test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Guardian Fighter Becomes a Problem

Comments

• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I'm all for class diversity, play the class and spec you want to play. Don't let other discourage you from playing the character how you want to play it. The PUG community on the other hand expects protection along with the ability to hold Aggie from a tank. My only thing is just don't try to fill a role you can't fill. If you can't tank FBI or mSVA with a dps spec, work on it. If you can, good on you. Know the limits of your character.

The other thing to consider is the current status of AA. Once this power is fixed, I'm sure a lot of GF's will either fill a dps role or switch to a different paragon. The ones that can dps and tank in all content now probably won't change a thing.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

You said the same thing I said.. I help the ones I can. If i cant help them there's nothing I can do unless I can carry the pug. If i cant carry it, I quit and move on. No need to nerf an entire feat tree because of bad or inexperienced players is the point.

I was just emphasizing that it's not purely on everyone else to carry a bad tank. Tanks have a responsibility to not be a burden on their party (this is basically the reason their classes exist at all). If they're not up to at least working on that I'll kick them in an instant because "lf1m tank at Orcus" etc. gets a bajillion PMs along the lines of "me me me me".

I also never said anything about nerfs and frankly, conq isn't OP because of its feat tree. It's OP because GFs have high weapon damage and a few powers that let them take advantage of that. If conq was ever nerfed in a way that actually made a difference it would be a death sentence to GF barring a complete rework of the class.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I do agree with previous quotes and hope that soon there will be a rework of a Sentinel so he would FINALLY be a DPS-Tank, basically pretty much everything fellows want.
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User

> @isaintify1 said:

> Now I do not play either class currently (used to play GWF in the long past), and Ive noticed that GFs are doing way more damage than they should be. I do not mean to be "that guy" but I think the GF needs a nerf to its damage. Now I know I will offend most of the GFs with this post, but people who do have common sense will hopefully understand where I am coming from. GFs are meant to play their role and their class the way they are supposed to. Now having some damage is fine, because I know that playing with low damage can be tedious. As I play a heal paladin which has the lowest damage out of any character and spec. Guardians should not being pulling off the same damage as Great Weapon Fighters, Control Wizards, etc.

> Now normally I say more power to you for being able to do a lot of dps, but when it starts to turn out that 90% of the GFs are now running similar builds and are glass cannons it starts to affect dungeon parties. This is where I am starting to have issues with the DPS GFs. I have to end up tanking on my paladin because the GFs are all getting one shot by a boss. For example last night I ran a CN last night and the DPS was a bit low, but we had a decent GF who was 2nd the whole time on the board. Got to Orcus and he could not survive even one punch. He eventually left, and another GF came in. Another glass cannon who got wiped, and this process repeated 7 times before we got a true GF who could survive at least one punch. This is enough for me to buff and keep him alive, and finish the dungeon. But as you can see GFs are all trying to become the same as a GWF. If you are a GF and want to do damage just play a GWF because we need real tanks who can actually do something useful with themselves.

>

> Now I ask and appreciate if I do not get a bunch of angry people who are offended by this post and will "attack" me instead of actually discussing.

____

Nerfing the damage output would be a mistake. It is a factor that helps keep agro off of the higher DPS players. The fact that people are opting for DPS spec builds and can't tank is more of an issue of a player not using the class correctly.

I agree but, it can be the player's choice to not tank at all. Like mine xD
    I tank t1 and t2 dungeons because they are easy but I don't tank MSVA and FBI and I probably won't tank Spellplague Caverns since I'm not a tank after all. Like the other guy said above: play the role you want, the spec you want, the way you want.

If there was MSVA and FBI public queues, I'd never queue for them since people would expect me to tank and I can't do that.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    People seem to not be able to comprehend that I do not care about what roles you play, and that I want you to play however you want. That you all do not understand that I am saying is that the there are less and less good tanks now, and it seems more people are concerned about damage. Its the exact same thing that happened with Devoted Clerics because they would not buff others but only themselves.

Mod edit to Remove the last line. Let's avoid the right vs wrongs.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

People seem to not be able to comprehend that I do not care about what roles you play, and that I want you to play however you want. That you all do not understand that I am saying is that the there are less and less good tanks now, and it seems more people are concerned about damage. Its the exact same thing that happened with Devoted Clerics because they would not buff others but only themselves.
    Consistency.

My answer was not to you my dear
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017

I am sorry but I can't understand how you feel those are separate issues?

If people are focused on doing damage instead of tanking isn't that the same as saying they are not playing the role?
    In theory they could be playing a GF without the intention of being the tank but at that point a GF would be a detriment over taking a GWF in every way especially if there is not another GF in the party.

While I don't think people should be shoehorned into a specific build the GF is mechanically shoehorned into the specific role because the GF mechanics are all designed to generate more threat than other classes will. If there is more than one GF then one can be an off tank but it is highly unlikely (understatement?) that a GWF or Paladin will be able to hold aggro off of a GF that isn't doing far less than them.

While it takes skill you can, as others have said, use higher damage to generate threat to fill the role of a tank. Good GF's are focused on fulfilling the role whether they are a Conqueror/DPS build or a Defensive/Support build. In my experience the problem exists when the GF is more focused on doing damage than playing the tank.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    "The queue should let DPS classes queue as tanks and healers and healers and tanks to queue as DPS"

Totally agree man.
    GWf could q as tank since is nearly broken atm ,too much damage too much tankiness too much mobility.

this for destro ofcourse.Sent is a real tank,but i guess we will never see one to tank,since 99% of the GWfs want to DPS and tank at the same time.And use the old complain of Sent ,to get defensive buffs for their DPS toons.
    I never saw a video of a Sent tanking,even failing in this,cause none ever build one.But hypocricy has no limits :)
    Post edited by hypervoreian on
  • Options
    There is a game called WildStar and for each class it can take 1 or 2 roles just like most rpg games out there. As you play a class you can choose two roles and use a quick switch between different skills(encounters) anytime during a battle. Also the dungeon queues in WildStar you are able to "select your role you want to play" in the queue before the dungeon starts. This is a very nice feature that I think would solve a lot of issues for classes in Neverwinter if they had a similar sort of "option". What this does is people who choose the role to be a "tank" will be a tank, and a dps will be a dps. Or a mage and a healer, and the queue looks for others to fill the roles that are not already chosen.
  • Options

There is a game called WildStar and for each class it can take 1 or 2 roles just like most rpg games out there. As you play a class you can choose two roles and use a quick switch between different skills(encounters) anytime during a battle. Also the dungeon queues in WildStar you are able to "select your role you want to play" in the queue before the dungeon starts. This is a very nice feature that I think would solve a lot of issues for classes in Neverwinter if they had a similar sort of "option". What this does is people who choose the role to be a "tank" will be a tank, and a dps will be a dps. Or a mage and a healer, and the queue looks for others to fill the roles that are not already chosen.

You finally made a constructive post (Y)
  • Options
    edited February 2017

No ive made several, and if all you are gonna do is make posts like this please do not bother commenting back at all.

• Options

No ive made several, and if all you are gonna do is make posts like this please do not bother commenting back at all.

Like "GFs lost their minds"? Oh yes!
  • Options
    Powercreep and imbalance have made DPS players believing GF that tanking is needed,while in reality except FBI/mSVA,is not.

Now we have butthurt Paingiver-chasing GWFs who disregard other classes,visit their forums,write HAMSTER as always do,and ask for nerfs.

But for good or bad,GF has passed its balance situation,but poor "fragile" GWF has not....

I find that funny that even then almost a year after the GWf community started the GF nerf crusade ,there are some GWFs that continue their nerf crusade...but revenge will be sweet...just wait 2 months more...

Devs...swing the nerf bat please!!! Swing away!! :) \o/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c2jp8WyXms
  • Options
    edited February 2017

GF is far from balanced. It is OP in PVE and PVP, especially in PVP where it one-rotates players and then hides behind its shield til it can one-rotate again. No skill involved.

"No skill involved" Says the guy who brainlessly spams left button mouse as source of dps. Don't talk about skill when you play a GWF :smile:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    You are a troll ,you are saying this by yourself and take pride in it.It gives you pleasure to annoy people ,you think it is cool,while in reality it demonstrates how desperous DPS wise you are,cause if you are 4k GWF and you complain about DPS..man..you have a problem...

To the point now :

Gf is balanced , has a lot of builds .A HDPS Gf cannot tank,and a tank cannot HDPS.

Contrary to your cheesy class the GWf.let's not forget what you really want

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210609/looking-for-that-superman-gwf-build

"I have been playing GWF since Mod 2. I, for the life of me, cannot find a build like the one described by people that allows us to beat other classes who are 4k item level by 3 times the damage when we are 2-3k. "

This is what you want.You cry all day in the forums ,be relic weapons that you could not farm cause none would take you or you cry for GFs.The last you do for almost a year.

And while you want to nerf every class,you want for your broken class -for ever broken- to do 3x the damage of 4k classes while GWf is at 2k.

As for all the argumets of the GWf community it is all hamster ,you are broken since mod6.

But since GWF class is the introductory class in NW,something like kindergarden :) ,and you are noumerous and you cry all day and night,you avoided the nerf bat.

But not for long.Wait for two months more.

Cheers :)
    Post edited by hypervoreian on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

This is what you want.You cry all day in the forums ,be relic weapons that you could not farm cause none would take you or you cry for GFs.The last you do for almost a year.

Finally someone to tell the truth. Everytime I see a post from this guy on GF forum I laugh or I fight with myself not to answer his crying posts.

I told him politely 3 times in this topic. Gave him examples and told him about my toon. A simple sentence you used on your post "A HDPS GF can't tank and a Tank GF can't do HDPS". But he insists to ignore and cry.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210609/looking-for-that-superman-gwf-build

...Those builds are not THAT good to beat 4k toons by 3 times, and the builds are based on BIS. There is something else that I am missing. I NEED the build, ...

...2k does not have Trans this, Crit Sev that. The way it is described by others, it DOES NOT TAKE SKILL or gear. ....

.... Guess I have to do some testing, because I really am not putting out anywhere near the DPS described even by other GWFs.

....I basically got told I can't play and know nothing. I was asking for help.....

--------------

I hope you take it easy Defiant and no bad feelings :/ .I just posted what you posted.these are your words.
    Unfortunatelly for you...Verba volant, scripta manent...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You two are the ones crying. It is being pointed out that a tank is not a DPS class, IT IS A SUPPORT CLASS, and you refuse to understand that and defend something broken. Yes, a HDPS GF can tank, most of them just refuse to try. They instead chase Paingiver.

Do you understand about GF? Do you have one and actively play with one to make those statements? All of your answers are full of "I know everything".

I can't tank FBI and MSVA with 12k defense and 2k deflect. If I change my skills to Iron Warrior, Steel Defense or whatever, I'm going to do 200M damage in the end of a FBI run instead of 400M. Do you think 200M in FBI is a hdps toon? 200M in FBI, 110M in MSVA, for me are weak characters if they claim to be hdps.
    Maybe with the help of a very good dc and going totally defensive: blocking, using defensive skills, yeah I can tank...with 150-200M in the end of the run, that's not high dps, that's just average dps.
    If I go full dps, just like I do, I can do 400M, and that's what is expected from a hdps toon in FBI, but I CAN'T TANK going full dps and I CAN'T do hdps going tank.

Is that so difficult to understand that?

I believe we have different meanings for HDPS here. After running with my new guildies and with the best players from the game I realized some things. Like saying that 200M damage in FBI is HAMSTER, 100M damage in MSVA is HAMSTER, not a hdps.
    After you see the real capacity of a good player, you can measure what's expected from him.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    "It is being pointed out that a tank is not a DPS class, IT IS A SUPPORT CLASS"

it is pointed out?By whom? By you? By other GWFs?that after that they will go to their forum and complain they need buffs?

Dude ,conq tree of Gf is a pure DPS tree since beta man.
    And it is cause DnD dictates so.By sticking to use these words you just show to an average viewer that you are a WoW player ,with no experience in DnD lore and mechanics and you use jargon language? tanks? lol

There are not tanks in DnD man,there are defenders.tanks are in the army and in WoW...lol

get over it..

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Fighter

"n 4th edition, the Fighter is listed as a "Defender". His main purpose is to serve as a meatshield and prevent the enemies from getting close to the squishies behind them. Fighters do more single-target damage than any other class in the game that isn't a "Striker" (and in some cases can out-damage strikers, especially if they get a lot of opportunity attacks). "
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You guys just want to flame and refuse to see anything wrong. No use in talking to you at all.

No man, I don't want to flame. I take my account seriously and I don't want to get banned on the forums or the game.
    You are the one here and on other parts of the forums acting like you are the owner of the truth. Like you know everything.
    Every word that comes from you is full of "I know everything." "I'm a very good candidate to be a dev because I know a lot".
    I spent minutes of my life giving you big answers about doing dps and tanking at the same time not being possible and your sight is so monochromatic that your answer is like the answer of a Werewolf Red Talon (I'm like a stone, I never change) or just an old man that fails to accept changes or different things from their old minds. You never change, your sight is blinded and monochromatic and you can see only one thing "Green should be green".

I pointed you the case of many games having sword and board builds, even WoW, a sword and board dps build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQPt6zuZls

You can't say anything about this game, it's one of the most balanced games in existence, if not the most. The devs are real professionals. But I bet if you played this game you would say "The devs don't know what they are doing". Yes, they get thousands of dollars a month, running a game for more than 10 years, one of the most famous game in the world but no, you know more because a tank can't dps and that's it.

I'm not posting a video from every game I know, YOU KNOW sword and board builds exist in both MMORPGS, common rpg games and pen and paper rpgs, you are the one who fails to see that. In every game you trade survivability in exchange for damage, it's the same for D&D pen and paper and same here too. Like I said on my other posts, you CAN'T do hdps while tanking (unless you have 2 or 3 dcs with 20k recovery spamming AA, but any class can tank with AA spam, even a HR)

For God's Sake, type "sword and board build" on google and you will get 9.720.000 results from it.

How can you be so blind? I'm done talking to a red talon. I'm sure you won't research about red talons, but they are what I said, a "folk" who can't see and accept changes or different things from their old culture. They would never accept that the green could be blue, or that a man could marry another man.

"A tank is a tank" is your answer.

Do you know a dps-geared OP can do the same dps as a HDPS on FBI trash while really tanking even without a dc?

Anyway, this is my last reply to you. I can't change your monochromatic sight. Have a good night.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @ambisinisterr , how much more of this flaming and troll bait will you allow to pollute our GF forum before you will close it?
    No useful GF info is being shared. Same views repeated with insults over and over.
    You've sent me to the lower depths three times for asking but let the trollbait continue to fill.
    Close this thread please. Fourth request.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I can't tank FBI and MSVA with 12k defense and 2k deflect.

12k defence? Sry, but that´s by sure a question of 3x12 Azures (loyal avenger) and one SH boon :)
    8k defense + 3 x 2100 = 14.300 defense using 3x12 bondings+legendary companion
    Missed this discussion, but anyway I go for the tankrole and that´s what most player do because a tank is asked for.
    Nevertheless, nothing melts faster using ITF+KC+GW.
    If on xbox and PS4 lot´s of low level GF´s run conqueror, they are mislead imho. I can understand the pain they cause by queueing for CN as tank. That´s scrub behavior and it is legitime to press ignore.
    I also don´t think it is a "nobrainer" to be a good GWF under those "millions".
    Post edited by schietindebux on
This discussion has been closed.