test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HP cost to casting powers Class mechanic

laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but....
after playing the Paladin, both as protection and devotion ever since it was launched, i do have the feeling of missing the ''own sacrifice'' part that is usualy asociated with the Paladin class in other MMO'S.

Why it would be nice :
-as a class the Paladin focuses max HP

-as protection Paladin focuses building up temp HP and shields for survavibility, curent HP having no worth, heals from having a healer in party literary do nothing for the tank ... simply feels wrong and makes having a healer in party,... unecesary to put it mildly,
also means many on-heal-buffs from both devotion paladin and DC do not proc becose they nead to actualy heal the target.

-as devotion unlike the DC ,recives own heals at no penality (DC heals are more efective on others), would also mean it will alweys have a target that is beying healed.... triggering on-heal-procs.

Thoughts anyone ?

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    As a DevOP, I play my character as a Dark Paladin-or as Gathornia calls it, a Shadowknight. I run a lesser Soulforged in my Armor slot for a reason: I die quite a bit (relatively speaking for a paladin) from from huge one hits-but that fits the Dark Paladin theme: you die and are instantly resurrected. Also with the high lifesteal, it plays like you are feeding off of your enemies--couple that with Prism and Burning Guidance, and you start to empower your allies. I play with reckless abandon, and it is a blast--and it is great for roleplaying as a Dark Paladin/Anti-Paladin/Shadowknight.
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    As a protection OP, I like the feeling of having a ton of HP for the sole purpose of being "that" tank who can take the hit, Much like @rubytrue, I enjoy playing the dark side. It's the playable tank part that is missing IMO.

The "sacrifice" for protections could be seen in Binding Oath. You take all damage (if you use Divine Protector, then you take ALL damage), then you take half (up to half your hp since the shield is hp based) in damage. I still take damage to my HP, but its masked/protected by the temp hp from TW. While I have temp hp, the healers are able to heal my base hp with ease.

There was a reason I started looking at % based abilities (Like BO, AoC, Tenebrous Enchantments, Bulette Pup, etc) to give a huge HP Pool reason. I have recorded AoC having a base damage of 4100 now. Not too shabby for something that has a 100% hit rate. Maximizing that with BL and other AoE's is very nice and gives a different playing style.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.