test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add item to Zen Store - Bag Space Upgrade!

fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Pretty simple, I don't really see the point in buying runic bags to replace 24/30 slot bags I already have since I can't sell the old ones. But I would like to be able to max out my inventory. Solution?

Put an item in the Zen market that upgrades bag space. 500 Zen for 6 slots (so it's still cheaper to buy a Runic bag if you want it all at once, 6 slots in a Runic are ~250 Zen, should level the playing field between buying Runic's and upgrading the ones you have), up to the current max (with Runic introduction, 36 slots) per bag. Make it an item that is delivered unbound to your inventory (people interested in buying Zen items to sell can make a buck here I'm sure). Make it so that in order to use it, you must collapse the bag you wish to apply it to, then apply it like an armor reinforcement kit (solves any potential weird coding issues from having a bag "open" whilst update is applied.

You make money, I get more bag space without having old bags cluttered around or discarded, or having to discard something I spent money on previously, people who can afford to/want to buy Runic bags aren't discouraged from doing so, people who can only afford $5-$10 per month on the game can make meaningful progress on Zen Market upgrades without having to wait a couple months.

Comments

• Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I would rather have the ability to purchase additional tabs for bags. It would make it easier to sort items.

Or have a bag exchange. Trade your old bag in for a better bag for an "upgrade" fee.

What I would really like is for the bags to be BTA once equipped. This would allow us to give the bag to another character when it is no longer needed.

Added note: The "free" bags you receive for doing missions would of course have to remain BTC to prevent creating new characters to harvest bags.
    Post edited by omegarealities#7219 on
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback Omega. While I agree with all of those points, I think there's a good market opportunity to be had for them if they implement the upgrade option. My goal here is a cheap solution for them (relatively few dev hours committed) for a reasonable payout long term, in exchange for QoL improvements. They seem to need the help with marketing strategies lol.
  • Options
    extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Here is another idea...why not incorporate bag upgrades into Master crafting for Tailoring and Leatherworking?
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    The idea is not that you buy a bag with 24 slots for 10$,
    and then upgrade it to a 36 slot bag for 5$.

From an economic point of view it is much better for the shareholders if you buy a 24 slot bag for 10$,
    then (try to) trash that bag and buy a 36 slot bag for 15$

So, don't expect to see an upgrade or "more place for bags".
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    The bags wouldn't be so bad if they didn't fill with quest items. I lose half a dozen slots running around SOMI until I turn in the quests. Why does the bear skin quest piece and the bear skins take two spots anyway? Since they are doing this to us they may as well offer larger bags or another solution.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

The bags wouldn't be so bad if they didn't fill with quest items. I lose half a dozen slots running around SOMI until I turn in the quests. Why does the bear skin quest piece and the bear skins take two spots anyway? Since they are doing this to us they may as well offer larger bags or another solution.

Feel free to discard the bear skin granting quest piece after accepting the quest.
    Same goes for the troll quest and the imp quest, probably also for the giants food quest in SOMI.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options

The idea is not that you buy a bag with 24 slots for 10$,
    and then upgrade it to a 36 slot bag for 5$.

From an economic point of view it is much better for the shareholders if you buy a 24 slot bag for 10$,
    then (try to) trash that bag and buy a 36 slot bag for 15$

So, don't expect to see an upgrade or "more place for bags".

Cool feedback bro. Small flaw in your reasoning though, it'd be buying a 24 slot back for $10, spending $5 to upgrade it to 30, then $5 to upgrade it to 36. So yea, it wouldn't make them as much money if everyone did it. But here is the thing, most people aren't going to do it, so they are losing potential revenue by not having alternate paths. But I think you've missed a pretty big point, people who only have a few bucks a month to spend on the game will very likely upgrade the free 12 slot bags slowly over time, which would cost more in the long run and offset the potential $5 loss from people not discarding 24 slot bags to buy 36 slot bags, as opposed to how it is now where people with little cash to spend don't bother buying bags with cash bought zen anyways.

Kindly tailor your feedback to be helpful and constructive, statements such as your last line in the above comment have no place in constructive conversation.