test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bound By Light and Impassioned Pleas Feats

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Citadel
Hey guys

A couple of questions someone may know the answer to:

I was having a read of @thefabricant 's old pally guide and he tested Impassioned Pleas and found it didn't improve Divine Call at all. That was about 15 months ago and I've had a search to see if there was ever a fix but didn't find one. Has anyone tested it recently to see if it was ever fixed?

Als, Bound By Light - this wasn't shown as tested but I currently have 5 points in it but it doesn't reflect on my stats. Does anyone know if this is bugged at all? Running TW & BL means that a boost to CC can be handy with trash mobs and I find the alternative feat choice of Swift Flash to be kinda 'meh'...
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
Post edited by armadeonx on

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I asked about Impassioned Pleas, and someone said it is "working" but that it didn't make much of a difference. I have Bound by Light rather than Swift Flash. A 10% control strength sounds meh to a lot of folks (I believe it means a 1 second stun last 1.1 second), but I find it really helpful to get a fully charge Burning Light after popping TW. That is just me, it seems better than Swift Flash; if I want to get somewhere faster, I just use radiant strike rather than get hit and then run faster; besides, as an OP I want to be getting into the fight faster, not running away from it.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yes, I find the general principle of Swift Flash to be at odds with how the Pally works, whilst Bound By Light is more in-line with it. The issue is that is doesn't add any points in the two control strength fields on your stats and makes me wonder if it's bugged?

On Impassioned Pleas, Thefabricant said:

"I spent about 30 minutes testing this ability and have come to the conclusion it does nothing, for either dev or prot. My methodology was to do a full respec and take off all gear except for a weapon with no weapon enchantment, then to spec feats up till impassioned pleas and then to spam divine call 3 times so it was empty and then bash dummies with the same at will and count how many hits it took to full all 3 pips. After doing this with and without impassioned pleas, I can safely say the feat does nothing. If anyone has any information to contradict me here, please say so. However, due to these results, I would recommend not using this feat."

It's about 15 months old but you can see his guide here

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I prefer Swift Flash just for soloing, getting through mobs faster when they are attacking me (which I don't care because that only tickles) is nice. I feel that control strength is wasted, most of dungeon mobs are more or less CC immune, we don't have CC encounters that would make a difference like HR or CW, while those mobs who can be stunned outside of dungeons are not a real threat.
    I find that chaining between TW & BL I can prevent mobs from landing most of their hits on players in the group and whilst I agree the length of the stun is negligible, I find it a better option to SF. When soloing I generally just Radiant Strike/TW any mobs in the way and they are dead.

Admittedly it's a case of choosing between two less than ideal options but the community in general benefits if we at least know which feats work and which don't. :D

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I asked about Impassioned Pleas about a week ago, and here was the feedback: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228834/impassioned-pleas-does-it-even-work

Recent testing says it works, but that it is negligible.

Thanks to Michela123 for the recent testing.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    This is Templar's Wrath +Binding Oath + Smite without and with Impassioned Pleas:

haha yeah that's pretty ridiculous, I think I can use those points elsewhere ;)

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Small difference. I feel that feat should have an additional zero. I have 1 point in it because my recharge speed is good. I don't know if 2% extra recharge speed would work out better than this.
    I did a respec last night and removed the 3 points from Impassioned Pleas.

I now have 3 pts in Weapon Mastery & 1 in Wrathful Strikes. I also took 2 points out of Prism (following my own previous advice) and put 1 in Beacon of Hope (it's there to proc the outgoing healing, not to actually do much healing) and 1 in Purifying Fire because well, why not lol.

So far I do notice a little slow down in Divine Call gain but it's not serious. I do feel that my dps has bumped upward slightly but the real test of course will be in a dungeon.