test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage Refuction of Auras

valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Hi guys

I'm trying to be a bit tougher for the epic dungeons I'm running in, so was trying to decide between aura of protection and truth.

Had anyone done the math? I can't figure out if it's be better for mobs to hit % less damage to the team or increase by % the DR of the group. Anyone know reduced the most overall damage?

Comments

• elbowmedic#6572 elbowmedic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's situational courage is on 100% then truth, wisdom, protection are swapped based on mobs and group. Build up your ap gain so you can spam your bubble. Or better yet get a DC battle buddy and run courage wisdom. If you have 2 you can make it look like a weird model of beryllium
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    This is what I do with very good success but it requires you know the group you are with

Well geared groups and trash mobs - courage and wisdom - we want to be more efficient and not be in there all day

Big boss, specifically Orcus or higher - truth and wisdom - this allows me to live a bit easier and take a moment out of rotation to pick someone up if needed.

Poorly geared groups - protection and wisdom - and lets hope you are not going with an under geared group to face orcus ;)

I combine these powers with circle of power for 25% Damage Resistance inside the circle and Shield of Faith which lasts longer than the old bubble and gives 30% less damage taken to allies. So I am providing 55% DR with these two, if that is not enough for trash mobs your group is in the wrong dungeon.

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

This is what I do with very good success but it requires you know the group you are with

Well geared groups and trash mobs - courage and wisdom - we want to be more efficient and not be in there all day

Big boss, specifically Orcus or higher - truth and wisdom - this allows me to live a bit easier and take a moment out of rotation to pick someone up if needed.

Poorly geared groups - protection and wisdom - and lets hope you are not going with an under geared group to face orcus ;)

I combine these powers with circle of power for 25% Damage Resistance inside the circle and Shield of Faith which lasts longer than the old bubble and gives 30% less damage taken to allies. So I am providing 55% DR with these two, if that is not enough for trash mobs your group is in the wrong dungeon.

Meh, I would use Wisdom/Courage all day. Courage is an amazing teamwide Storm Spell (not literally Storm Spell, but it's similar) and Wisdom's recharge speed bonus is simply amazing. The only time I would give these up is if another Paladin is currently running them.

Another trick I'd like to add is the fact that you can place an Absolution shield on everyone, swap out to another power, and the shield remains on everyone. You can even do this to yourself.

Currently, Aura of Truth is oddly bugged. Its effective rank increases with points in Aura of Vengance, much like how the original Vow of Emnity was bugged and needed points in Divine Touch.

Lastly, in general, damage mitigation sources tend to be better than boosting the team's DR (because DR can be neutralized by enemy ArmorPen), but there's only so much you can do if your team is full of squishies.

• telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Courage and Wisdom... And then spam Circle of Power (encounter) and Shield of Faith (daily) constantly.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Meh, I would use Wisdom/Courage all day. Courage is an amazing teamwide Storm Spell (not literally Storm Spell, but it's similar) and Wisdom's recharge speed bonus is simply amazing. The only time I would give these up is if another Paladin is currently running them.

Same here. Courage is too good to swap for something else - more damage means faster killing and less time for mistakes. On Healadin I only swap Wisdom for Life in big instances like Tiamat, DF and T3 heroics.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Currently, Aura of Truth is oddly bugged. Its effective rank increases with points in Aura of Vengance, much like how the original Vow of Emnity was bugged and needed points in Divine Touch.

This is a point worthy of repeating in case anyone missed it.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Does Aura of Truth only need ranks in Aura of Vengeance to work? Or does it need Aura of Vengeance being slotted with Aura of Truth?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

Does Aura of Truth only need ranks in Aura of Vengeance to work? Or does it need Aura of Vengeance being slotted with Aura of Truth?
    You put 1 point into Truth to actually be able to equip it and you put 4 (or 3 if you lack PP) points into Vengance to level up the effect of Truth.

You can use Truth by itself, no need to equip into Vengance.