believe anyone, but wanted to confirm it worked at all and under what cases, and it does, as long as your companion in unsummoned.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    @fizgigtiznalkie#4436 did you go into a populated area? I haven't tested but I was curious if other PC's not in your group would cause it to stop working. Like if you ran into a HE with it on, solo without a companion.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    If it won't work with a companion then the analysis ends there for me. It is a no go.
  • Options
    No, I used the dummies in the stronghold, and yeah, what thrillk said, no reason to continue testing.
  • Options
    True, though I was curious if it would work in a "non-grouped" setting if you were running an augment. I don't actually run an augment, I was more just trying to figure out what the devs were thinking when they made that aura.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    There are literally two auras that should be used always - Courage and Wisdom, and couple more depending on situation - Life, Truth. Can we just ignore the existance of other auras?
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    It is useful if you use courage aura+augment for soloing stuff, you can slot HP on augment and suconsequently increasing aura of courage, if you are justice the cooldown will be useless between fights unless they take a lot of time, it's practically useless, just practically, we did complain when OP got the rework though but nothing was changed XD.

• Options
    I must say, I've never actually tried testing what it's running without Wisdom. I swap out courage for truth or prot if the team is having a hard time surviving but I've always used Wisdom...

• Options
    A lot of the time I run with people who have maxed DC sigils as their main artifacts or we have a DC in the group as well (don't ask, we are probably the only guild that is almost all tanks and healers so we end up with many healers in a group if we want to play together) - because of the redundancy I tend to run courage/truth or courage/vengeance. If I'm with pugs I'll put wisdom back on and run Courage/Wisdom

• Options
    haden42eehaden42ee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    My Prot Justice OP still runs with owlbear cub (as summoned augment) and uses courage and solitude for solo content. It feels okay, though obviously bondings on a debuff pet would be more effective (and free up the aura slot).
  • Options
    darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    More or less, it's a PvP Aura an combo with (Stem the tide) when hold a node.
  • Options
    bashaho#2614 bashaho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I want to bring this subject back to life since we are getting all these patches lately. Can Aura of solitude be fixed so it works with companions and not other players. It would be great for solo questing and help get through solo play better. If you use a ranged companion like (Lillend) you can get AOS to work and it does wonders for solo play. But you don't get combat advantage due to pet being far away. Which is a tolerable trade off because to use combat advantage you have to place yourself on the opposite side of the companion and does not work as good as AOS for solo play. (PLEASE FIX)
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Just add to the list of the multitude of class powers, feats and abilities that need to be looked at and adjusted. AoS is one, but NOT the only one.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, I would be against that change. The 21% damage is significant as it stands. Were it to be allowed with a bonded companion, it would give the devs reason to nerf powershare more.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    hirogarde said:

Honestly, I would be against that change. The 21% damage is significant as it stands. Were it to be allowed with a bonded companion, it would give the devs reason to nerf powershare more.

I was thinking more along the lines of a broader rework of our lesser used powers and abilities. With respect to AoS I wouldn't mind if they reduced the damage a bit but allowed if to work with a companion active so long as you're not teamed. Its less than optimal as it stands now.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac