test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Control Powers?

Looking at a respec on my GF and since the objective is Tactician primary, I'm looking at the associated feats and since Crushing Pin is a group buff, based on my "Control Powers" I thought, "hmm... which of the powers does that mean exactly?"

I had a trawl through the tinterweb, and found a few people who had asked this question in the past, but had never really gained a satisfactory answer (if they even got an answer) the usual being a sort of vague, "err... powers that control the target".

Can anyone list a specific set of powers that trigger the feats like Crushing Pin?

Much appreciated in advance.

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Looking at a respec on my GF and since the objective is Tactician primary, I'm looking at the associated feats and since Crushing Pin is a group buff, based on my "Control Powers" I thought, "hmm... which of the powers does that mean exactly?"

I had a trawl through the tinterweb, and found a few people who had asked this question in the past, but had never really gained a satisfactory answer (if they even got an answer) the usual being a sort of vague, "err... powers that control the target".

Can anyone list a specific set of powers that trigger the feats like Crushing Pin?

Much appreciated in advance.

Crushing Pin procs off:

Flourish
    Guarded Assault with offhand bonus
    Knee Breaker (only procs off the initial kicking hitbox)
    Bull Charge
    Griffon’s Wrath
    Crescendo
    Line Breaker Assault
    Frontline Surge
    Terrifying Impact
    Lunging Strike with Powerful Strike feat
    Indomitable Strength

Oddly enough, it also shows up when using Chromatic Storm lightning and Aura of Despair (Mod 11 boon).

I think this is all of them I can think of at the moment. I might have missed some, or some of them don't work (ex: Anvil + Terrifying Menace doesn't work)

• Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Thanks a lot.
    Pretty much what I thought, but that off hand bonus on guarded assault gives me pause for thought.
    I'd pretty much decided to leave Crushing Pin in favour of Shield Defence off the Protector feats.

Any idea how well that offhand bonus plays out in a real scenario?
    Guarded Assault is pretty much constant via any attacks you take, does Crushing pin have a cool-down? I know its only three second duration, but if I can get it to proc off Guarded Assault... I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more impressive that offhand bonus sounds
    I don't imagine that it stacks... ;)
  • Options

Thanks a lot.
    Pretty much what I thought, but that off hand bonus on guarded assault gives me pause for thought.
    I'd pretty much decided to leave Crushing Pin in favour of Shield Defence off the Protector feats.

Any idea how well that offhand bonus plays out in a real scenario?
    Guarded Assault is pretty much constant via any attacks you take, does Crushing pin have a cool-down? I know its only three second duration, but if I can get it to proc off Guarded Assault... I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more impressive that offhand bonus sounds
    I don't imagine that it stacks... ;)

I could ACT the hits, but the issue is that the uptime via GA offhand bonus varies based off the rate at which you get hit. And I really don't feel like doing it for every dungeon in the game.

In practice, on mobs, they touch me once and then my teammates kill them all. On bosses, I found Pin up quite a bit on some bosses (SKT Manticores, Orcus, or EToS boss 1) whereas others had poor Pin uptime (FBI Dragon Turtle, Storvald, or Demogorgon). Really, I don't expect it to be up 24/7, but I consider it a nice bonus nonetheless.

Since you're skipping Crushing Pin, if you're into debuffs, you might want to consider the Enhanced Mark + offhand bonus for the ease of use (slap the GF's class mechanic mark on everything, easy debuff).

• Options
    That's what I'm currently using and was, coincidentally, the subject of my next question.
    Does the bonus only work on the "Hard" mark from the RB, or does it work with Enforced Threat? TBH its the Power that came with the Shield... if it works with ET then no question... I'm keeping it,
  • Options
    You can only activate the offhand bonus with the GF's class mechanic (I don't own an XBone, so I'm assuming Right Bumper activates the class mechanic, such as the GF's mark or GWF's Unstoppable).

If you plan to use Enhanced Mark + the offhand bonus, you might want to get used to spamming the mark button.

• Options
    I have been... recently I only tend to use ET when soloing and with groups at around the same level as me. The aggro doesn't seem to make much difference if there's a 3.5k GWF ruling Demo or EToS.
    I have to admit though, I've been running him as a solo character for so long and I've gotten used to that AoE damage from ET.