test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does loadout work?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
I cannot figure that out. How do you switch??
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    I think the Loadout feature is currently broken.

I seem able to name my current configuration, and I seem able to save it into the one and only empty slot, however, nothing I do will actually load any configuration that was previously saved.

I guess one clue it is broken might be all the "Untranslated Token" strings instead of actual helpful information. I guess something went wrong with the patch somewhere that broke the feature?

Also, it looks like we will be able to buy loadout slots for Zen, however, there are no loadout slots available on the Zen Market, which is another reason I think the feature may be currently broken.

@samaka#2511
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    i seem to have read this feature was in preparation, not ready yet...
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    All I can get it to do is remove some items. Also it only works on some of my characters and not others. Definitely not "ready for prime time" as they used to say.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    As far as I understood from preview, it was not supposed to get to live yet ...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Right. Moreover, do not expect to see it in 11.5 - Loadouts will probably appear in M12.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

As far as I understood from preview, it was not supposed to get to live yet ...

That is correct.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The feature works, but it is tricky. Here is how you can get it to work.

Go to Manage Loadouts, and then rename them both (you get 2 slots, one current and one saved, and they switch back and forth). Think of it as having a "Current" profile slot and a "Saved" profile slot, and they change back and forth.

So say you name one MAIN GEAR and one XP Gear. Select the MAIN Gear one, and add the pieces of equipment you wish to use to your toon. This saves it. THEN, go to the XP gear profile and add THAT gear. This again automatically saves it.

You will now be able to change between these sets of gear and it works pretty well. The only downsides are, you still have to store the second set of gear (most games allow you to not have to store the gear, its stored in the character screen) and the current gear is dropped randomly in your bag as opposed to being swapped in position with the stored gear.

So you can get it to work, but its not self explanatory and was not ready for prime time. I have no idea yet what all is tied to the Loadout. It may be gear, gear and powers, gear and powers and boons, etc. Will play more and try to find out but it definitely works.
    Hmm, I will have to check into this further then... I did manage to name two profiles, and switched around some powers in one loadout, but NOT gear, but selecting either loadout entry didn't change any powers. Maybe it's only working for gear?

Obviously, this new feature wasn't ready for release... why am I not surprised it was released anyways? :disappointed:

Also... why "loadout", that seems an odd name to select for presets does it not?

Hmm, a google search reveals this definition: (originally military) The set of objects to be carried into battle; all that one needs for a specific purpose.

Well, I guess that works then! :)

@samaka#2511
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited February 2017

The feature works, but it is tricky. Here is how you can get it to work.

Go to Manage Loadouts, and then rename them both (you get 2 slots, one current and one saved, and they switch back and forth). Think of it as having a "Current" profile slot and a "Saved" profile slot, and they change back and forth.

So say you name one MAIN GEAR and one XP Gear. Select the MAIN Gear one, and add the pieces of equipment you wish to use to your toon. This saves it. THEN, go to the XP gear profile and add THAT gear. This again automatically saves it.

You will now be able to change between these sets of gear and it works pretty well. The only downsides are, you still have to store the second set of gear (most games allow you to not have to store the gear, its stored in the character screen) and the current gear is dropped randomly in your bag as opposed to being swapped in position with the stored gear.

So you can get it to work, but its not self explanatory and was not ready for prime time. I have no idea yet what all is tied to the Loadout. It may be gear, gear and powers, gear and powers and boons, etc. Will play more and try to find out but it definitely works.

I kind of doing something similar last night before I posted this question.
    A set of my gear (all 5 + 2 rings) have a funny symbol on it.
    I already renamed both slot (Combat and XP).

How do you 'add'?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited February 2017
    Oh... so that strange little tab like symbol on some of my icons is the loadout overlay?

Note, that I have never actually tried to save gear with loadouts, just some of my fashion icons and potions icons in my inventory have these new overlay icons on them since the patch.

Though these new overlays are not terribly helpful when they put the overlay over an icon with a stack or usage counter on it, however.
    @samaka#2511
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Ahhh, I guess that's what happened to the couple of stacks of invoke "crowns" that I pulled out of quick slots yesterday.

I don't think anyone should devote terribly much time to cludging together ways of making this feature work for the time being, as it's likely going to be removed from the live UI in the near future (until it's actually ready).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited February 2017

Ahhh, I guess that's what happened to the couple of stacks of invoke "crowns" that I pulled out of quick slots yesterday.

I don't think anyone should devote terribly much time to cludging together ways of making this feature work for the time being, as it's likely going to be removed from the live UI in the near future (until it's actually ready).

Lets hope so... or we'll be stuck with new "loadout" threads being created every week until Mod 12! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

A pre-alpha, untested feature might also have nasty bugs lurking in its code. I wouldn't try to use it on a toon that has gear that I care about.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The loadouts... ate.. my... armor...
    I mean the dog ate my homework..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!